What power would you choose?

Posted by psiman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What power would you choose?
March 10, 2006 11:14AM
Some friends and I were having a conversation recently about this, and I was wondering what everyone's thought here would be. Here was the topic.

If you could have any 1 power at all what would you choose and why would you choose that power?

I am planning on taking the answers and turning them into a kind of campaign twist, so I appreciate all of you taking the time to answer this.

By the way, I chose Animal transformation that way I could become any animal I wanted and explore any part of the world that I wanted.
Re: What power would you choose?
March 10, 2006 12:43PM
i think this has been brought up before (course, prolly everything's been brought up several times before)...but my choice would most likely be Computer Link...the possibilities of its stunts and applications in regards to modern electronic society are staggering...and somewhat frightening...:D
March 10, 2006 12:48PM
Probability Manipulation, no doubt about it. (I'm talking about the "Good Luck" version of it, from the Player's Book)

"Say, what are the odds that a sack full of money's just going to fall outta the sky and land at my feet?"
WHUMP.
"Hmm... looks like 1 to 1..."

Let's face it, pretty much anything is possible with this power- who wouldn't want it?

I could sure use some of that luck about now... :D

Peace,

mosaic35
March 10, 2006 12:49PM
environmental adaptability,that would be my power of choice it would come in quite handy on amyriad of levels.For instance Vinnie the loan shark hires Guedo the hitman to off you,they weight you down throw you in the bay.your body analizes the threat.presto instant gills,it could work on anything.
March 10, 2006 01:26PM
If I could have any power at all -- the shapeshifting shown by Morph of the Exiles. Even if I can'y change my skin tone, it'd still be useful, and, more importantly, a heck of a lot of fun ;)

Though Forge's "technopathy" would be a very close second choice for me.
March 10, 2006 01:46PM
I am a fan of good old telepathy. If you know what everyone thinks and can read there darkest thoughts wow. To say the least you will be running the country in short time.
March 10, 2006 01:55PM
Of course the Madclergy would choose Revival of the Dead, good ol' Boys die hard.

This is my first post in a very long time, i was pulled away from the internet (unexpectedly and without my consent) for about 6months? man its been a long time, and I am just getting back into the groove of things. Had a lot of back posts to read and i wanted to comment on a lot of them but hey haven't had the chance and I have to start somewhere.

So yea, revival of the dead because I mean, if I could bring back people like Einstein and the such it would be great fun.

March 10, 2006 02:41PM
B) The molecule Mans molecular control over energy and Matter,Right some wrongs in Human History.Solve problems of Famine and War ect(tu):!)-D
Joe
March 10, 2006 02:45PM
I we talking about us being in the comic book world or the real world? And are we being heroes or villians? At least for me, that information would make a difference in what I would choose.
March 10, 2006 03:19PM
Telepathy's definitely one thing I would not want. I don't want to know what people's darkest thoughts are, since the world's dark enough as-is even with the thin veneer of civility we've got up.
March 10, 2006 04:02PM
well, I would probably chose ethereality... as it allows both invisibility and intangibility... it's pretty cool, imagine the criminal career I could have! B!)-

Or I would chose either Precognition or Total Memory... knowing the future or knowing everything...

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
March 10, 2006 04:49PM
Dr Archeville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Telepathy's definitely one thing I would not want.
> I don't want to know what people's darkest
> thoughts are, since the world's dark enough as-is
> even with the thin veneer of civility we've got
> up.

Well you have to assume you control it. So you only get the dark thoughts and deeds of the people you would want. People involved in dirty deeds that you can expose. Be ahead of the game on buisness deals, your possiblities are endless.
March 10, 2006 05:45PM
That's exactly why I don't want it! The possibilities are endless, and so is the horror you'd be experiencing. Yes, you'd decide whose mind you look into and whose you don't, but if you have no reason to suspect Mook X is this generation's John Wayne Gacey, you think all he's been doing is skiming off the collection plate at Church, and you peek in his head and see all the horrible things he's done, from his POV, then it's just as bad as knowingly looking into a mass murderer's head (if not worse, since as I said in the example you had no idea/reason to suspect and thus would not be prepared to view the horrible things).

Besides, most universes where powers are common don't allow evidence picked up via telepathic scan as admissable proof in court, so you'd still need to be doing some old-fashioned detective work to collect some physical evidence :p
March 10, 2006 06:52PM

I guess some kind of energy generation/manipulation, but being a "peak specimen" (ie. all FASE at max. human) would be fun too.
March 10, 2006 06:57PM
What horrors would you see? All you would see are voices and thougts like reading a book. I know in comics then tend to enter the whole astral plane and make these thoughts phsycial. But I am talking about reading minds and thoughts. Reading the thoughts, minds, and memories of a serial killer would not be that horrible no more so then reading a horror novel or hearing about a murder in the paper. You dont actually experience anything they did.

I like the power because it is so passive. Unlike most powers one might choose like morphing. No one needs to know you have the power. Once people know you have these amazing powers you become a target. telepathy no one would ever know and you can work behind the scenes to achieve your agenda.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2006 06:59PM by junderway.
Magickal
March 10, 2006 07:18PM
The silver surfer's power cosmic all the way. Imagine the places you could go and the things you could see. "Is there life out there?" :)
March 10, 2006 08:21PM

What horrors would you see? All you would see are voices and thougts like reading a book. I know in comics then tend to enter the whole astral plane and make these thoughts phsycial. But I am talking about reading minds and thoughts. Reading the thoughts, minds, and memories of a serial killer would not be that horrible no more so then reading a horror novel or hearing about a murder in the paper. You dont actually experience anything they did.
Says who? In Babylon 5, that's exactly what happened. Which makes sense -- people don't think just in words, they think in images as well, and your memories aren't stored in a written log in your mind, they're stored as experiences, as sensations. Reading someone's mind is not (well, rather, should not be) the same as reading a book or newspaper; it's not literal "reading."
March 10, 2006 08:51PM
The X-Men flicks, too -- when Xavier probed into Logan's mind, and when Jean probed Kurt's mind, they got images and experineces, not a written list.
Joe
March 10, 2006 09:50PM
If it was in the real world, I would want Taskmasters power. I could be the best at any sport I wanted. I could also use it to be an expert at any musical insturment. If I was to be a villian in the real world, I would want Mind Control. I could use it to control any one, including politicians to change the pass the laws you want. If I was in the comic world, I would want Power Absorption, like Rogue. They you can just absorb any other power that you want.
March 10, 2006 09:50PM

> Says who? In Babylon 5, that's exactly what
> happened. Which makes sense -- people don't think
> just in words, they think in images as well, and
> your memories aren't stored in a written log in
> your mind, they're stored as experiences, as
> sensations. Reading someone's mind is not (well,
> rather, should not be) the same as reading a book
> or newspaper; it's not literal "reading."

One if im choosing the power that's how i choose it to be. Though far more importantly TV likes to show us a dramatic effect like Babylon, THink how boring it would be if they just started doing a "book reading' out of someones head. Think of your own thoughts. WHen you sit back and think it is a running dialogue in your head. WHen you sit and think about the past can you smell it, taste it, can you even really see it? I mean your thoughts are not in color and the images are never all that detailed. So to think a mind reader would experience your past better then you can is a bit of a stretch. I see it more as just reading a book. All just my opionion of course. You do have a point though a violent book can still be disturbing.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.