Question: What should Warpath's Strength be?

Posted by The Last Duskblade 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question: What should Warpath's Strength be?
January 23, 2008 02:46AM
His Strength listed as Monstrous. That got me wondering what he has done to put him in that class of Strength. Also if he can do Monstrous damage striking with his bare hands, why would he use those knives which do only Amazing damage.

While I understand the difference between a blunt attack and an edged attack, it is 25 points of damage we're talking about.

I'll admit that I don't know anything about this character. Which is why I was reading up on him.

The stats I'm talking about were taken off Ben Reily's site (which I am obsessed with), listed under the X-Men.

Anyone want to take a stab at this one?

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
Re: Question: What should Warpath's Strength be?
January 23, 2008 08:18AM
His Monsterous strength is legit. he hit Iron Man one time in Contest of Champions 2 and Iron Man's systems were all going screwey from the damage.

He uses those blades because they're lethal. They also cut through a bunch of tough crap. Since he's been fighting Sentinels, Androids, and Shi'Ar in Power Aromor, having something that slices through robo apendages is a boon.

January 23, 2008 09:58AM
Also the blades are some sort of Vibranium alloy. This may or may not be the "anti-metal" version that seems to be flaunted a lot these days, but it can slice through metal stuff all the more easily.

When James Proudstar got his start, he had strength comparable to his dead brothers--somewhere between Remarkable and Incredible. While in X-Force, he got a huge power-up, mostly because the team needed a strong guy.

The writers explained that he was "still developing into his powers" and noted his strength rivaled a young Colossus, plus he was super-fast and had enhanced senses.

He was able to fly, but that was only during a couple issues of the Pete Wisdom reboot of X-Force that no one likes to talk about. He hasn't been seen capable of flying since, and nothing in those stories actually denoted that he was doing it under his own power, so maybe it was some super-spy device thing from Wisdom.

Hope this helps.

WolfSpider 2008!
January 23, 2008 05:45PM
When you say he got a huge power up, do you mean in the story, or did the writer just start having him do crazier stuff?

Blade that can cut through metal are good for fighting sentinels for sure. Good point. With those stats being accurate, he is quite the powerhouse.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
January 23, 2008 09:14PM
I mean, he went from lifting 2-3 tons with effort to benching 75-80 tons. That's a boost of somewhere between 2500 and 4000 per cent! This pretty much happened at the tail end of New Mutants, as Rob Liefeld needed a strong guy for X-Force and recruited James Proudstar, who gained this sudden eruption of strength off-panel.

If y'all remember, they did the same thing to Captain Britain. He was only able to lift a couple tons in his early career, but not can bench press the British Isle himself.

They also retconned Brian Braddock into a mutant, when he was indeed of a mystical origin when he started.

WolfSpider 2008!
January 24, 2008 07:53AM
Captain Britain still has a very mystical element to his character. As we saw with the introduction of Captain Britain 2/Lionheart, he still is a transdimensional whatever he is of England or something. And him being retconned into a mutant.... I'll have to research that, because i've seen fairly recent mentions of his mystical artifacts as well as his magic powered suit.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.