What is the best human stat?

Posted by Taarna 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What is the best human stat?
November 04, 2007 06:12AM
The max human stats are:

F: Amazing
A: Incredible
S: Excellent
E: Remarkable
R: Amazing
I: Amazing
P: Amazing

So according to marvel, a human has a possible 4 Amazing base stats.

Let's say we can use single numbers to describe abilities. Example 49,50,51,52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, ect..... All of these numbers would fall into the " amazing category "

Which human Ability do you think is the highest number?

Fighting?

Reason?

Intitution?

Psyche?

I would rule Intuition out. Humans don't see, taste, hear, smell, or fell all that well. We have no radar sense, or sonar sense. We rely on machines to tell us things. Perhaps some have a 6th sense, but Amazing ranks for humans on Intuition seems like a gift ranks. If I were the author, it would be no higher than Incredible, or say the number 45.

So what rank is the highest for normal humans? Here's one vote for reason. Splitting the atom, developing a nuclear explosion, putting men on the moon, and using genetic enhancements points to reason being the highest max for Humans.

What is your pick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2007 06:19AM by Taarna.
Re: What is the best human stat?
November 04, 2007 09:08AM
I would have to say that a person's Psyche would be the highest. There are people who never give up on their dreams even after some devistating events and drawbacks.

Also, the human maximum of Reason is Remarkable, not Amazing. If people could have Amazing Reason, we'd have got to Mars thirty years ago.
November 04, 2007 09:20AM
I thought max human reason was Amazing?
November 04, 2007 11:17AM
Max for comic book normal humans, otherwise Tony Stark, Dr. Doom, and Reed Richards wouldn't have had the stats that they do (Incredible, Amazing, and Amazing respectively). Banner's likely Incredible as well, and the thing that's kept us from being on Mars now hasn't been a lack of human with high reasons, it's been a lack of financial committment and drive to succeed, like we had when we did our moon missions. If that hadn't been allowed to end up in the dumpsters decades ago and we'd kept a steady drive towards exploiting space we'd have a permanent moon colony by now and likely some manned probes off to Mars, if not some pre-fab colony work going on.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
November 05, 2007 03:34PM
Anyone else want to speak up on this topic?
November 11, 2007 06:16PM
Yes, Amz is the max human reason. For example, Albert Einstein's write up in one of the modules is AMZ. Not everything about reason is based on invention. It's also based on theoretical knowledge. Sometimes knowing how something can be done or why it could not be done is more important than doing it. I would also like to point out that if Marvel comics were printed 100 years ago, things like building an A bomb or constructing the internet would seem like sci-fi. amz is the human max.

Also, UNE is the human max for Psyche. Dr Strange is completely human. he is not a mutant or an nduced mutant. Through training, you can have UNE psyche.
November 12, 2007 07:19AM
In the Advanced Set - Player's Book, Doctor Strange is referred to as an Altered Human. I've always thought that his exposure to magical forces was the only way he could have achieved a Psyche that high. Also, in the Civil War story Reed Richards refers to Dr. Strange as a Post Human.

For what it's worth.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
November 12, 2007 10:03AM
Considering Magic is considered something all humans can learn with practice (Albeit many lack the inclination, belief, and Psyche to do any good at it), I don't see use of magic and training in that kind of focus makes one any less a normal human than someone who intensively trains to max out one or more of their FASE. Dr. Strange just has more extensive training in his Psyche than anyone else, and as far as referring to him as a post-human goes, well those out to treat all those with special abilities as slaves to chain or lock up of course they're going to declare he can't be a 'normal' human because he uses magic, even if most of those normal humans could use it themselves with some training.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

November 12, 2007 12:28PM
Actually, as per the Advanced Players Guide, the only people who can learn magic are those who take mystic origin as a talent. So without that, most humans wouldn't be able to wrap their minds around the intricacies of magic.

November 12, 2007 02:41PM
Good point on the Mystic Origin.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
November 12, 2007 02:43PM
From the Advanced Set - Player's Book:

Altered Humans: Altered Humans are everyday people like you and me (well me anyway) who have been accidentally or purposefully exposed to weird radiation, secret formulas, or chose to be instructed in strange and powerful talents. The Fantastic Four, Hulk, Nick Fury and Doctor Strange are examples of altered humans.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!
November 12, 2007 06:16PM
So how do you explain the Ancient One and his Class 5000 Psyche? Are humans capable of such a level? Ascended or not, he's just human.

November 12, 2007 08:11PM
According to the Supreme Intelligence, all humans have psyche of lmitless potential. Therefore, SI could tap into Rick Jones' psyche and access CL1000-CL3000 level powers but Rick Jones doesn't have tat high a Psyche.
November 12, 2007 08:17PM
According to the Supreme Intelligence, all humans have psyche of limitless potential. Therefore, SI could tap into Rick Jones' psyche and access CL1000-CL3000 level powers but Rick Jones doesn't have htat high a Psyche.
November 13, 2007 04:38AM
The Last Duskblade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the Advanced Set - Player's Book, Doctor
> Strange is referred to as an Altered Human. I've
> always thought that his exposure to magical forces
> was the only way he could have achieved a Psyche
> that high. Also, in the Civil War story Reed
> Richards refers to Dr. Strange as a Post Human.
>
> For what it's worth.

This is how I See it. A master magic user psyche is enhanced by the magic he / she uses, and by other means not to normal humans.

So what is the max normal human stat? I still say its reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2007 04:39AM by Taarna.
November 13, 2007 08:04AM
In the case of the ancient one, he had transcended mortality long before he ever encountered Mordo or Strange. Call him 'just human' all you want, but noone lives as long as he did without having stepped beyond typical human mortality and restrictions.

A better comparrison to the Ancient One would be Dormammu, as opposed to every day joes.

November 13, 2007 10:00AM
I'm just saying he ascended all by himself. No entity did it for him. He was born human and turned himself into what he is through nothing but pure enlightenment.

November 13, 2007 01:13PM
what sets him apart from other people is he, like any mage, has the mystic origin talent. This means he has been exposed to certain forces or training that opens him up to being able to do things no mere mortal could ever hope to attain.

November 13, 2007 02:12PM
I don't think Dormammu qualifies as an adequate comparison with the Ancient One, since he began existence as a member of the Faltine until he and his sister were forced to flee their domain because of their perverse (by Faltinian standards) lust for matter, then became a separate entity for mages to entreate for magical power. Plus the Psyche we see listed for the Ancient One is for him after his Ascention, I'd say it was far lower when he was still a flesh and blood entity, otherwise Shuma-Goroth couldn't have corrupted his mind to turn him into a gateway to the Earth Dimension, as a Cl5000 psyche would have easily resisted.

-- Peter David

November 13, 2007 02:18PM
From what I remember of the Ancient One's history, his longevity was the result of a spell he was subjected to by Kaluu, and the centuries of life afterwards that allowed him to reach the levels of power he had before his aging shell left him unable to channel the levels of power he did in his youth. His later ascending to quasi-deity status resulted when Dr. Strange was forced to destroy the Ancient One's Ego in order to trap Shuma-Goroth in his mentor's now dead flesh. With his Ego destroyed the barriers separating him from Eternity were lifted and he became one with Eternity and from that achieved his status as an ascended being.

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.