Heroes Line-Up/Cast

Posted by Boone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Heroes Line-Up/Cast
December 06, 2007 07:59AM
The Haitian has had the stated ability of being able to prevent people's powers from working as well as his ability to erase memories.

Re: Hiro / Sylar
December 06, 2007 08:03AM
This hasn't happened, but could concievably:

Future Sylar kills Future Hiro, takes temporal displacement power, goes back in time and is killed / robbed of powers by past Sylar...voila... four causality loops where there was only 1 before.

(Maybe they should call the show Hiros.)

They're handling time travel the DC way does (where you can go back and actually meet yourself) rather than the Marvel way (where you're shunted into pocket timelines that may detach and "be" an alternate universe of its own right, but you'll never return to any universe but one that you "never left" unless you're inside the M'Kraan Crystal)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2007 08:10AM by The Beyonders.
December 06, 2007 08:46AM
One Character I did forget is Eve (I think that was her name). She worked for the Agency with Noah Bennett and had the power of Suggestion/Mind Control. She was killed by Sylar and therefore he would also now have her power.

And I disagree with Sylar now having the Hatian's powers of mind wipe and power nulling. Sylar needs to kill his victims and he hasn't killed the Hatian yet, so I don't think he has recovered any wiped memories to date.

We've gotten a bit off topic at this point. Can anyone think of anymore characters or powers I may have missed, and not so much chatting about the plot?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2007 08:47AM by Boone.
December 06, 2007 09:14AM
Uh Sylar never got Eve's powers, she blew her brains out specifically to prevent his gaining those powers, and I don't think anyone said Sylar had the Haitian's powers, Peter should have those powers. The Haitian never had power nulling powers, he only had the power to wipe minds and block those with telepathic powers from reading minds under his protection as long as he was around (although someone determined and powerful enough could occasionally get brief flashes of information, although they would tend to not feel so great afterwards).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 06, 2007 09:21AM
How long has DC been like that? As far back as I can remember while you could travel into the past or future you couldn't exist as a corporeal being at a point in time where you already exist. In fact it was almost common for Superman to go into the past and observe events in that intangible, undetectable state to learn things without fear of changing history. It wasn't until near the end of the age and the Crisis that they introduced a few individuals who'd developed time travel devices that could actually let one change history (Kobra and Chronos in fact, and the Flash's old foe Abra Kadabra actually attempted to do so, ironically enough to make life BETTER for Barry Allen but he was too distrustful of Kadabra to believe him and so rejected the offer and as we all know he died during the Crisis).

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

December 06, 2007 09:26AM
Who knows haw DC does it *now*. They're only sure the first 52 seconds of the
DCU's existence can't be retconned... (:!D
December 06, 2007 10:12AM
My mistake about Eve. Forgot she killed herself to prevent him getting her powers. As well as my misreading another post about Peter having mindwipe powers now.

However, I thought at some point they said the Haitian could block other powers.

Here's quoting Capocastillo:

"The Haitian has had the stated ability of being able to prevent people's powers from working as well as his ability to erase memories"

If we could focus on the theme of the thread though and get back to any other characters. I've gotten Charlie and Eve who I'd fogotten thus far.

Maybe all the talk about timelines should get started in it's own thread?
December 06, 2007 10:49AM
her name is Eden

December 06, 2007 08:54PM
plus, If ALL he could do is block telepaths, why the hell would future Peter be afraid to attack the level he's on? He'd just kill anybody who got in his way, with no regard to telepathy. Plus, Hiro wouldn't have any problems either.

It's all in the brain: Memories, Powers... The Hatian does not have mind control, he has Brain Control.
December 06, 2007 09:09PM
Because he also wipes minds, not just blocks telepathy, so if he got the drop on you you'll find yourself little more than a drooling vegetable. Someone that can erase everything that makes you you should always be treated with respect and at least some fear (something that should happen with Professor X more often in the comics, especially when he's known to have totally wiped at least one person's mind in a fit of rage).

-- Peter David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2007 09:10PM by Nightmask.
December 06, 2007 09:58PM
But... they can STOP TIME. And Peter can turn invisible. Why would they be worried of him erasing their memories? They were concerned they would lose their powers. And to prove it, tomorrow I'm watching that episode again to get specific lines.
Joe
December 07, 2007 04:22AM
I agree, at least twice they have mentioned that he can block others powers.
December 07, 2007 07:55AM
to settle this once and for all...

The Haitian has also displayed the ability to negate the powers of other heroes within an unknown distance. He has an incredible degree of control over this power even to the point of allowing some in his vicinity to use powers and others not. This ability is not supreme, however, as various heroes have overcome it with great effort. How this aspect of the Haitian's powers works is currently unknown. His future self seems to be more proficient with this particular ability than the current Haitian, as even with the mastery that Peter Petrelli and Hiro Nakamura achieved with their abilities in the future, they still feared that their powers would be useless if they came within the general vicinity of the Haitian.

[en.wikipedia.org]

December 07, 2007 08:07AM
What official information is written up on the actual Heroes website? Wiki entries aren't always as accurate as we'd like, as some are based on how someone interpreted events rather than how they actually where.

-- Peter David

December 07, 2007 09:35AM
They said it verbatim in the freakin show. Rewatch it.

December 07, 2007 03:26PM
Quoth future Hiro "The haitian has a way of stopping my powers" , Episode 5 Years Gone, 5:35 into it, comercials excluded.
Back to subject
December 09, 2007 10:34PM
Let's not hijack the guys thread. I know I've done it, but I've heard it's rude, isn't it? Post plot stuff elsewhere. That's proper "netiquette".

Did you get Charles, Boone? The guy who Peter cared for in the very beginning of the show? Charles was one of the group that Angela belonged to. The group that doesn't seem to show their powers very much: Hiro's dad, Charles, Angela, Peter and Nathan's dad, Bob (power to look like an accountant?).

And did we get melt metal stuff? When Suresh first met Sylar, Sylar passed himself off as the kid who get melt wrenches.

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
Re: Back to subject
December 10, 2007 09:16AM
Bob's power is to transmute elements.

December 10, 2007 10:14AM
I wonder what his range is, whether it's touch or he can work at a distance or if even will let him create complete compounds or molecules like plasic or interferon. Frankly Peter should have used that power to break into the vault, just turn it into oxygen or even something inert like nitrogen (suffocation not being a problem for him or Adam after all) instead of pushing it with the telekinesis, although I realize the writers wanted something flashier than that.

-- Peter David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 10:16AM by Nightmask.
December 11, 2007 03:43PM
The Haitian stopped Peter from getting Bob's power.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.