The Human Fly

Posted by Relic 
The Human Fly
October 10, 2009 09:41AM
(Couldn't find him anywhere so I did my take - enjoy!)
_____

The Human Fly
(super-hero)

STATS

F: Ex(20) | A: Rm(30) | S: Gd(10) | E: Ex(20) | R: Ty(6) | I: Ex(20) | P: Ty(6)

HEALTH: 80 | KARMA: 32 | POP: 4 | RES: Ty

POWERS

Almost 60% of the Human Fly's bone structure has been replaced with steel as a result of severe car accident. This steel reinforcement allows the Fly to withstand stresses that a typical human body would be unable to endure.

- Reinforced Skeleton [Treat as Pr(4) Body Armor]
- Can combine with cape for added protection (see 'Equipment')

TALENTS

The Human Fly is a master aerialist, gymnast, stuntman and hand-to-hand combatant, though he abhors violence.

- Martial Arts A, B, E (Stun/Slam vs greater End; +1CS Unarmed Fighting; +1 Unarmed Initiative)

- Acrobatics (+1CS Dodge/Evade/Escape)

- Tumbling (Agil FEAT for feet-first landing in any non-damage fall)

- Performer - Stuntman

WEAPONS

- Human Fly's Baton - [Rm(30) Material Str; Ex(20) Blunt damage] The Human Fly's baton contains several offensive and defensive capabilities, in addition to helping the Fly maintain his balance during the completion of his stunts. These include:
- Metal Spike - By touching a stud in his baton, the Fly can release a metal spike, essentially turning the baton into a spear [as Ex(20) Edged attack]
- Electric Shock - The Human Fly can release a mild electric shock from his baton by pressing one of its studs [as Gd(10) Intensity Electric Attack]
- Bola - By Pressing one of the studs in his baton, the Fly can fire a propellant charge powered bola line. This can be used both to ensnare opponents as well as to create a swing line [Ex(20) material strength Bola]
- Globe Light - The head of the Fly's baton can be used as a powerful light source, activated by pressing one of the baton's studs.
- Knockout Gas - The Fly's baton can release knockout gas by pressing one of the studs [as Gd(10) intensity knock-out gas]

- Miniature Explosive Charges -The Human Fly sometimes carried these in his belt to blow open doors and locks [up to Ex(20) intensity damage]

EQUIPMENT

The Human Fly carries a number of pieces of equipment on a regular basis in addition to a variety of specialized equipment used depending upon the requirements of the stunt he was attempting. The following is a listing of many of the items which the Human Fly has used:

- Human Fly's Cape
- Non-Flammable Gel Pods - These have been secreted within the Fly's cape and set to burst open at a certain temperature, dousing the Fly in a non-flammable gel if he is exposed to a large amount of flames. [Activates when exposed to Ty(6) heat or greater providing Gd(10) heat resistance up to 10 rounds and extinguishing immediate/personal flames of Gd(10) intensity of less]
- Steel Mesh Fibers - The Human Fly's cape has been interwoven with steel-mesh fibers which has made it very durable. [Additional Fb(2) Body Armor when used as a shield bullfighter-style (treat as Combat Action) and against rear-blindside attacks]

- Magnet Clamps - These clamps are hidden in the Fly's gloves and boots and allow him to adhere to such things as a plane in mid-flight without being blown off. [as Gd(10) Wall-Crawling]

- Suction Cups - These cups can be attached to the Fly's hands, knees, elbows and feet and allow him to adhere to most normal building materials. [as Gd(10) Wall-Crawling]

- Auxiliary Jets - These are also built into the boots and gloves of the Fly's costume and use the same power source as the mag clamps. They are able to provide enough thrust in order to propel the Fly through the air for a short period of time before they become exhausted. [As Gd(10) Flight limited to maximum duration of 10 rounds]

- Mini-Explosive Charges - These have sometimes been hidden in the Fly's boots in order to blow shackles, etc. to help him escape from his death-defying stunts [Pr(4) intensity explosives designed not to harm wearer]

- Oxygen Hose - Mouthpiece and oxygen hose hidden beneath the Human Fly's costume, provding him with a five minute oxygen supply if submerged in water. [as underwater Oxygen Support max duration of 50 rounds]

