What power category is Graviton?

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What power category is Graviton?
October 15, 2007 01:30PM
Just found myself wondering as to exactly what power category as per the Ultimate Powers Book is Graviton. Is he Normal Human or Induced Mutant? I.E. does his power to manipulate gravity affect him at the genetic level.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Re: What power category is Graviton?
October 15, 2007 02:15PM
Isn't he just an Altered Human?

October 15, 2007 03:35PM
Apparently you missed the point, if you look at the Ultimate Powers book it references Normal Human as being someone whose powers have left no detectable changes on them and appear fully human, it doesn't necessariliy mean having no powers at all. Modified Humans have changes that are obvious but non-genetic, and Induced Mutants are empowered and altered at a genetic level. Graviton wouldn't fit the heading of a Modified Human so he's either Normal Human or Induced Mutant.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

October 15, 2007 06:37PM
Why exactly would he not fit as an induced mutant? He got his powers from an accident. Sounds like an induced mutant to me.

if you look at the Ultimate Powers book it references Normal Human as being someone whose powers have left no detectable changes on them and appear fully human, it doesn't necessariliy mean having no powers at all

That's goofy, though. Saying "normal human" heavily implies no powers... how else would you describe a human with no powers?

October 15, 2007 06:55PM
Captain America's an augmented human too, but considered a normal human because he isn't considered to have those physical improvements as part of his DNA, yet he's clearly got powers to a degree. The question is are Graviton's powers a result of genetic changes from his teleportation error into that gravity experiment or are they not.

-- Peter David

October 16, 2007 05:16PM
I would say Altered Human by that Accident that helped give Him powers.
October 19, 2007 02:39PM
I'd say that a "Normal Human" would be someone that replied solely on high or magic technology, without which they are effectively, errrr, "powerless".

The use of magic itself might also qualify, depending on whether or not one assumes that the use of magic has some influence on one's genetic structure.

Graviton's powers are clearly as much a part of him as Spidey's, so I would classify him as an "Induced Muta-te/-nt" (which ever it is) by UPB definition, or Altered Human by standard definition.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.