Weapons

Posted by Grendel Prime 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Weapons
October 24, 2007 07:40AM
Okay guys and gal here is my topic of discussion, what weapons can you think of that could kill Superman or a Superman-type? I'll throw one out to start you off. How about the Sword of Omens from the Thundercats? Questions? Comments?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2007 07:42AM by Grendel Prime.
Re: Weapons
October 24, 2007 09:38AM
-The Ultimate Nullifier

-Wolverine's Claws

-Mjolnir

-The Godslayer

-A Cosmic Cube

*-Apparently, not a mountain of Kryptonite ;)

October 24, 2007 09:49AM
Well the Sword of Omens wouldn't kill supes as it's almost sentient and won't allow itself to be weilded against someone else of noble spirit [like what happened with Hachiman]

but I'd say...

- Green or Yellow power ring
- Hammer of Thor
- Helmet of Fate
- Excalibur
- Sword of Surtur
- Black Diamond

those are just to name what's off the top of my head.

October 24, 2007 10:30AM
capocastillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well the Sword of Omens wouldn't kill supes as
> it's almost sentient and won't allow itself to be
> weilded against someone else of noble spirit

Heh, I remember that.

"What's this? The Thunderkata! It will not draw!" (:!D

October 24, 2007 10:57AM
I'll add two more to it.

The Emerald Eye of Ekron.
Persuaders Atomic Axe

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
October 24, 2007 11:07AM
Hmmmm, from what I remember of the Sword it actually doesn't/won't kill. I'm not sure of the validity of the impression but I think it'll break if you try to kill someone with it. But I haven't read the new comic line so could be that version can, since like just about everything else they've made that far darker and twisted than the original series.

As far as things that could/should kill Superman, a red sun would if you got him in close enough that it could roast him or the vacuum of space would kill him as he was depowered.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2007 11:17AM by Nightmask.
October 24, 2007 11:11AM
In the original animated series the Sword and Excalibur actually fought at one point (the Sword lost), seemed like Excalibur was way too easily duped by Mumm-Ra, although it later undid the damage it caused. Is Excalibur considered to lack a level of sentience or worthiness-determination that the Sword has to where it would let itself be used to kill someone like Superman?

What about a Purple Power Ring?

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2007 11:11AM by Nightmask.
October 24, 2007 11:15AM
The Sword of Omens got a cameo in one of the earlier issues of Gold Digger, Gina used it to find out what was happening to her adopted sister Brittany. Of course to avoid lawsuits while it looks like the sword her use of the oath was 'Sword of something or other give me sight beyond sight'. :)

-- Peter David

October 24, 2007 01:24PM
Ultimate Nullifier.
October 24, 2007 01:26PM
Doomsday:D
October 24, 2007 02:26PM
Sword of RAGNARoK

Or any magic based weapon since it is one of his major weaknesses other than a green glowing rock.

Oh, I know! David with a sling, just give him a kryptonite stone.

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2007 02:28PM by RAGNARoK.
October 24, 2007 08:59PM
me naked?

If not, the Infinity Gauntlet.

How about the Ruby of Cytorak(sp) Since magick effects Supes, wouldn't Juggernaught hand him his head???
October 24, 2007 09:02PM
Za Zen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about the Ruby of Cytorak(sp) Since magick
> effects Supes, wouldn't Juggernaught hand him his
> head???

You'd think so, but in Marvel vs DC, Superman (lamely) handed Juggernaut his @#$%&.

October 24, 2007 10:35PM
in the marvel Universe - Deaths Scyth

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.