- Oxygen Tank - A much larger and unwieldly, back-mounted oxygen tank which limits the Fly's mobility, but allows him to breathe in areas filled with smoke or underwater. The lower half of this is actually a seperate tank which contains a flame-proof foam, allowing the Fly to put out fires. [as underwater/gas/smoke Oxygen Support max duration 20 minutes; built-in Fire Extinguisher Gd(10) intensity; -1CS Agility penalty when used]

- Gas Mask [Ex(20) resistance vs airborn toxins/gases]

- Oxygen Helmet - For use on mountaintops where rarified air makes it difficult to breathe. The helmet is equipped with an open-channel radio and a video camera. [as Ex(20) Oxygen Support]

- Piton Gun - Gun which fires a piton which can penetrate stone, brick, steel and ice and is attached to a cable. The cable is attached to a spin reel which can then be activated, pulling the Fly to end of the cable. He has also on occasion had two piton guns strapped to his forearms. [as Ex(20) material Strength climbing cables; gun max range 6 areas (forearms 2 areas)]

- Pick Axe

- Acetylene Torch

TRANSPORTATION

Much like his equipment, the Human Fly's mode of transportation often depends upon the requirements for his latest stunt. The following is a listing of all known vehicles which the Fly has utilized:

- Human Fly Stunt Van - The main mode of transportation for the Fly and his crew to get to each of his stunts. The Van is also loaded with much of the equipment which the Fly uses.
- Jet Copter - Piloted by his trusted pilot Blaze Kendall.
- Prop Plane - Prop Plane can also be converted for vertical take-offs and landings.
- Rocket-Powered Snowmobile
- Jet-Powered Skateboard
- Rocket Bike
- Collapsible Skis
- Dirigible
- Hang Glider
- Water Skis
- Jet Pack

PUBLICATION HISTORY

The superhero the Human Fly starred in Marvel Comics' The Human Fly #1—19 (Sept. 1977 – March 1979).

FICTIONAL CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY

The second Human Fly was a young man of unknown identity who was severely injured during a car crash. After a long hospitalization, including a number of reconstructive surgeries in which much of his skeleton was replaced by steel, he took on the masked identity of the Human Fly.

As the Human Fly, he performed daredevil stunts to benefit various charities, especially those helping children with disabilities. His activities often drew him into conflict with criminals, who were often seeking to rob the charity events at which he performed. Additionally, he drew the attention of Spider-Man, who thought he might be the villain of the same name, and over the course of his career he worked with other heroes such as the Ghost Rider, White Tiger and Daredevil.

The character was based on real-life stuntman, Rick Rojatt. The comic book carried the tag line "The Wildest Super-Hero Ever – Because He's Real!", and photographs of someone in a Human Fly costume appeared in the books. Jim Shooter, a high-ranking member of Marvel's editorial staff at the time of publication, said in 2007 that the photos were indeed of Rojatt.

Faithfully compiled using info from:

[marvel.wikia.com]

and

[en.wikipedia.org]

FASERIPPED! A play-by-post Marvel adventure

Write-ups: Rottweiler, Hardknox, The Outcasts, Kaela, Magua, The Human Fly

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
Re: The Human Fly
October 10, 2009 01:22PM
Here's stats someone did way back and have been on my site.

HUMAN FLY
F- EX (20)
A- RM (30)
S- GD (10)
E- RM (30)
R- GD (10)
I- EX (20)
P- RM (30)
H- 90
K- 60
R- RM
P- 30

Equipment: Power Baton
EX material
Light Generation EX

Boots with magnetic clamps EX
Jets- FB flight, IN Leaping

Costume- EX resistance to Heat and Cold.

Talents: Repair/Tinkering, Escape Artist, Land Vehicles, Martial Arts A, C, Wrestling, Tumbling, Resist Domination, Sleight of Hand, Trance, First Aid, Detective, Performer.
Contacts: Johny Blaze (the orginal Ghost Rider), Daredevil, White Tiger.

