Iron Man's Strength overrated

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Iron Man's Strength overrated
October 17, 2007 02:12PM
No, Doom doesn't break his word, he simply never gives it or like a Rules Lawyer goes by the letter and if you haven't plugged the holes he'll use the loopholes to escape the spirit of the agreement. Even his official write-up for the Doom boxed set makes it clear he never breaks his word.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2007 02:13PM by Nightmask.
October 17, 2007 02:14PM
As much as I love Doom, I would fully expect him to blatantly break his word in an instant if it meant finally thwarting and humiliating Richards. He hates him that much.

Re: off-topic: Civil War and Iron Man
October 17, 2007 02:20PM
You disagree that they won't take a short-cut and a quick escape for Iron Man and will do it long and drawn-out instead? I was sure I said that they wouldn't drag things out and would look for some quick and easy escape (perhaps similar to what you list) instead. The army idea is flawed though considering past alien invasions, including the Kree-Skrull war, has had the heroes warning everyone and being up front and honest about it rather than skulking around and engaging in morally bankrupt schemes to deal with the threat. The idea of Cap being 'collateral damage' or victim of 'friendly fire' is abhorent as well, because if your efforts to do something good and noble treat human life as so disposable for the overall 'good' then it's not good at all.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

October 17, 2007 02:23PM
I don't believe it, not when he's left Richards and the FF alive in the past because doing otherwise would violate his given word. If winning means breaking his word he considers that totally unacceptable and also means anyone who gives their word to him and proves an oath-breaker can expect terrible retribution from Doom as soon as he may arrange it in order to satisfy his definition of honor.

-- Peter David

October 17, 2007 02:37PM
But he has broken his word. Besides that, Doom's definition of honor says nothing of what the rest of humanity consideres honorable.

Re: off-topic: Civil War and Iron Man
October 17, 2007 02:54PM
Well the Kree-Skrull War is why there's an illuminati.

But as the one-shot illustrated, various hero factions don't trust each other or one another's methods wholecloth. And if we take a scenario where Stark is the only one who knows the skrulls have had sleeper agents on earth for years and years, and there's no way to tell who you can trust, an honesty policy, if only even restricted to the illuminati, who any of which could also be spies, is a sure way to find yourself assassinated. Especially as the information shared trickles down to the factions that various illuminati members represent.

October 17, 2007 11:47PM
I have to tell you Tetragrammaton, looking at the Advanced iron montage site, you have reminded me why I've always liked IRONMAN and knew he is a cool and very INTERESTING Marvel character!

Much more interesting in my opinion than comic characters like Hulk, Superman, Wonder Woman, Thor and Spawn ( and many others ).

Bravo. Thanks for the reminder.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.