Who else could lift Thor's Hammer?

Posted by Epyon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Who else could lift Thor's Hammer?
October 23, 2002 10:54PM
Thanks for the support Gerrod.

Have a look at the following thread this was discused.

[www.classicmarvel.com]

I tend to give out some where in the vicinity of anywhere between 300 to 800 at a stretch sometimes more depending on the game session.

The players would tend to use up a slightly lesser amount than what I give out. Essentially they may end up with maybe 200 more karma per game session than they started with.

they Tend to come up against powerful mutants/Altered humans/Aliens as the general run of the mill villians are just to easy.

Fangs
>>| |-- ::!o --||<<
"Yes it the Game has bugs"
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
October 24, 2002 07:37AM
my own wild bunch was able to save about seventy to one hundred and fifty per session with luck, but often enough ended up with less at the end of a session than they started with.

We played a bit closer to the cuff, and they usually got no more than three hundred total per session, but we weren't into IronMan level stuff either... more Cap to Daredevil to maybe Spiderman's normal level of opposition.

I've run games where I gave out that much, and even a bit more, as we averaged almost a grand per session with this one bunch I'm thinking of... but most of those guys would have been a good run for Thor, Iron man , the Hulk, etc. We traded off JGing in that campaign, meyself and another guy, and I actually got to play some there. My character in that game, Aftermath (a dark force user, kind of like a green lantern type, except the energy used was dark force), took on the entire Wrecking Crew single handedly, and did, after a long, lllllooooonnngggg @#$%& fight, squeek it out against them.

G

If electricity comes from electrons; does that mean that morality comes from morons? G. Carlin
Spirit
October 24, 2002 02:13PM
My players average 200-400 per session.
And that could be saved up.
October 24, 2002 05:11PM
I am going to have to look at all the ways for the players to obtain karma.

I think that one way is that they get karma equal to the number of the highest rank of the opponent that they come up against. Is anyone able to verify this for me.

Karma also for hero stuff rescues stopping crimes, defeating villians. ect.

Karma for GOOD RPing characterisations as well and contributions to general enjoyment of game session.

Anthing else that I have forgotten ???

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
Spirit
October 24, 2002 05:18PM
That's the way it's supposed to work. Kinda silly though.

I just have my players write down their 10 best actions after the game, then I give 10-50 karma for each one.

I only take awya karma during the game.
October 24, 2002 07:40PM
found the reverence. It is in the players book page 34,
Award for Foes: In addition to all other
awards, the hero receives Karma for
battling and defeating opponents. Such an
opponent is usually a criminal or villain.
This award may be made only if the
opponent has an ability or Power of
Remarkable or higher (small fry do not
count). The award is equal to the highest
rank number of the opponent.

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
Spirit
October 24, 2002 07:51PM
Yeah, but my problem with that is by those rules, you may as well go beat up Rogue and get the 1000 pts for her psi-screen.
October 24, 2002 08:47PM
cool now I can lift thors hammer....

*ducks for cover*

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"
October 25, 2002 05:47AM
Hey, I still say Rick Jones. As a matter of fact I'm surprised he hasn't yet. After all he is the ultimate sidekick, lackey and overall space filler in Marvel. It wouldn't even be a stretch. He was, after all, linked in the same way to Captain Marvell, The Ultimate Good Guy. Beyond that he worked with Cap, Hulk and even that lame ROM character from the 80s. He's fought more supervillians than some actual super heroes have.

Besides, while the others may be worthy to lift it, only peons are actually allowed to bond with it to summon Thor.

Of course he might not. After all, I've never seen a non-blonde wield Thor's Hammer. Is that part of the Worthiness factor?

Jesus Saves! The rest of you take damage.
Spirit
October 25, 2002 02:16PM
Yeah, you have to dye your hair from red to blonde.
God, I hate thor.

Wonder why Jones has never been updated and given a good series. They could give him powers from the Body Shop or something.
Alabar
October 25, 2002 02:20PM
Last time I checked Peter Parker, Storm or Wonder Woman wasn't blonde or maybe I'm color blind!

Question. How many player's were in your games? Because I could of sworn it said in the book that most karma was divided between the group. Must've been no more than 3 or 4!

Alabar
October 27, 2002 05:55PM
I have about 3 to 5 players. I have on one occasion GJ'ed up to 10 ... that was an effort. It did work but I could not see myself doing it again.

Fangs
"I like mine squished"
"Bon Appetite!"

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.