October 10, 2009 11:17PM
Thx Ty! I just ran a best-of-three "Fly vs. Fly" thinking that my version (Relic-Fly) would wipe the floor with that previously posted ("Imposter-Fly" heh). Here's the results at 2am in the morn lol:

First match went 11 rounds, Relic-Fly was blinded by Imposter's Light Gen club for 6 but managed to stun Imposter-Fly for 10 rounds(!) catching him with a lucky club swing; his blindness penalty finally dissipated, Relic-Fly proceeded to stab the Imposter multiple times with his club's retractable metal spike; a "97" Kill shot nearly finished Imposter-Fly but unusually high endurance saved him with only 10 health to spare. Relic-Fly, with a cool 74 health remaining, regarded the pitiful molested Imposter with it's 6 rounds of Stun remaining and chose mercy, leaving him for the buzzards circling overhead.

Match 2, quite a bit different. Imposter fly uses his superior grappling skills to score a partial hold in the 2nd round; Relic-Fly is pummeled, kneed, elbowed, kidney punched, through round 6 trying and failing to escape; finally he goes on offense despite the penalty and scores a 'Slam' in the 7th; didn't know how to handle a Slam while already in a Hold, so had Imposter-Fly make a Str FEAT to maintain the hold - Success!

Imposter continues to kidney punch, left hook, elbow smash, knee Relic-Fly through round 13; still can't break free but manages to free his club and electro shocks Imposter-Fly! Round 15, Relic-Fly scores a Slam again, but this time Imposter fails his Str FEAT and goes flying 1 area. Badly damaged Relic-Fly fires his club's bola - whiff! Not even close; the two engage close quarters again; Relic-Fly sprays Imposter with Ex(20) KO gas… forgetting Imposter-Fly has Remarkable Capt. America like Endurance! Imposter laughs maniacally

Down to 8 health, pummeled, bruised and beaten, Relic-Fly has no choice but the unthinkable… he retreats in the 20th round with Gd(10) speed jet boots. Imposter-Fly with 40 health but Feeble speed boots watches his fleeing foe and yells mocking taunts of victory.

Final Match. Days of humiliating recovery later, Relic-Fly returns seeking redemption for his shameful defeat. With the fury of a thousand angry flies, Relic-Fly presses the immediate attack with a 24 point blindsided charge attack catching Imposter completely unaware in the 1st round.

However, Imposter quickly goes to his bread-n-butter - grappling for a "95" FULLHOLD! 4 rounds of painful beatings and failed escapes pass by as Relic-Fly has deja-vu and questions his purpose in life; mustering his might he breaks loose by the 7th; 9th round he evades but steps right into Imposter-Fly's swinging club; 10th - a slight changing of tides as Relic-Fly gets a 1 round stun vs Imposter; 11th - he fires his bola again this time scoring a partial hit; but what should be payback time is littered with misses and Imposter-Fly manages to partially grapple Relic-Fly in return!

It is a brutal club fest the rest of the way, with Imposter-Fly finally succumbing to defeat in the 18th. Relic-Fly, with 20 health remaining, holds his weapon high with cape blowing in the wind, Lord of the Ringsish victory music playing in the background - Fin.

"Don't over think any weapons or powers too much. Try to keep it simple and implement House Rules where you think situations don't make sense, or if the Books don't provide enough details" - TankerAce

"Some rules are just very bad, very poorly thought out, and should simply be discarded because of how completely illogical they are." - Nightmask
October 12, 2009 05:41AM
Human Fly vs. Daredevil

1st rd - Fly tracks down his unsuspecting target charging him as he enjoys a frothy café mocha; but the Devil cannot be blinded, darting swiftly to his left; Fly passes an agility FEAT (93) to deftly avoid hitting an opposite brick wall;

2nd - Fly has initiative and launches his club's bola.. Whiff. "Useless!" he screams after missing by a mile; DD responds with a Staggering billyclub upward stroke that catches Fly's chin (Fly Health: 80-14= 66);

3rd - with initiative DD presses the attack swiftly bringing the club across Fly's left temple - ouch! (Fly 66-14=52); Fly trying a different tactic, takes flight 8 areas straight up with his rocket boots!

