R 30
I 30
P 40
Health: 80
Resources: Feeble (2)
Popularity: 0
Powers
Dimensional Travel: Amazing Rank (50).
-As Power Stunts, he can also Teleport or Time Travel.
Adaptation: Amazing Rank (50).
-Defensive: if hit by an attack, he gains a new power at Amazing Rank. This lasts until he is hit by a different attack.
Contacts: Spider-Man, Fantastic Four
Talents
Occult
Power Use (Adaptation)
Weapon (Staff)
Origin
Simon Jones discovered his ability to travel to other worlds as a child, after accidentally passing through a portal to the land of the Fay. It turned out this was a power inherited from an ancestor, a Spanish sorcerer. He learned from the faeries about magic and the nature of the multiverse, and has spent his life since then exploring it.
Years ago during one adventure, Simon was exposed to chemicals that mutated him, giving him the ability to adapt to any environment, making his travels safer.
Re: My Original Character: The Traveler!
April 26, 2016 10:52PM
interesting use of the adaptation to 'gain powers'. I think as a GM i would need a lot of fast talking by the players to accept that interpretation!

can explain how that power works in more detail?
April 27, 2016 04:06PM
I'm basing that on the PHASERIP version of the rules. Defensive is an improvement that allows Adaptation to provide a power (after you have been affected by an attack). This is usually the appropriate Resistance, but could be, say, a heat aura after being burned. The choice is up to the GM, presumably. Note you only get the one extra power, and when hit by another attack (or exposed to another dangerous situation) your power changes again whether you like it or not. Think Darwin of the X-Men, except he changes *before* being hit (there's a Flexibility for that, too, I just decided not to give it to The Traveler.)
April 27, 2016 10:11PM
fair enough- thanks smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Heroes Currently Online

Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 47
Record Number of Heroes Online: 6 on January 11, 2016
Record Number of Persons Hiding Behind Secret Identities: 1815 on March 02, 2024

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.
Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission.
This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.