DCAU Superman

Posted by Raptor-22 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DCAU Superman
April 28, 2006 11:03AM
I've been DVRing the DC Animated Universe series, in an effort to make a DCAU setting for a MSH campaign. I found a section devoted to this in Ben Reily's excellent webpage, and an older thread here by Castle-Bravo and am trying to incorporate the reduced power levels on the shows with the detailed powers the more formal profiles use. I think Superman works as a high end benchmark on the series and am posting my take on him here for your comments:

Superman

Clark Kent/Kal-El

F:Rm(30)*
A:Mn(75)*
S:Un(100)**
E:Un(100)
R:Ex(20)
I:Rm(30)
P:In(40)

Health: 305
Resources: Rm/Unearthly with JL
Popularity: +100/+5 as Clark

Known Powers:
Kryptonian Physiology: CL3000 Solar Absorption and Storage that provides Superman with the Agility, Strength, and Endurance Ranks listed under statistics. He also uses this energy to recover lost Endurance Ranks, though he does not have a Healing Factor. Recovery: Superman's body continues absorbing solar radiation even after death. This energy may eventually return him to life making it virtually impossible to kill him.

Invunability: Class-1000 to Heat, Cold, Corrosives, Toxins, and Radiation.

Body Resistance: Amazing (50) protection form from energy & physical attacks.

Hyper Breath: Amazing intensity cold winds for 1 area.

Enhanced Hearing: Unearthly
Telescopic Vision: Good (10 x else,) 2,500 miles
Microscopic Vision: Amazing, can see molecules.
Penetration Vision: Unearthly, except for lead.

**Heat Emission: Amazing (50) energy, for 10 areas, may boost to Un (100).

**True Flight: Unearthly 600 MPH, may boost up to Shift-Y 1,500 MPH airspeed.

**Hyper-Speed: Unearthly ability to perform any action (combat or non).
-May substitute for Fighting for evading and multiple attacks (up to 5).
-May substitute for Agility for dodging and catching projectiles.
-May reach maximum speed in 1 round and can make high speed turns in flight or running, and can make sudden stops without penalties.
-Hyper-Digging/Hyper-Running: Un 150 MPH may boost to Sh-Y 210 MPH

Power Boost**: Superman may direct his body's energies into his Strength, Flight Heat Emission, or Speed, raising them as high as +2CS. It is an instantaneous boost and will be used when the challenge calls for it. He can boost immediately to +2CS if he needs too. To activate an increase he must make a Psyche FEAT. For +1CS Blue =White result, for +2CS, Blue result he drops -1CS with that power for the day. White result he drops back to normal levels. Green result sustains heightened rank for 1 round. Yellow result keeps him at his heightened ranks for 1d10 turns. Red result would keep him at the new level for 1d100 turns.

Weakness:
Kryptonite: Exposure (same area) to Kryptonite radiation causes Superman to lose all his powers at -1CS per round. He also loses 1 rank of Strength and Endurance (with its loss of Health) per round until death occurs at Shift-0 Endurance. Removal of the Green Kryptonite enables Superman's body to regain lost ranks at a rate of one per round.

Vulnerable to Magic: directly affect Superman ignoring any resistances or invulnerabilities. Further more any magical effect is increased +1CS in duration on him.
Limitation-Solar Energy: All his powers are based from solar energy of a yellow sun. If Superman is put on a world with a different color sun, the level of his powers gradually drops -1 CS every hour until they are no more (S,A & E to Ex).

Life Sustenance: Un (100) Superman needs an Earth like atmosphere to breath in. His Endurance enables him to last for extended period holding his breath, but in space he will eventually need a space suit. His greater constitution provides little need for sleep, however eventually he will tire and require rest.

Equipment: space, diving, & kryptonite shielding suits (Rm), FTL craft, Fortress.

Talents: Martial Arts B (+1 CS Fighting unarmed to Incredible), Leadership, Astro-Navigation, Journalism, Languages (several Human Languages and some Alien including Kryptonian), Kryptonian Lore and Technology, Computers, Resist Mental Domination (defense as Psion +1CS Psyche to Amazing)

Contacts: Lois Lane, Daily Planet, Martha Kent, Jonathan Kent, Batman/Bruce Wayne, Justice League, Lana Lang, Metropolis SCU, S.T.A.R. Labs, Professor Emil Hamilton
Re: DCAU Superman
April 28, 2006 01:55PM
I like mine it's a bit more under powered than the one on here and keeps the same flavor of the comics.