4th - Devil dodges (-2CS) unsure of his attackers intent; Fly fails (12!!) a +4CS power drive then fails an additional Agil FEAT to avoid smashing into the ground "D'OOOH!!" Boom. Right through the concrete into the sewers below. (Fly 52-((20+(2x8 areas))-4)= 20)

5th - DD jumps through the crater landing a Staggering club strike (82) straight down on Fly's dome (Fly 20-16=4) before Fly can get his bearings. Fly blasts free of the hole again taking flight, this time to a high neighboring rooftop.

Stealing half wet jeans and a pullover hoodie from a nearby dry line, Fly limps away in defeat, plotting his revenge. Daredevil cackles in victory.

Fly vs. Devil II

1st rd - Daredevil is hanging out having his usual café mocha; careful research suggests that Devil may be susceptible to loud noises so Fly rides in... on a loud Jet-Powered Skateboard!

2nd - DD tries to evade but Fly, cruising by on the noise-maker, fires his club bola scoring a partial hit to wrap Devil up at the ankles!

3rd - DD tries to break the Ex bonds (58) but they hold fast and Fly makes him pay with a passing club strike to the kidneys (DD 110-20 = 90);

4th - Devil counters nailing Fly off his skateboard in a staggering club strike to the lower back (Fly 80-16=64)

5th - Fly throws a short-fused explosive that blasts the Devil good! (DD 90-20= 70); the boom is maddening to DD's finely-tuned senses;

6th - Fly recovers his noisy skateboard as DD again tries (21) but fails to break his captors bonds;

7th - Devil easily resists (100!) a spray of Gd K.O. gas Fly shoots from his club and into DD's face as Fly zooms in close;

8th - DD, club master that he is, rams the butt hard against the base of Fly's skull - stunning him for 5 rds! gulp (Fly 64-16=48)

9th - Ankles still pinned, Devil goes on the offense multi-attacking with his unparalleled club wielding ability; three attacks - 09 miss; 19 miss; 89 rib-cracking hit (Fly 48-16=32) chooses no Slam to keep the helpless Fly close

10th - DD pours on the offense in a final flurry; three attacks (06) miss; (63) billyclub strike to the abdomen (Fly 32-16=16) followed by (41) glancing blow to the throat (Fly 16-16=0) and Fly falls limp in defeat for a second time to the man without fear, the greatest Daredevil of them all - Fin.
October 13, 2009 04:13PM
Cool characters. Now I need a giant fly swatter! JK.
May 18, 2011 11:46AM
I had forgotten Relic did this awesome write-up of the Human Fly! It definitely is a cool one!
December 28, 2011 05:09PM
Good write up. I have a few Human Fly comics in my collection.
December 29, 2011 06:44AM
I like the VS comments, those were awesome. Do me a favor, Please? Take Black Spider or Eclipse or either of the villains of the previous 2 characters and do another? I really want to see how those work out.

"The only difference between Wise Men and Fools is that Fools don't learn from their mistakes." Highlander the Series, Season Two, Episode 7 (Revenge of the Sword), Duncan McLeod

"I have something to say; It's better to burn out then to fade away!" Highlander, The Kurgan
January 06, 2012 09:26AM
Aramanthus, thejackolantern, Soulassassin - thx guys! Hell, I even forgot I wrote this up hahah. I do like the character though. Simple yet kick-ass!

outlaw86 - thx as well, and some nice character write-ups you got there! Sounds like you wanted me to do a 'versus' breakdown of your characters battling each other but since this is the Fly's thread, I figured he'd fight one of them instead lol

After looking at stats, equipment and what not, it's pretty much a given that Black Spider, Eclipse or Paladin would consistently wipe the floor with Human Fly; based on body armor alone I don't think Fly could inflict a point of damage; WyldKard, however, I thought might be interesting, so I matched them up. And since I'm booked to run a game in a few weekends after a 3-month layoff, I figured it was a good refresher. Anyway, I elaborated a bit since it went shorter than expected lol

FLY v. WYLDKARD

Using a mini-explosive charge, the Human Fly blows the door lock and exits on to the roof top, his prey - a strange clown-faced man - just a short distance away with his back turned, stands calmly on the edge of a 25-story drop. The man lifts one leg and flails about.

