The Outcasts (Subterranea)

Posted by Relic 
March 02, 2012 11:27AM

Origin. The Outcasts are a group of deformed human misfits that defected from normal surface-world society in favor of Subterranea, where they found eventual refuge under rule of the Mole Man. While the majority possess average stats and abilities, at least four Outcasts were chosen by Mole Man and, through unknown means, bestowed with superhuman powers to serve as personal enforcers and defenders of his underground realm.

Light Sensitivity. All Outcasts are extremely susceptible to light and as a result, suffer a -2CS penalty to all FEATs under normal daylight conditions. As precaution, special light-filtering hood-masks are worn when visiting the surface world to negate this penalty. All light-based attacks affect the Outcasts at +1CS intensity.

Durability. Mole Man's super-power endowed Outcasts are particularly durable and possess a base Poor-ranked Body Armor plus Typical Resistance vs Fire, Heat & Cold, unless stated otherwise.

Known Members: Digger, Boulder, Water-Witch & Landslide

Digger
Altered Human

F Ex 20
A Gd 10
S Rm 30
E Rm 30
R Ty 6
I Ex 20
P Pr 4

Health 90
Karma 30

Powers

Often first to enter the fray, Digger possesses Good Body Armor and Good Resistance vs Fire, Heat & Cold.

Claws. Amazing Material Strength, capable of rending +1CS strength in EA damage.
- Allows Digging at Remarkable speed, or Typical if digging a tunnel well-supported enough to allow others to follow (otherwise the tunnel collapses behind him as he digs).

_____

Boulder
Altered Human

F Ex 20
A Ty 6
S In 40
E In 40
R Pr 4
I Ty 6
P Ty 6

Health 106
Karma 16

Powers
As the Outcast's chief bruiser, Boulder possesses Excellent Body Armor in addition to Good Resistance vs Fire, Heat & Cold.

Talents
Thrown Objects. Boulder is fond of throwing heavy rocks & boulders doing so with +1CS ability.
Wrestling. +2CS Grappling

_____

Water-Witch
Altered Human

F Ty 6
A Pr 4
S Fb 2
E Ex 20
R Ty 6
I Gd 10
P Pr 4

Health 32
Karma 20

Powers

None, aside from better than average Endurance considering her old age, and base durability & resistances mentioned above. Water Witch's major powers derive directly from the rod she wields, courtesy of Mole Man.

"Dowsing Rod" - Water-Witch's "Y"-shaped rod grants her a Remarkable level of Water Control ability.

Established power stunts include:
- Water jet streams of power rank Force damage;
- Steam geyser eruption: Single target or area-effect damage of power rank Heat intensity;
- Crushing wave: Power rank path-effect Force damage one area wide, traveling 2 areas/round up to 4 areas. All targets in path must make Agility FEAT or be carried away into the next area and take subsequent damage the following turn;
- Limited Ice Gen + Water Ctrl combo for Entrapping intended target in Ice block of power rank material strength;
- Create Fog to obscure visibility

_____

Landslide
Altered Human

F Ty 6
A Gd 10
S Ty 6
E Rm 30
R Gd 10
I Ty 6
P Ty 6

Health 52
Karma 22

Powers

Vibrations. Similar to the mutant Avalanche, Landslide can generate intensified vibrations - limited to delivering the effects through his hands - and does so at Amazing power rank ability. Unlike Avalanche, however, his power can affect both non-living inanimate matter as well as organic/living matter, but the latter at -1CS intensity.

Earth moving. Projecting the vibrations into the ground creates a wave of shattered earth that travels 3 areas/round up to 6 areas. It affects everything in its path for Remarkable damage; those caught in its path are allowed an Endurance FEAT vs Remarkable intensity to avoid being stunned 1-10 rounds.

Base durability & resistances as listed above (see, "Durability")

Note: As I may be using "the Outcasts" for a future coming adventure but couldn't find any stats, I did these write-ups essentially piecemealed from various info gather across the web, without having actually read/seen them in action. Should you spot any glaring discrepancies and/or have concrete knowledge of such, please contact me as I'll be happy to update for the most accurate profile record of this motley team. Other than that, hope you enjoyed the read and can put them to use! - Relic

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 06:25AM by Relic.
Re: The Outcasts (Subterranea)
March 02, 2012 01:09PM
Very interesting. I only know of them through their brief writeups at www.writeups.org, so any conversions I'd come up with off the DC Heroes stats there would be total speculation.

Outcasts at WORG
March 02, 2012 01:33PM
That's one of the websites where I began then researched others for more info to try gauge their levels and slowly piece together overall profiles for them. Definitely an obscure (but fun) group and not much concrete out there so stat-ing them was mostly 'best guess' based by what little I could find, descriptions of what tasks they've been employed for, and the level of opponents they've faced. I think they may have a blurb in the old school Marvel Universe directories, but I'd need to dig through boxes to unarchive those.

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 01:34PM by Relic.
March 02, 2012 03:28PM
I have never heard of these guys. Thanks for sharing great job on the write ups.
I also will check out that Write Up site. I had not seen that yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 03:31PM by nightson.
March 03, 2012 10:48AM
thx! yeah i love stat-ing obscure characters; these in particular I needed for some upcoming game stuff but they are a pretty cool emsemble. Hopefully someone at Marvel reads this, dusts them off, and throws them back in the modern mix; just hope they wouldn't revamp any of them 'red'-colored with Unearthly cosmic powers etc etc or they'd completely miss the point.

March 04, 2012 02:41PM
Huh?

What!?

Why is everybody lookin at me!? I DON'T KNOW THEM!!!

Heh, but seriously, I commend you on a job well done Relic. What I think is so cool about this thread is that you've included comic panels that really gives a feel for these characters.

Never seen them before but the panels and the stats paint a interesting overall picture. Wonder if they've stayed together as a team throughout the years. They need to look out for each other.
March 05, 2012 08:39AM
Outcast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Huh?
>
> What!?
>
> Why is everybody lookin at me!? I DON'T KNOW
> THEM!!!

Hahah sorry man, didn't mean to 'out' you. Well, not OUT out, in the closet sense; you know what i mean lol

> Heh, but seriously, I commend you on a job well
> done Relic. What I think is so cool about this
> thread is that you've included comic panels that
> really gives a feel for these characters.

> Never seen them before but the panels and the
> stats paint a interesting overall picture. Wonder
> if they've stayed together as a team throughout
> the years. They need to look out for each other.

Appreciate it man! Can't tell you if they stuck together in the comics though I did see a panel of newer artwork of them online (by 'newer' i'm thinking 90s or early 2k) so I assume so; if it wasn't drawn in the Liefeld look that makes me cringe I'd have included it lol

As far as my campaign-wise? the Outcasts definitely exist; in fact, they've even grown some (members-wise). But won't give out stats to any of those just yet, in case any of my players are scouting about winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 10:29AM by Relic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 87
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.