Drug Ranks?

Posted by G.A.W. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Drug Ranks?
August 05, 2007 10:45AM
Any idea's on having addiction and effects rankings for the different drugs and alcolhol.

Pot-?
Morphine-?
Cocaine-?
Heroine-?
PCP-?

Strong booze-?

Maybe an intensity vs. endurance or another ability?
duration and amount would play a part but keep it simple.

Any CS minuses ( or pluses for PCP ) on abilities under the influence of drugs?

Any general ideas on the subject is welcome.
Re: Drug Ranks?
August 05, 2007 12:38PM
Note: These are my opinions. ie, how I would do things in my game.

Addiction should be a save made with both End and Psyche. To use it with zero effects, your Psyche and End should be at least 2CS higher than the Addiction intensity of the drug. Remarkable seems like a decent intensity for something like Cocaine, while Pot would have more like a Typical Intensity.

Pot would likely give penalties to any power used on the drug user that tried to make him angry. I'd also slap a -1CS to Intuition, maybe Agility.

Cocaine would give a +1CS to Intuition (max of Remarkable) but give a -2CS penalty to all End tests when making a kill check.

Morphine gives the same penalties as Pot, but also gives a -2CS to Psyche. After a certain amount of time, that -2 to Psyche becomes permanent. (This could be applied to many drugs)

PCP would give a bonus of +1CS to Strength (Max Remarkable) but has the same penalty as cocaine. It also has the added effect of negating pain (but not damage). You might even give them like Good Iron Will.

Booze would give a pretty hefty penalty to Agility and Intuition, say maybe -2, possibly even 3 depending on how much is drunk.

August 05, 2007 10:18PM
Thanks Punstarr
August 06, 2007 09:03AM
I like punstarrs assessment, since I've done most of the stuff on that list, and it's pretty much how it makes you feel. I might give a + 1 bonus to init on cocaine as well, and a sort of iron will equivilent to heroin as there is with PCP due to the pain killer like effects of opiates.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.