What if you could make your own "What If?"

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: What if Cap hadda been Pro-Reg?
February 24, 2008 04:23AM
I think Stark needs to learn that there's a big difference between a guy in a metal suit and just about anyone with advanced powers. I think he went and subjected himself to Extremis because he was tired of being a powerless human who relied upon a suit packed with technology and wanted to have some inherent powers of his own but being who he is went with something like that instead of powers like we see with the FF or Hulk. Frankly I'm surprised he didn't just get the transmode virus from Warlock's race and go total technology but I guess he prefers looking human enough to still get the ladies.

Sentry's also in a questionable state; supposedly he was depowered after expending all his energy fighting the Hulk and turning both of them human again. Then again we saw a lot of questionable choices by people during the Civil War and WWH. While the Hulk was being relatively peaceful he was constantly being attacked and harassed to provoke him (although admittedly that was always going on in the Hulk comics; he couldn't take a break and watch a sunset without someone cutting loose with some kind of weapon on him because he was being so dangerous watching that sunset).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Joe
What if Dr. Doom...
February 24, 2008 07:20PM
What if Dr. Doom got the power of the Juggernaut?
Re: What if you could make your own "What If?"
February 24, 2008 11:50PM
For my own, 'What If', it would have to be about Earth-2149 (the Zombie world). Specifically, what if the war between the zombies and the normal humans/heroes had a different outcome?
Specifically, the point of divergence occurrs when Quicksilver avoids getting infected by Mystique. There are still many heroes who get infected and there are horrendous human casualties. The uninfected heroes are as follows:
Magneto, Forge, Juggernaut, War Machine, Vision, Punisher, Dr. Strange, Black Widow, Taskmaster, Wonder Man, Living Laser, Abomination, Beta Ray Bill, Black Tom. Banshee, Siryn, Captain Britain, Crimson Dynamo, Silver Samurai, Sunfire, Force
The human forces are led by Nick Fury and the remnants of SHIELD; the agents wear either Mandroid or Guardsman battlesuits

One of the early battles has Magneto killing the zombified Captain America and taking his shield; the war ends when a search team of SHIELD agents (led by Nick Fury) finds the hammer of Thor, one of the living heroes is found worthy to wield it; using the full power of Thor to destroy the rest of the Zombies.

Comments, anyone??

Mike Garrity

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2008 11:51PM by Swordman2.
February 25, 2008 01:32AM
I do wonder about how you could infect Thor in the first place, but then again somehow they show Juggernaut being infected so the setting is clearly not making much use of plausibility so infecting Thor and having it somehow make him unworthy of his hammer is as likely as anything else (especially when you consider the one What-if they recently presented with Thor as a Herald of Galactus and still being worthy of Mjolnir).

Since the Marvel comics version of Thor is set-up so Mjolnir can be wielded by anyone fitting Odin's definition of worthy the odds are you could probably find someone else who could access it and the power it brings (people heroically fighting against zombie hordes would have to produce someone of that stock), and help undo things so that the zombies end up losing and don't get to become cosmic cancers on the universe that they inhabit.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

February 25, 2008 01:43AM
While I haven't read the Marvel Zombies series yet, I love the sound of this ending.

When these super humans become zombies do they still have access to their powers?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
February 25, 2008 01:58AM
It seems to depend on the powers, some end up warped or inactive (obviously or Wolverine wouldn't be able to be converted, as it shuts down his healing factor) others work fairly well still. Quicksilver obviously retained all of his powers as he dashed around infecting everyone he could find.

-- Peter David

Re: What if Dr. Doom...
February 25, 2008 02:28AM
Well it is a problem to be sure. He'd probably be more than the Fantastic Four could handle anymore. With his technology, magic and the Crimson Gem...dang.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
Re: What if Dr. Doom...
February 25, 2008 03:46AM
Well while the extra physical power would certainly make him formidable the Juggernaut's been stopped before. All it would really mean is in straightforward physical combat they'd lose. However given that Doom is more of a cerebral opponent rather than physical (he could have easily set himself up with permanent physical powers by now) he'd probably fail to use the powers as much as one would expect him to. Plus if you go by the retcon turning Cytorrak into a bloodthirsty monster Doom would likely end up losing the power or most of it anyway simply due to his failing to indescriminately slaughter innocents.

