Ready to rock....

Posted by The Beyonders 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nonsense.
December 31, 2007 09:17PM
This whole thing is also the exact thing that has kept me from being involved on other forums. This place is the only forum I have been on where the nonsense has been kept to a minimum. If that will no longer be the case, I'll be bailing on this as well.

TLD
Re: Nonsense.
December 31, 2007 09:27PM
Well I did what I could, when it got repetitive and too hot I said okay I'm done not going to continue it anymore. I didn't cast any aspersions on Beyonders GM abilities or pull out of the game, I was all for dropping it and trying to have some fun gaming in the new year.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
December 31, 2007 11:34PM
Jesus. Someone needs to add Class 1000 Tissue Creation to his character. And give them a pig face, coz anthro so rocks.

Nightmask, you were booted because of your arrogant tone towards me: *"Go back and read the rules..."* when your tiny mind can't get around the concept of a character that can create a gravity level within that micro-environment that is slightly higher (say 1.1G or 1.001G, or 1.00001G or 1.000000000001G) than gravity in the "macro-environment" (1.0 G) can "cancel out the effects of the lower intensity of gravity" and stand in the air on a platform created by the micro-enviroment bubble and not need a power stunt for it at all nor take on an evil bent.

I can't bear to think about the screeching halt the game would come to when you found out your character couldn't shove his Captain America-esque gloves into self-created super-glue and get up a wall with his strength level, one reach at a time, with any kind of speed that would resemble Wall-Crawling.

I can translate into monosyllabics if necessary.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2007 11:40PM by The Beyonders.
January 01, 2008 12:00AM
Wow. I walk into *this*?

I'm a little embarrassed for you guys.

Here's hoping a new year will bring you both clearer heads and open minds.

-BZ
Re: Slot Open
January 01, 2008 12:25AM
Niniri,

The potential problem we've discussed had its potential nullified.

We're playing Marvel in the Purple Multiverse. Everyone looking for a Semantics game, ask Nightmask to start one.

-----
"Batman and Captain America are the key to everything" - Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Blue3/Red616, on merging the Purple Multiverse
Slot Not Open, btw.
January 01, 2008 01:47AM
Just as Nightmask's command of simple game mechanics is Feeble, his command of the number of players in my game is significantly less.

-----

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2008 01:50AM by The Beyonders.
January 01, 2008 01:56AM
You're a self-aggrandizing idiot who couldn't handle someone disagreeing with you over something outside any kind of game setting where everyone's considered equal and treated it as an in-game dispute instead. If you're so thin-skinned you can't handle someone disagreeing with you the last place you need to be is running any kind of game because you can't separate your ego from what's required of a GM, which is impartiality and respect for others and a comprehension that gaming is for FUN, not for you to prove how great you think you are or better at the game than everyone else.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

January 01, 2008 02:00AM
Open mind and clear head isn't any problem I've got, I didn't take something that wasn't personal and make it personal so I could go 'well I sure showed HIM' for a brief moment of ego-stroking that still leaves said individual showing little if any character.

-- Peter David

January 01, 2008 02:02AM
I guess I was wrong, you're an even bigger idiot than I thought if you were telling Niniri or anyone else you felt _I_ was a potential problem, really need to check a mirror for the source of your problems.

-- Peter David

Re: Slot Not Open, btw.
January 01, 2008 02:05AM
It's pretty obvious how poor your command of game mechanics and gaming in general are to flame someone and try and accuse them of being the one being a munchkin when you're the one arguing the munchkin position and couldn't handle someone disagreeing with you regarding your overbroad interpretation of one power not even being used where it would have come into play.

-- Peter David

January 01, 2008 03:22AM
Keep disagreeing that one is less than one-point-1. It's hilarious.

I certainly hope you don't balance your checkbook the way you balance your "opinions."

-----
January 01, 2008 03:28AM
Except that I was your advocate against such opinions until the consensus was confirmed.

"Are you sure you want Nightmask in the game?" being the dominate opinion.

You flatter yourself, Nightmask. Unwarrantedly so.

-----
January 01, 2008 03:40AM
My appologies Bobby Zero, this forum is not usually filled with this type of childish bickering. It is my hope that this nonsense will not turn you away from this place, as it is a valued resource for game material. Some of which is provided by the members in this contest of ridicule.

Welcome to the Forum.

TLD
January 01, 2008 08:03AM
Guys, can you please take it to PMs? That or just drop it, for the sake of everyone else... please?

January 01, 2008 09:27AM
Y'know, this is getting way outta hand, you two. Take it offline, please?

Regards,

Niniri

Re: Ready to rock....
January 01, 2008 09:29AM
The amusement of watching you two go toe to toe has pretty much worn off. Please cease and desist and take all your problems off the public forum. Thank you.
January 01, 2008 02:02PM
I thought eliminating noise from my game would be silent. Nonetheless, I too want to get beyond pig-headed "read the rules" type arrogance born of pedantry on the boards.

Sorry for the mild disturbances.

-----
February 11, 2008 06:44PM
Just wanted to check in and see how things are going in the Purple Universe. GIve us and update man.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
February 26, 2008 06:02PM
So am I to assume that this game took a nose dive?

If someone who was involved would be willing to fill me in I'd really like that. There was so much hype about this game that I thought for sure we'd be getting constant updates on the campaign.

Thanks in advance,

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.