Superman
Kal-El, Clark Kent
F: Rm/30
A: Am/50
S: Sh X/150
E: Un/100
R: Ex/20
I: Am/50
P: In/40
Health: 330
Resources: Un/100 as JLA member
Popularity: 100
Powers:
Invulnerabilities: like all Eternals, Superman has several invulnerabilities.
* Invulnerability: Am/50 resistance to all attacks
* Cold, Radiation, Toxins & Disease: CL 1000
* Life Support: CL 1000, Superman has no need to eat or breath while exposed to an abundant source of cosmic energy like our sun.

Cosmic Energy Manipulation: Kryptonians can channel cosmic energy like any other Eternal. Superman has developed several power stunts.
* Hyper-hearing: Rm/30
* Heat Vision: Am/50
* Microscopic Vision: Am/50
* Telescopic Vision: In/40
* Thermal Vision: In/40
* Penetration Vision: In/40
* Hyper-speed: In/40

Psionics: The Kryptonian Mind possesses several powers common amongst Eternals.
* Flight: ShX/150
* Total Memory: Mn/75

Weakness:
* Kryptonite: Superman is vulnerable to Krytonite an irradiated ore from the planet of Krypton. He is powered by a particular wavelength of cosmic energy, which happens to be rather abundant in our sun. Kryptonite either destroys or interrupts this because it's radiation is in a wavelength, which is similar to sunlight, but causes a different process to occur. In other words, the kryptonite radiation "chases out" the sunlight. It causes his body's cells to deteriorate, similar to radiation poisoning in a human being. Exposure to Kryptonite causes Superman to lose all his powers at -1CS per round. He also loses 1 rank of Strength and Endurance (with its loss of Health) per round until death occurs at Shift-0 Endurance. Removal of the Green Kryptonite enables Superman's body to regain lost ranks at a rate of one per round.

* Red Sun Radiation: The planet Krypton Orbited a red giant, this kind of sun produces a specific frequency of radiation that negates the cosmic energy from a yellow sun. Exposure to radiation from a red star causes complete negation of Kryptonians powers. They return at a rate of 1CS per round following a round of exposure to yellow sun radiation.

* Magic Vulnerability: Superman takes full damage from all attacks by spell, magical creatures, or objects, regardless of invulnerabilities or resistances.

Talents: Journalism; Leadership; Kryptonian Science

Contacts: Batman, Steel, Superboy, Supergirl, JLA, Wonder Woman
-------------------------------

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
April 28, 2006 10:43PM
I like your write up very much. However, if you want friendly criticism, I would give Animated Superman the Body Armor power instead of physical resistance. The reason being is that Animated Superman seems to have a pretty good resistance to punches, kicks, and that sort of thing...but he tends to really get bashed about by energy (especially electrical types.). In the Advanced players handbook, the Body Armor power gives the character rank protection against punch/kick type attacks...but a slightly lower resistance against energy type attacks (like -20 points or or something.) I think Animated Superman would have monstrous or amazing Body Armor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2006 10:43PM by Goldenbane.
April 29, 2006 08:00AM
Thanks for the feedback. In the animation he does get slammed /stunned by physical attacks, and does react to electrical attacks even seeing his skeleton like Palapatine's force lightning. I figure Martial Arts A + D can account for weaker characters making the occasional slam or stun with a quick recovery.

The body armor angle is interesting. As a measure, the DCAU version of Livewire I'm using normally deals In(40) Energy at range, Mn (75) on touch, and with a source Am(50) or with a yellow/red Endurance FEAT a ranged attack of Mn(75)/Un(100). If I keep the Body Resistance of AM(50) he can ignore her standard ranged attacks but can take damage from her touch or up-powered ranged attacks. Mn (75) Body Arnor would still accomplish a (45) resistance to energy that still resist her base attacks, while Am (50) armor defends energy at Rm(30) and he should react to every attack of hers that connects. I'll have to watch again to see if he takes some of her attacks without effect?

I'm thinking his Heat emission vision must be less poerful than his physical attack but is more likely to hit his target. The only time this seemed off was when the Justice Lrd Superman lobotomized Doomday with one concentrated blast to the forehead, who I figure must have considerable body armor but have not yet stated for DCAU.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.