Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game to Marvel Super Heroes RPG

Posted by soldier4thclass 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game to Marvel Super Heroes RPG
January 06, 2008 06:28AM
I've never seen anyone use the "updates" from the MSHAG for the MSHRPG. Maybe people just aren't aware of it, or they dont care, but here are some changes made to characters when the newer system came out.

Spider-man:Agility is Monsterous formerly Amazing/Spider Sense now Unearthly formerly Amazing

Silver Surfer: Agility Shift X/Psyche Amazing/ Cosmic Energy Control and Cosmic Awareness is Shift Y/

Hulk/The Proffesor:Reason is Remarkable

Dr.Doom: Strength is Incredible/

IRONMAN: Mark VIII armor:Repulsor Rays Monsterous formerly Amazing

Well these are all I could think of anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2008 06:30AM by soldier4thclass.
Re: Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game to Marvel Super Heroes RPG
January 07, 2008 08:36AM
I think Banner's Reason has been demonstrated as being closer to Incredible in the comics in more recent years, which would carry over to the merged and professor versions. I think he's had his skill-set expanded considerably as well given the engineering, computers, and electronics skills he's shown. If his supposedly reconstructing the Super-Adaptoid to have access to everyone's powers he ever scanned is still continuity he's apparently got some talent with android construction and tinkering as well.

As far as why some might not be using more recent write-ups, they might just prefer to set their games earlier in continuity, as many have a particular time period that they favor or don't want to acknowledge events with a particular character or characters that they feel offends their beliefs in how the character should be handled.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 08:40AM by Nightmask.
January 07, 2008 10:46AM
That's true for me as well.

I like to use pre-onslaught 1996 stats amd comic continuity.

Would be interesting though to run an early Marvel 1964 campaign when the FF and Spiderman were a lot weaker then they are now.

Or even a pre-FF#1 1940's- 1950's campaign with Golden Age heroes and villains.
January 07, 2008 03:00PM
Plus the occasional remake of the classic 'hero fights future self, mistaking his future self as being part of an ongoing or recently finished villain plot featuring duplicates or other means of image reproduction'. The future self always wins of course 'sure he was tough but I know all the moves I had then and how to defeat them, plus I've matured and grown more powerful and skilled with my powers' but still makes for a great story if handled right.

The earlier version of the Thing just requires more modification than most though for that time period, his Strength was just in the Remarkable range at the time (his listed press for the time was just 5 tons). He's undergone vast growth in his Strength and to a lesser degree his Body Resistance and general physical Endurance.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 03:08PM by Nightmask.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.