One-player, one-judge scenarios?

Posted by drchrisheard 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
One-player, one-judge scenarios?
December 08, 2007 10:57PM
Hello all! I just discovered this site a couple of days ago, and I'm thrilled. My 9-year-old son and I have recently been playing HeroClix, and he's getting interested in a superhero RP experience. I originally thought about Mutants & Masterminds, but since MSH has so many Marvel heroes statted out, and this site keeps 'em updated and adds DC heroes as well, I think I'm going with MSH.

Gotta question, though. Anybody designed any 1-character scenarios you'd like to share, or know where some might be posted on the web (including this site, under some arcane menu choice)? I think my son and I would be better off if he just played a single character for a while, probably Spider-Man. Suggestions?
Re: One-player, one-judge scenarios?
December 10, 2007 03:55AM
You ought to download the "Deluxe City Campaign Set" and the "Gang Wars Trilogy" from this site in the "Other Stuff" dropdown menu across the top. Especially for solo characters like Spider-Man or Batman.

You can always re-invigorate these old favorites by replacing villains with different or updated villains, as some of these campaigns are almost 20 years old.

Hero Clix figurines may be too large to use with the old maps though.

Hope this helped.
December 10, 2007 10:11AM
I run a one person game pretty regularly. The game is one of my longest running ever going for about 3 years now.

It started out as an Xavier Academy story. but as time has gone on, the character went on as a street level solo hero, to becoming an Avenger, and now leads her own Avengers team.

On the downside i'm swamped with running NPC's [currently I don't let there be more than 5 additional members to her team because I'd go crazy otherwise]. Starting out, the character was a student, and had NPC leaders for a while, til the player became more comfortable taking charge. At first, i'd have to have NPC's come up with a lot of the revelations, as the player wasn't used to taking initiative, but as time went on, i slowly began removing crutches one after another, until the char was able to form her own team and take charge.

Currently she runs a West Coast Avengers team in a world where only certain states rattified the Superhuman Registration Act. New York went Pro Reg, but California went Anti. She decided to give up fighting a losing battle against the Reg in New York, and started her own Avengers team on the West Coast. My current Storyline is Nimrod having infiltrated the government and attempting to make the Initiative seem incompetant, and getting Congress to adopt Project: Wideawake instead with the aim of wiping out Superhumans.

December 10, 2007 08:22PM
I have a couple of Scenerios on one of my old sites that may be handy.

[www.fadge.faithweb.com]

go to New Characters and then to

Scenarios
Blue Gue Factory
or
AI Gone Awry

hope you like them.

They were for Multiple characters but you could quite easily adapt them for a single character.

regards
Fangs

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.