Dr.Doom and theft

Posted by Powersurge 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dr.Doom and theft
July 28, 2007 06:43PM
I'm wondering what technological artifacts the FF might be in possession of that Doom might want to takeover possession of.

I'd imagine that he consider the theft of Reed's creations to be entirely beneath him, but I'm thinking of stuff along the lines of the Ultimate Nullifier.

Any ideas?

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
Re: Dr.Doom and theft
July 28, 2007 11:22PM
I can't really think of anything that Reed has that Doom couldn't come up with himself given the desire to do so. Now, I could see Doom possibly wanting some unique or extremely rare resource that might lie inside the FF's headquarters. If getting Doom inside FF's base is your goal, that's one plot hook one could use to get there. Of course, being Doom, he'd have someone else go in his stead, or at the very least, a Doombot. I don't see Victor going himself unless there's some mighty huge reason (short of Galactus returning, and that's even a stretch).

TAG
July 29, 2007 12:47AM
More likely Doom would be going in or sending a minion or minions to recover something his rival had acquired from him during a previous encounter. Reed's insatiable lust for knowledge has him salvaging any possible technology or material that catches his curiousity, and unlike Doom he has no problems with learning from someone else's creations.

Preventing Reed from acquiring some kind of undesired info on him (perhaps map coordinates to an especially secret lair or to some kind of special override device he has to keep secret) would be a big motivation, or he could be in a hurry and require the Negative Zone portal and not have the time to build his own and have to force his way in to use it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
July 29, 2007 12:40PM
Oh, and another good point for using minions: "stealing" is beneath Doom.
July 29, 2007 03:44PM
If Vic was going to prank Reed, he'd probably take the entire freaking building. He's done it before, after all.
Vic would wait until the F4 were away, then he'd activate whatever building-transporting tech he'd come up with and transfer the entire F4 headquarters to some spot in Latveria.
Probably a park within easy view of his castle.
And then as a final slap he'd plop big commemorative plaques on both sites to celebrate his victory over Reed.

July 30, 2007 08:03AM
Poratal to the Negtative Zone.

It's the only one on the planet and Reed owns it. If Doom needed to get there for whatever reason, he'd have to use Reed's portal> That might be one reason where necessity would require Doom get his hands dirty.

Also, when it comes to the FF, there are no rules, until Richards is dead, Doom will do just about anything that would otherwise be 'beneath' him.

July 30, 2007 10:53AM
Not necessarily, he's done things for them of a positive nature because it would have been beneath him not to, or to demonstrate his superior intellect, such as curing the Human Torth after Inferno left him stuck at high flame, or when he helped the Invisible Woman to deliver her second child on that second time around. In both cases he could have left them in the state they were in for his revenge on the FF but didn't.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
July 30, 2007 11:22AM
Like I said, when it comes to Doom dealing with the FF, there are no rules. Just as it's pretty unlikely that Doom would go out of his way to help his most hated enemies, he could just as easilly do any number of things noone would expect.

July 30, 2007 12:16PM
He'd help if it meant he got something greater in return. Like, say, when he helped deliver Valeria, and in the process turned her into his familiar, able to see & hear through her.
July 30, 2007 01:24PM
I agree that when it comes to Richards, Doom's "honor" may not apply.

August 04, 2007 07:47PM
There was an old Fantastic Four story where Doom once transfered his mind into Reed Richards body.

In another story in the 1990's, Doom kidnaped Reed's child Franklin to defeat Memphestio.
August 07, 2007 05:02PM
The Machine that opens a portal to the Negitive zone,a whole new Universe for him to play in.
August 08, 2007 08:59AM
::ahem:: that's what I said.

August 08, 2007 03:53PM
Would the real Capocastillo please stand up please stand up.Sorry cap I did not look at your post I wrote my post in a Hurry.:P

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.