Vlemming's Website!

Posted by Drifter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vlemming's Website!
August 01, 2007 11:26AM
Does anyone know if Vlemming who had the website "Marvel RPG and more" has I new website or a new website address! :S
Re: Vlemming's Website!
August 01, 2007 11:31AM
I'm not familiar with anyone named Vlemming, sorry. It could be he used to post here but hasn't in awhile.

X
August 01, 2007 11:41AM
Vlemming, is like the original father of all Marvel RPG sites! I read in one of the Marvel webRings that Vlemming had the first Marvel SuperHeroes RPG websites... (tu)
August 01, 2007 11:43AM
This is the first Marvel RPG site I've ever seen. Not saying you're wrong, but Vlemming's stuff couldn't have been as easy to find online as Auntie P's.

August 01, 2007 12:45PM
Last time I went to Vlemming's website was probably around 1999.

It was pretty tight, but I believe that alot of vlemming's info has been ported over here anyhow.

I did like his section on 'this week's comics' where he'd post the stats of all the characters that appeared in various titles marvel released that given week.

August 01, 2007 01:29PM
His site was easy to find and filled with goodies. He had loads of write ups and all kinds of other good stuff. Sadly it seems to finally be gone for good. The last two years it would occassionaly show up on the web ring but seems to have fully died now. R.I.P. your site will be missed.
Vlemming's Website: Still Kicking!
August 01, 2007 03:58PM
For those interested in checking out Wouter Vlemming's Marvel site:

[web.archive.org]

One of the very first Marvel sites I chanced across...

It's not been updated in forever, and likely won't be updated, but could still be worth a look to those unfamiliar with it.

Quack, damn you...
August 01, 2007 08:24PM
His was definitely one of the first back in the mid 90s before mine or this place. Mine has been up for 10 years. Someone just emailed me looking for a new webpage of his. As far as I know there isn't one.
X
Re: Vlemming's Website! New
August 02, 2007 02:05AM
Drifter, I was able to get Wouter Vlemming's Web address from The SKYCUTTER! X(

[www.astro.uni-bonn.de]
August 02, 2007 06:25AM
Too bad I don't see anything about Marvel there. Maybe someone can find an email link and see if he has done anything at all the last 8-10 years related to the game.
August 02, 2007 09:52AM
Hi all,

I'm deeply touched that there are people out there who remember me :)

(so much so that I decided to register here to post :))
I even remember at least 1 name from way back then.

It's been many many years. Unfortunately work has kept me from doing anything Marvel related for a long time and I also have only recently begun to pick up some TPBs of the recent comics. My old site remained up for a while until my father stopped paying for it, and I was too busy to move it (though I must have some backups somewhere).

Nice to see the old Marvel game still has its followers.

Cheers all, and I'll start keeping an eye out for what's happening in the Marvel RPG world.
August 02, 2007 10:08AM
Hola. I hadn't been familiar with your site until it was brought up on this thread, but it's nice to meet you. I hope you decide to stick around here. :)

August 02, 2007 10:13AM
I'd have to think back very hard, but I think it started around 1992 or something like that. I managed to regularly update it for about 6 years but it stayed up till about a year ago.

Doing a quick check here it indeed seems that a lot of my stuff has made it onto this site, so it's good that someone managed to save it.
August 02, 2007 10:15AM
Hey, Vlemming! Long time, no see...I've not hide nor hair of you
in many years, and I've been a long time devotee of Classic MSH,
and used your site a great deal in college. :)

Regards!

Niniri

August 02, 2007 10:22AM
Parts of my site can actually still be found in a google search for 'site:www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~vlemming/'

Unfortunately, my old university doesn't give me access anymore, but the individual pages are still up (such as a description of Limbo, Winding Way magic, the original Legacy Virus page and several individual stats pages).
(My apologies for some of the horrible backgrounds I used, I was young and naive :))
August 02, 2007 10:39AM
well there was also a lot of limitations on what you could pull off back then.

Here's to the Marvel mailing list alumni still being around!

August 02, 2007 10:43AM
Here, here, indeed! CHEERs!

:!)-D

Regards,

Niniri

August 02, 2007 10:45AM
Hey, Vlemming....

Check your Private Messages! :)

Niniri

HEY VLEMMING!!!
August 02, 2007 02:18PM
Wow! It's a good thing I peeked in here. (I'm currently on vacation.) Some of my stuff is on your old page. Fortunately, I grabbed a lot of it from a web archive site a long while ago. It seems like an eternity since I contributed to that site. For anyone that doesn't know yet, a lot of the Spider-Man write-ups on there were mine and definitely are "from the era." (For those of you who don't know, you could probably find out my real name now with that information.)

But I digress... It's good to see you around, Wouter.

TAG
August 02, 2007 06:07PM
Good to see you again V. I have a lot of the stuff from your site printed out and still have those pages buried somewhere. Long live the MSH Mailing List Alumni!!!!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.