ALL MARVEL VILLIAN DRAFT TO START SATURDAY, 10-13-07! READ THE RULES!!!!

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ALL MARVEL VILLIAN DRAFT TO START SATURDAY, 10-13-07! READ THE RULES!!!!
October 12, 2007 05:55AM
1 ) The draw for the draft will be random. We have six players. They are Taarna, Galacuts, Capo, Nightmask, Punstarr, and Harker. The draft order will be determined on draft day.

2 ) DRAFT ORDER! I will send a message to one person with a random draft order with the names of the posters, and ask someone else to call out a number from 1 to 6 on the day of the draft. We move that many slots DOWN from the called out number I emailed to another poster. Once you are assigned a number, this is when you pick! This will be the official draft order. I will post the initial random order I emailed at the start of the draft. This is how we get our position picks in the draft after the number is called out.

Round one order: 1,2,3,4,5,6

Round two order: 6,5,4,3,2,1

Round three order 3,4,5,6,1,2

Round four order 4,5,6,1,2,3

Round five order 5,6,1,2,3,4

Round six order: 6,1,2,3,4,5

Round seven order: 4,5,3,2,6,1

3 ) I post THREE draft threads.
One for the draft order, draft picks and comments on the picks. This will be a long thread!

A second for questions as to who can or can not be picked. If you're not sure, ASK when it is your turn to pick someone!
And a third thread for votes if a dispute comes up. Hopefully this will be a quiet thread. If a debate comes up, we halt the draft until the issue is resolved. Majority vote rules. In the case of a 3-3 tie, the naysayers win.

4 ) I think it's up to the team owners to pick their team. This is part of the fun. If they want The Red Skull and the Leader on the same team so be it. Green and Red heads clash. If a team picks members that will not work well together, their team will suffer in the vote at the end for best all villain team.

5 ) No gods, high level cosmic's, super monsters or demons. No Villains with any base stats over Unearthly! However a power or talent can be above Unearthly. All forms of villains can be drafted. This includes all Marvell - Robots, Aliens, negative zone's, mutants, altered humans, vampires, cyborgs, and shape shifters, ect...

6 ) No Dead people! However a " retired " villains or hero's that have become certified bad guys and are active bad guys as of 2007 can be drafted. And No, Iron Man is not a bad guy.

7 ) We will go on current stats that are on line. MANY web sites can be used. If two web sites has conflicting stats, we will go with the higher stats unless the web site is out of date and has a super powered version of the villain no longer exists. Be sure to check the web site links here for the villians!

8 ) Each team owner will have 3 days to pick. Most of us will pick quickly. If an owner has a question before picking someone I urge that he asks a question on that particular villain before he drafts him when it is his turn to draft.

9 ) We will be drafting 7 villain's per team.

10 ) In the case of a dispute, majority vote is needed to settle an issue. Tie's go to the naysayer's. No trading of picks or trades period. You keep who you draft.

11 ) I want three separate threads here to make the draft easy to read.

1 ) The actual draft itself. This will be the picks and comments on the picks.

2 ) A question thread on who can be drafted!

3 ) A vote thread if a dispute come up. This way all picks, questions, and disputes that need votes can easily be found.

12 ) Barred Villians! Let's come up with a list before the draft. This way there will be less debate as to who can be picked during the draft. The barred Villains are generally covered in rule #3, however here is a list of names of barred villains before the draft starts.

Count Neferia, and Thanos - too powerful.

Thunder bolts- ask before you draft them!

Molecule Man.

Anihilus.

Ares

Zemo

Juggernaut

Loki and the Enchantress - God rule.

13 ) After the draft is over, we will vote for the best team. Best team could mean a lot of things. I'd factor in the ability to battle, the ability to pull off a big heist, versatility, and team chemistry. Good luck!
Re: ALL MARVEL VILLIAN DRAFT TO START SATURDAY, 10-13-07! READ THE RULES!!!!
October 13, 2007 07:41AM
Are we ready? If so I will ask a poster to call out a number to set the order of the draft. I PM'd a random order to another poster.

