Character discussion: Bella Donna Bordreaux

Posted by capocastillo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Character discussion: Bella Donna Bordreaux
November 25, 2007 02:42PM
hey list,

I was wondering if maybe one of you more stat building minded types, if you could give me as extensive as possible a write-up on Bella Donna?

To refresh your memory, she was he wife of Gambit, and leader of the Assassins Guild of New Orleans. She'd later move on to being the Viceroy of the Unified Guilds of New Orleans.

Every write of her I've seen seems incomplete. She seemed to have mystic and/or psionic abilities, and was decidedly not a mutant. However, her powers seemed ill defined.

If any of you stat builders out thereare up to the task, I'd be most appreciative.

Re: Character discussion: Bella Donna Bordreaux
November 25, 2007 05:59PM
Ben's site has a stat writeup on her:

[www.angelfire.com]

Something to start from at least..

Quack, damn you...
November 25, 2007 08:35PM
yeah I did see this write up, but I didn't feel it really captured everything she's capable of, like when she astrally contacted Ghost Rider.

Anyone feel like taking a stab?

November 25, 2007 09:12PM
I would but I just haven't seen much beyond a few issues that included her and they didn't cover her using her powers or discussing them. Maybe Niniri's seen enough about her to do a write-up on her.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
November 25, 2007 09:23PM
Well, I wrote those stats up using the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe. I just looked back and noticed I forgot the psychic abilities, but they don't go into too much detail.

Ben

"Oh, it's Waffle Time, it's Waffle Time, Won't you have some Waffles of mine!"
November 27, 2007 05:29PM
She appeared to have mystical abilities in addition to psionic, so she could have been tutored in the local forms of magic, to some extent.

I'd hazard that they'd be at the same rank as her mysterious psionic abilities.

Cheers,

Niniri

November 28, 2007 08:43AM
I seem to remember the same thing. However I only ever really paid attention to the X-Men/Ghost Rider arc in which she first appeared. I seem to recall that she overtly stated her powers were based on magic [which may be where Reily's force/energy blast power comes into play], but i also remember her astrally assisting psylocke by removing the brood from GR.

But i haven't read enough of her appearances to feel accurate modelling the character. I was planning on using her in an upcoming gaming arc, and if anyone would like to take a stab at doing a revamp of her, it'd be appreciated.

November 28, 2007 06:29PM
Hey, Capo, I can't do her justices w/o being able to re-read all her
appearances, I didn't read anything in the Gambit series and stuff.

So, I can't really feel good about any stats I might put out...

Regards,

Niniri

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.