Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude and Steven Seagal

Posted by Punstarr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude and Steven Seagal
September 28, 2007 12:34PM
I'm not sure I really want to open up this can of worms, but here goes...

Does anyone here think they can tackle an -unbiased- stats writeup on any of these guys? I know a lot of Chuck Norris fans can be as bad as Batman fans when it comes to overstatting their heroes... that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something realistic.

Re: Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude and Steven Seagal
September 28, 2007 01:39PM
Bruce Lee

F - AM [50]
A - RM [30]
S - GD [10] (in the way guys like Wolvie, Daredevil, and Iron Fist have good strength even though none of them could press 800 pounds ever)
E - EX [20]
R - TY [6]
I - GD[10]
P - GD [10]

Health: 110
Resources: EX [20]
Popularity: EX [20]

Talents: Philosophy, Martial Arts A, B, D, E, Oriental Weapons, Blunt Weapons, English, Acting, Teaching

September 28, 2007 03:07PM
That's what I'm talking about. I like that writeup, Capo. I was going to ask if anyone thought we've ever had any RL fighters with Amazing Fighting in history... gives a good idea of how good folks like Cap and Shang Chi are supposed to be.

September 28, 2007 03:24PM
Well, I think Shang-Chi is a very good template on how good Bruce is comparatively as Shang-Chi was based off of bruce lee. That said, I'm a really big Bruce Lee fan and have watched a lot of documentary material on him, and still do, whenever something comes on TV. There's a story James Coburn said about filming Enter the Dragon. He talks about how Bruce would get approached on the set day after day by people who wanted to see how good Bruce really was and would challenge him to fights. Bruce would excuse himself for a sec, go fight the guy, beat him like it was nothing, then come back to the director so he could finish blocking out his scene.

Also, many other martial artists, such as Norris, freely admit the prodigy-like skill Bruce had when it came to fighting.

So to me that sounds like Amazing. I think his Agility is fair just based on watching his movements in films, maybe not as good as an olympic gymnast, but probably just under. His endurence I based on his exceptional training regimen, including things like two-finger pushups. I was most tempted to fudge on this and give Bruce Remarkable, but I'm not entirely sure he could run a marathon or something like that.

October 03, 2007 06:44PM
Bruce Lee was a very fast and limber man, but he never competed in a full contact tournament. So it's hard to say how effective he would be.

Lee was a damn good movie star. I'm not sure if he was an amazing fighter though.

Norris competed in and won several full contact karate tournaments in Korea, and the USA.

I don't think Seagal competed. Van Dame did.
October 03, 2007 08:09PM
I heard Seagal competed in a lot of underground deadly competitions... dunno how true that is, but if it is true, I'd put my money on him over Norris or Van Damme any day. Then again, Norris is pushing 70, Segal is pushing 60 and Van Damme is a "mere" 47. I'd assume each is being looked at at his peak.

October 04, 2007 09:02AM
That is incorrect, Bruce Lee has competed in sanctioned full contact matches before.

Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee were also sparring partners, and Norris has stated on many occaisions how skilfull Bruce Lee was.

Norris was a former champion in Karate. Van Damme has some controversey over his alleged competitions. Some claim Van Damme's resume of competition is fabricated. He's also been sued successfully more than once for causing injuries to stuntmen on the set [the worst of which was blinding an eye during the shoot of cyborg].

October 04, 2007 09:56AM
Generally speaking a truly well-trained and ranked black belt has the control to not do accidental injury like that correct? One reason why many who qualify for black-belts don't get that final ranking because legally they're considered to have weapons as deadly as a knife or gun and are held to a higher standard than the less-trained individual.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
October 04, 2007 11:20AM
Generally speaking, anyone who claims 'mastery' over a given fighting form is able to perform their art without causing a target unintended harm.

That notion is what lends to the contraversy of Van Damme's actual level of prowess.

October 04, 2007 12:02PM
He boasts more about being able to crack a walnut with his butt cheeks than about his martial arts prowess...

October 04, 2007 12:23PM
Blustering fools are such a pain when they pretend to be qualified professionals in a field, especially when they get people hurt because of it.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
October 23, 2007 01:54PM
Indeed Bruce Lee was in many full contact tournaments as well as real fights before and during his movie career. I think in this day and age he's pretty underestimated.

I don't know if Seagal's been in any real full contact tournaments, but I've seen him (not in person) in a lot of Aikido tournaments. I think he had a pretty high ranking back in the day.

And I didn't realize Van Damme had claimed to be an actual martial artist, I had always heard he was a gymnast or dancer

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.