Whatever number is called out ( 0-5 ), we count down from the random order.

How does 3PM today look for random draft order. First person to reply get's to pick the number.

I have given some thought as to who I will draft. Being bad never felt so good!
October 13, 2007 11:25AM
Sure I'll do it.

October 13, 2007 01:09PM
Lets start round one I pick number 3
October 13, 2007 02:43PM
Capo, did you get the random draft order number?
October 13, 2007 04:58PM
3 EST or PST
October 13, 2007 05:09PM
Well it's already 4pm PST... so I think we're behind schedule.

October 13, 2007 05:35PM
I am waiting for the person I send the pre-draft order to reply. Then I will count down the spots and reveal who picks first.

For whatever reason, my outbox doesn't show a message sent!
Re: DRAFT ORDER SET. FIRST PICK HAS BEEN MADE!!!!
October 13, 2007 06:44PM
" Sent to Nightmask: As of right now, this is the draft order.

Galacuts, Harker, Nightmask, Taarna, Capo, and Punstarr.

It will CHANGE when I ask someone else to call out a random number from 0-5. on draft day. Once that number is called, we count down. If zero is called, the draft order remains as above. We count Zero.
For example is #2 is called, you have the 1st pick, I have the second, Capo has the 3rd....

If #4 is called Capo has the 1st pick, Punstarr has the 2nd, Galctus has the 3rd, Harker has "

***THE NUMBER THREE WAS CALLED BY GALACTUS. **This means I lucked out and got the first pick!

The draw is as follows!
Taarna = 1

Capo= 2

Punstarr = 3

Galactus = 4

Harker = 5

Nightmask = 6.

When your number is up in a given round, it is your turn to draft!

ROUND ORDER:

Round one order: 1,2,3,4,5,6

Round two order: 6,5,4,3,2,1

Round three order 3,4,5,6,1,2

Round four order 4,5,6,1,2,3

Round five order 5,6,1,2,3,4

Round six order: 6,1,2,3,4,5

Round seven order: 4,5,3,2,6,1

With the first pick of the all Marvel Draft in round one, Taarna selects.....Doctor Doom. Capocastillo is on the clock!
Re: DRAFT ORDER SET. FIRST PICK HAS BEEN MADE!!!!
October 14, 2007 02:47PM
This is slow to Start but I guess Rome was not built in a Day.
Re: Capo picks next
October 14, 2007 04:58PM
Doom is off the board. Capo picks next.
October 15, 2007 07:54AM
Sorry everyone, I was out for most of saturday and sunday. I can confirm Taarna's draft order. If anyone needs me to I can copy the original message into the thread, just let me know.

As for my draft pick...

Magneto, the Master of Magnetism.

October 15, 2007 12:31PM
Punstarr chooses Mr Sinister.

October 15, 2007 01:59PM
Galactus 1 chooses Ultron
Re: Harker picks next
October 15, 2007 03:28PM
Harker picks next.
Re: Harker picks next
October 15, 2007 03:41PM
Since the trades have already been vetoed

Harker's draft pick will begin with the villian who will make the rest of his team better....

The Taskmaster
Nightmask's 1st and 2rd round picks
October 15, 2007 03:51PM
Given his exceptional analytical abilities and overall technical genius I go with the Mad Thinker for my first round draft pick.

With his ability to make an enemy's powers and abilities his own I go with the Super-Adaptoid as my 2nd round draft pick.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Re: Harker's 2nd round pick
October 15, 2007 04:29PM
Harker chooses the first woman to go in the draft...Selene the Black Queen
Re: Harker's 2nd round pick
October 15, 2007 04:34PM
Oooooo, scary choice. As ruthless and uncaring about human life as Ultron.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
October 15, 2007 11:14PM
just to let you know, under this format, I don't get any 1st picks in any of the rounds. Perhaps format the last round so I can get one?

Also, number 6 and 4 go first twice?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.