Silver Age Sentinels

Posted by Kaz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kaz
Silver Age Sentinels
October 23, 2002 11:14PM
A lot of forum lurkers on other superhero sites love this game by Guardians of Order, Inc. I decided to go check it out and I laughed when I read something in their "fast play" character creation. Check this out:
Table 11: Attribute Progression
Level 2 - Good
Level 4 - Excellent
Level 6 - Incredible
Level 8 - Amazing
Level 10 - Unearthly

I thought I was seein' a mirage or somethin'. I assume it is an homage or "tip-of-the-cap" to MSHRPG, but one never really knows. Here's the link to the PDF: [www.silveragesentinels.com]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life
Re: Silver Age Sentinels
October 24, 2002 07:40AM
heh, never noticed that before now. Cool.

SAS is quite a good Super-Hero system, assuming you like the Tri-Stat system presented in "Big Eyes, Small Mouth" (the aime rpg made by Guardians of Order). There's been some work done to convert various comics characters (both Marvel and DC) to SAS stats, to (notihng "official," mind you, just fan-done conversions).

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Spirit
October 24, 2002 02:09PM
Never seen that, but I like how they have a lot more room in the human levels for stats.
October 26, 2002 08:25PM
here's the page I mentioned, where a Mister Matthews has statted out various DC and Marvel character in SAS terms: [www.sascharacters.com]

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.