Medallion Battle Suit

Posted by silver spectre 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Medallion Battle Suit
January 19, 2008 09:45PM
Medallion Battle Suit
The Control Medallions are grafted onto the recipient's skeleton at the chest (1), hips (1 each), spine (1 upper and 1 lower), outer ankles (1 each), and the shoulder blades (1 each). These medallions can manifest a number of powers. When activated the medallions generate a high-tech suit of powered armor around his body. Each medallion is approximately one inch in diameter, 3/8ths of an inch thick, weighs 30 ounces, non-metallic, matte black in color, and is of In material strength before being grafted. After grafting the medallions and filaments are effectively additional body parts of the recipient.

The grafting process is extremely painful. The medallions are placed on the appropriate areas of the recipient’s body. When activated by a Rm or better electrical charge, they exude molecule thin tendrils into the soft tissue and skeleton of the recipient. These tendrils separate flesh and burrow into bone during the grafting process. These tendrils use the material that is moved during grafting to create more material for the armor and to strengthen the skeleton so that the process does not weaken the bone. At the end of the process the tendrils are housed in the medallions (which are visible unless deliberately concealed) and within the hollow spaces (original and tendril created) of the skeleton.

The entire process takes about three hours for an average human male. This time frame can be increased or decreased depending on the size of the individual. If the individual has a completely different biology (say silicon or cobalt based) the process takes twice as long (still considering size as well) and will kill the recipient unless they succeed on a yellow or red Endurance feat.

This armor is keyed to the recipient’s neuro-chemical state during the grafting process. This means that the recipient can only control the suit when his mental state is the same as when the grafting process occurred. This mental state reading is not tuned to the point where the recipient must be in the same mood as when the armor was grafting, but rather to the point where it is detects significant alteration. For example: if the recipient is under some form of mental control or in a form of drugged state, then he will only be able to control the armor when under the same mental control or in the same drugged state.

The reason, besides expense, this armor is not more common is simply that the only drugs strong enough to inhibit the pain of the grafting process also alter the recipient’s neuro-chemical state (so getting drunk or bombed doesn’t really help). Powers that are natural to the recipient (with the notable exceptions of Alter-Ego and the Changling body type) are not considered to alter the recipient’s nuero-chemical state.

The pain is great enough to affect sanity in some individuals. The recipient must make a successful Gd intensity Psyche FEAT or suffer the effect of a minor mental illness. (I like the negative mental quirks for this, but the weakness section of the UPB works too.)

The recipient gains the following powers when the armor is activated.
-Armor Skin: Gd protection versus physical, force, sonic, and vibration attacks only. No protection from other forms of attack.

-Light Absorption: Un ability to absorb light energy. This is done automatically on a negligible scale to power the suit. The wearer can also consciously direct the suit to absorb light. The suit turns completely black when this command is given. The wearer must direct the suit to function at this higher level of absorption and he must direct it to stop. Other than providing near immunity to light based attacks the wearer receives no other benefits from this higher rate of absorption.

- Nano-molecuar Fabric: The costume is made of nano-molecular fibers that the wearer can change to take on nearly any appearance he can envision. Appearance changes are limited to the armor only. It can be made to appear as any form of clothing or armor (including pockets and worn containers). The wearer can make no changes to his own appearance other than what is possible with clothing.

-Blending: Rm blending. A good power stunt is to make the medallions blend with the wearer’s skin when the armor is retracted.

-Air Supply: Am Self Sustenance. The armor recycles air indefinitely. The breathing orifices of the recipient must be covered for this to work.

- Climbing: Am Wall Crawling. By extending molecule thin tendrils from the contacting parts of the armor the wearer can climb almost any surface that will support his weight.
Re: Medallion Battle Suit
January 23, 2008 01:23PM
So what's this from exactly? Afraid I don't recognize it, or is it a personal idea? Looks interesting though.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
January 23, 2008 09:59PM
It's my own creation. I got the idea primarily from the venom symbiote. I was going for something that was not overly powerful on its own. Since it becomes a part of the character I couldn't see putting it out there without there being a cost, and I like the idea of the cost being more than just some Karma and a few rolls.

In the hands of a smart player it can do a great deal.
January 24, 2008 05:41AM
Ahhh, okay, that's good. Just a minor note that custom items are better posted in the Your Favorites section, as it's meant for your custom ideas. This forum's for attempts to model existing characters from movies, books, TV, etc. Not a criticism mind you, just makes it easier for someone to find your custom ideas if they're in the forum for them (ended up quite embarrassed myself once trying to find one of my posts because it wasn't in the forum I thought it was).

Thanks for this nice contribution and keep them coming. :)

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.