-- Peter David

Joe
February 25, 2008 08:36AM
Swordman2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For my own, 'What If', it would have to be about
> Earth-2149 (the Zombie world). Specifically, what
> if the war between the zombies and the normal
> humans/heroes had a different outcome?
> Specifically, the point of divergence occurrs when
> Quicksilver avoids getting infected by Mystique.
> There are still many heroes who get infected and
> there are horrendous human casualties. The
> uninfected heroes are as follows:
> Magneto, Forge, Juggernaut, War Machine, Vision,
> Punisher, Dr. Strange, Black Widow, Taskmaster,
> Wonder Man, Living Laser, Abomination, Beta Ray
> Bill, Black Tom. Banshee, Siryn, Captain Britain,
> Crimson Dynamo, Silver Samurai, Sunfire, Force
> The human forces are led by Nick Fury and the
> remnants of SHIELD; the agents wear either
> Mandroid or Guardsman battlesuits
>
> One of the early battles has Magneto killing the
> zombified Captain America and taking his shield;
> the war ends when a search team of SHIELD agents
> (led by Nick Fury) finds the hammer of Thor, one
> of the living heroes is found worthy to wield it;
> using the full power of Thor to destroy the rest
> of the Zombies.
>
> Comments, anyone??
>
> Mike Garrity

I like it, but with Beta Ray Bill, would you even need Thor's hammer? Also Bill could use both his own hammer and Thor's, giving him two Class 3000 weapons. I wonder how that would work? I think there is an issue of Thor comics that has one of the Thor knock offs using more than one hammer at a time. It came out in the late 80's early 90's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2008 08:40AM by Joe.
February 25, 2008 09:05AM
I remember Thunderstrike using the Mace Odin gave him and the Executioner's Axe created by the Enchantress (or at least presumeably created by her) at one time and getting high off the combined power, but I don't remember anyone getting to benefit from having two authentic Mjolnir's at the same time.

-- Peter David

Joe
February 25, 2008 10:54AM
I think it had something to do with the original apperance of the Thor Corps.
Joe
February 25, 2008 11:21AM
I just found out it was the Thor War in 1990 around issue 440. It was a four part story.
February 25, 2008 04:25PM
Yeah, I remember that. Not the greatest writing in the history of comics, but still fun.

One of my all time favorite story arcs was the Black Galaxy Saga. Were you a Thor reader at that time?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
Joe
February 25, 2008 10:14PM
What year was that?
February 26, 2008 12:20AM
It was in July of 1990. Attached in the cover for the first comic in the story arc.

Hey, also this website: [www.comicvine.com] has an awesome amount of data on comics, and characters. Check it out man.

Special thanks to Punstarr for getting me addicted to it.

I've even got a profile over there. It's like MySpace for comic freaks. Dang....I could have just done this I guess:

[www.comicvine.com]

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
Attachments:
open | download - 2294-32981-1-thor_400.jpg (68.8 KB)
Joe
February 26, 2008 11:21PM
I have read it, but it was a long time ago, and I don't remember it.
February 26, 2008 11:59PM
Well you might remember Eric Masterson and Thor got separated by a blast from a Celestial in the Black Galaxy. My next What If? comes from that period.

What If? Thor and Eric Masterson were never merged together again during the Endless Circle Epic?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
February 27, 2008 04:52PM
What if Galactus Had Fought the Celestials.
February 27, 2008 05:13PM
Why would he want to?

-- Peter David

Joe
February 28, 2008 11:37AM
What if Galactus had Juggernaut as his hearold?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.