Stats for Superboy Prime and Ion(Sodam Yat)

Posted by kingpin100 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Stats for Superboy Prime and Ion(Sodam Yat)
November 18, 2007 08:41PM
What are their stats for their upcoming fight?
Thanks
Re: Stats for Superboy Prime and Ion(Sodam Yat)
November 19, 2007 05:32AM
Ion II [www.angelfire.com]

Superboy Prime [www.angelfire.com]

You can also check out the Sinestro Corps [www.angelfire.com]

Hope that helps out

"Oh, it's Waffle Time, it's Waffle Time, Won't you have some Waffles of mine!"
November 19, 2007 09:12AM
As a few corrections on Superboy Prime, his Reason should be higher, to be similar to the super-intelligence of the Silver-age Superman he is patterned after, and include some engineering/scientific talents as he did create that battlesuit that keeps him constantly empowered with yellow solar radiation. Also his Krypton didn't explode and was destroyed by its red sun going super-nova so no Kryptonite was ever formed in his reality to be a threat to him.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
November 19, 2007 04:54PM
I understand the Kryptonite thing, but I dunno about raising his Reason that high. I found this on Wikipedia:

While imprisoned by the Flashes on an alternate Earth,[20] Superman-Prime builds a power suit based on the one worn by the Anti-Monitor, which collects and feeds him yellow solar energy, to maintain his power levels even when exposed to a red sun. Although he claims to have made it himself, Bart Allen remembers him stealing it following his escape. It is destroyed when the two Supermen fly Superman-Prime through Krypton's red sun. After his escape from Oa, Superman-Prime is given a new power suit built by the Sinestro Corps and reveals he created the original after seeing how the Anti-Monitor's armor acted as a giant energy collector.

Ben Riely

"Oh, it's Waffle Time, it's Waffle Time, Won't you have some Waffles of mine!"
November 19, 2007 05:20PM
That's still an example of an exceptional Reason though, to simply look at the anti-monitor's armor and reverse-engineer it to create a suit of armor to ensure he always had yellow sun energy to remain at full power even in a red sun's environment. As far as Bart's memories go, you would have to ask who created the suit for then Superboy-Prime to steal that just happened to ressemble the Anti-Monitor's armor AND be just perfect for his needs? Outside of Kryptonians and Daxamites, of which few exist, who would create such a suit and why? Other than one female character in DC I can think of no one else who runs on yellow sunlight in the DC universe and Kal-El and the others have never been shown to create such a suit (although admittedly it's a reasonable and intelligent idea never used in the past most likely because the idea of him wearing armor just isn't Superman, and would just remove one more vulnerability that writers could use to emperil him and create dramatic tension). It just seems more reasonable that Superman Prime is the creator of the suit and has the Reason to do so. Since he's patterened after the Silver-Age Superman he's more than old enough at this point to remember the super-science of his people, since Total Memory and Hyper-Intelligence were part of his powers in those days.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 19, 2007 05:48PM
Oh, otherwise the stats seem fairly good, although I think Superman Prime is more Doomsday level of physical power and durability (Shift Z Strength and Endurance), and his Flight speed is around CL5000 considering the ease with which he took off to fly out and attack Oa. He also seemed to retain physical strength under a red sun that exceeded that of both the Golden Age Superman and the Modern age Superman (he did after all beat the older Superman to death and almost defeated Superman-Modern as well).

-- Peter David

November 19, 2007 11:13PM
No idea about the character, but I thought you might enjoy that he got referenced in a recent webcomic.

November 20, 2007 11:57AM
on a similar note... Poor poor Risk. He'll be the new Cyborg for the Titans East soon enough.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.