Re: Weaknesses, Vulnerabilities, Power Restrictions

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
August 24, 2007 04:05PM
Hi Yendor,
I had a player that chose enhanced senses for one of his powers but when it came to rolling for the power strength he did quite poorly. He wanted to bump this power up another 2 ranks to Monstrous. The limitation that I put on this power is that he had no sense of taste.

I dont play on this weakness alot but I have found it to be handy in game when I want to manipulate the characters direction.

The key to the power limitations is that it should balance out the game. In the above example the senses that we most use are sight, sound, smell, touch, Taste is not used in game so much but if you want to drugg a character with a poison or some other such item then you can make use of it to add to the drama.

In DC the green lanterns ring is almost all powerful but it has one weakness against yellow from memory. I dont know if this is still the case maybe someone else can add to this.

Any vulnerability should not be well know by their adversaries. Also when it does come into play it should be rare.
Subject Author Views Posted

Weaknesses, Vulnerabilities, Power Restrictions

Yendor 246 July 24, 2007 11:01PM

Fangs 63 August 24, 2007 04:05PM

Punstarr 59 August 24, 2007 04:31PM

davidrpaige 44 August 24, 2007 10:50PM

RAGNARoK 41 August 27, 2007 09:44PM

Punstarr 45 August 27, 2007 11:11PM

RAGNARoK 44 August 28, 2007 05:43PM

T-Gun 34 September 02, 2007 07:21PM

Yendor 38 September 11, 2007 08:30AM

Fangs 24 October 19, 2007 05:45AM

collin152 25 November 17, 2007 04:45PM

The Last Duskblade 19 December 11, 2007 06:44PM

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.