Grifter

Posted by Merager 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Grifter
February 05, 2008 03:38PM
I am wondering if anyone would have any updated stats for the Character Grifter. Please and thanks.
Re: Grifter
February 11, 2008 03:56PM
Allrighty, since I didnt get any replies, I thought I would take a stab at his sheet myself. If anyone happens to Know Grifter better than I do. Which I admit isnt to well, only what I have read recently, then please toss in your two cents.

Grifter
Cole Cash

F) In40
A) In40
S) Ex20
E) Rm30
R) Ex20
I) Rm30
P) Ex20

Health: 130 Karma: 60
Resources: Gd Pop: 0

Known Powers:
Regeneration: Am
Recovery: Am

Telepathy:Ex
Able to Communicate Telepathically
Telekenesis: Ex
Force Field: Ex
Force Blast: Ex

Coda Training: If fighting alongside other people with coda training
Fighting and Agility are increased by 1CS for every 2 persons
present with Coda Training. Health is not increased.

Equipment:
Although skilled in the Coda ways, Grifter has developed
his marksman skills more.
-VAD PP30s: Grifter personal handgun, Grifter always carries two but
he had access to more. He can shoot with both his hands in a round.
He has an additional +1CS with the VAD PP30s and inflicts 20 damage
and armor is reduced by 2 ranks.
Body Armor: Gd vs. Physical and Energy
Guns: various guns for up to In damage but he has access to greater damage weapons and all kind of ammo.

Talents: Martial Arts A,B,C,D,E, Military, Sharp Weapons, Thrown Weapons, Marksmanship, Guns, Detective/Espionage, Weapon Master: Guns, Coda Training, Escape Artist
February 11, 2008 04:27PM
Must have missed this initially... Hrm...

well, here's Ben Reilly's take on Grifter:

[52multiverse.angelfire.com]

and this page has Vlemming's old take on Grifter, along with the other WildCATs (might be the ones Ben used):

[web.archive.org]

and www.writeups.org has a DC Heroes based writeup for Grifter, IIRC...

I'll have to hunt about for the WildCATS writeups Niniri once did, since the Search function's not being cooperative right now..

Quack, damn you...
February 11, 2008 04:52PM
Thanks, the reason I had changed some of those was because in the realaunch he has actually been able to read minds and preform some telekenetic feats.
February 11, 2008 05:01PM
Sorry I can't find more up to date info to help you out with.

However, the writeup for him at www.writeups.org makes mention that his psi abilities seemed to include a bit of Life Detection (possibly detecting humans only) at perhaps EX rank, and possibly Resistance to Mental Attacks, as well as perhaps a bit of Iron Will type ability of about EX rank as well...

it also mentions that his mask apparently supplies him with Thermal Vision (roughly EX rank), as well as the mask being saturated with an explosive compound, enabling it to be rolled up and used as an explosive charge (GD-EX damage) with an appropriate detonator...

Hope some of that can help.

Quack, damn you...
February 11, 2008 05:05PM
Actually yes, thanks very much.. just kind of a project I am working on. Cause well I allways thought the character was cool.
February 11, 2008 05:09PM
Interesting trick with the mask I must say. There's a character in the Schlock Mercenary webcomic who urinates a molecular acid and can produce a few other natural weapons due to some unique nanites and other features of his prototype cyborg physiology. Always helpful having such concealed weapons, never know when you'll need them.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.