"STOP! OR I'LL JUMP!" he says, gesturing as someone with suicidal intent.

"The jig is up, you pasty-faced freak show! Now just step down from that ledge," the Fly commands in a calm but stern voice.

[ending A]

"Down? I thought you'd never ask!" says WyldKard with a huge grin as he steps off… and away from Fly, plummeting to his demise some 25 stories below! A bewildered Fly looks over the ledge at the grizzly mess far below and just scratches his head. FIN.

or

[ending B]

"Y..y…you're right. It's over… I… I.. need help… professional help…" WyldKard says sobbing as his shoulders slump and he steps down from the ledge and back to the roof top. He begins reaching into his inner jacket pocket.

"HEY!" Fly says alarmed and swiftly arms his battle baton.

Still wailing uncontrollably, WyldKard waves his visible hand in surrender and pulls a handkerchief with the other to wipe the tears streaming down his face and blow his nose emphatically. Fly relaxes his baton to his side…

and the mad clown rips forth 3 playing cards hidden beneath the kerchief with deadly velocity, catching the Fly by surprise!

('Surprise' round) First card (non-face) zooms in, striking Fly in the chest (Fly Health: 80-(30-4)= 54) OUCH! Second card (Jack) misses and speeds past exploding on impact to demolish the roof-top access entrance; third card (King) spins past, and circles about… giving Fly an Intuition check to see if he notices it coming back around… (94) He does!

(Rnd 1) Fly takes defensive 'Dodging' measure while trying to close the gap. WyldKard takes out a revolver and opens fire! Fly rolls 82 for Dodge (-4CS)… the homing King spins past a second time, narrowly grazing Fly's chin, and imbeds in the roof top with a thud; however - BLAM! The dodge does lessen the effect of Wyldkard's 76 roll with the revolver (from Yellow to Green so no possible Stun) but damage is plenty and Fly is seriously reeling in pain (Fly Health: 54-(40-6 (Fly +2 protected due to cape/rear atks))= 18)

WyldKard kackles, clearly with the upper hand.

"CURSE YOU, YOU... YOU JOKER WANNABE!" Fly exclaims continuing to hobble forward.

"Wh..whu…what did you call me?"

"POSER! PRETENDER! Maybe it's true what they say… you ARE the greatest 'FAUX' in town!" Fly says, trying to buy time and calculate his next move.

(Rnd 2) Fly lunges for grapple; WyldKard goes for coup de grace with revolver… Fly wins initiative!

D'OH! Fly misses by a mile (03) and so close to the edge, has a chance to go clean over! But he makes an Agility feat (78) grabbing the ledge with one hand, his body hanging like a rag doll over the 25-story plunge.

"Well, well, well…" WyldKard says, changing his action. He doesn't shoot; instead takes out a Rambo-ish type combat knife.

(Rnd 3) Fly tries to recover back over the ledge and onto the roof… but alas, WyldKard wins initiative sad smiley

"Well Fly, it's been fun, but I really must run now. I'm sure we'll meet again… in fact, I'd STAKE my life on it!" howls the mad man, swiftly driving the knife through the back of the Human Fly's hand and deep into the railing, taking care to turn the blade a split second before impact so the Fly's weight is supported by the flat of the blade when his grasp instantly releases in pain.

"YYYEEARRRGGGHGHghhhhh!" screams the Fly as the WyldKard bounces away jumping up to click his heels while breaking into song,

"Weeee'rrrrre OFF to see the wiizaarrrd! The wonderful wizard of Ozzz!!"

FIN.

January 08, 2012 12:47PM
HA!!!! Now THAT'S funny! Thanks for that, that worked out better than I thought. The possible first ending wouldn't happen, though; WyldKard is chaotic, sure, but he's not one for the death wish. He might use such a ruse to try to escape, though........

"The only difference between Wise Men and Fools is that Fools don't learn from their mistakes." Highlander the Series, Season Two, Episode 7 (Revenge of the Sword), Duncan McLeod

"I have something to say; It's better to burn out then to fade away!" Highlander, The Kurgan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 98
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.