Revamped Exiles Mimic Sheet

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: I was wondering...
September 29, 2007 09:59AM
Not a bad selection, although as I think I noted Mimic's somewhat lazy and avoids powers that require practice, as he's specifically stated he wouldn't touch teleportation because of the practice involved. Plus Taskmaster's powers at half potential wouldn't work with him to some degree, both because being half as good at a copied skill is hard to quantify plus he'd still require study time to gain the benefits of those high fighting ranks and other specials Taskmaster has. Remember that what you see for him is the result of his spending years assimilating skills from a variety of people and he started just like any other human being at far lower levels.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Missing Limitation
September 29, 2007 10:07AM
Accidentally left off this limitation for Mimic. His power to copy powers is a detriment around the Hulk, causing him to suffer from radiation poisoning instead as it syphons gamma radiation into him and potentially could kill him in spite of his having part of Wolverine's Regenerative capacity. Apparently this doesn't work around all versions of the hulk (or else the writers mistakenly ignored it) as he's been seen around at least one other alternate reality Hulk, and one female Hulk, without suffering injury.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

What powers SHOULD he have taken?
September 29, 2007 10:46AM
Given the posting about what mix of powers would make him the best fighter, given the people we see him encounter during the Exiles mission whose powers SHOULD he have copied to maximize his potential?

For example, the alternate of Captain America on the world conquered by the skrulls was genetically engineered to peak human potential, which would qualify him for copying, as his powers are his enhanced FASE. Much better than a pitiful half the agility of the Beast. This world supplied many with useful powers he could have acquired.

Half of Spider-man's powers; enhanced strength (Remarkable), boosted agility above that of what he got from half the beast's potential, a danger sense, and wallcrawling, very useful powers.

Half of Wolverine speaks for itself, especially when augmented by half of Spider-man's powers.

The power of Cyclops is still useful as ranged attacks are always useful, but by not being lazy half the power of Magnus, the son of Magneto, would have put him on par with Magneto in raw power and options, including ranged attacks and defenses.

The powers of Colossus do tend to have some benefits that go missed, and not just the armor but the ability to take damage that might otherwise kill him, and with Magnus's magnetic powers could even use them to repair himself while in armored form faster than he could regenerate with wolverine's powers.

-- Peter David

Joe
September 29, 2007 11:56AM
I think Taskmaster's high Fighting, Agility, and the negative colum shift to his opponients, make it worth it. If not, I would take someone like Tick Tock to see what would happen.
September 29, 2007 12:34PM
Except he wouldn't copy the high fighting rank or agility from Taskmaster, only the power to develop those ranks by studying suitable opponents. For the same reason he wouldn't get the negative column shift penalty on opponents because that requires having previously studied them extensively.

-- Peter David

Joe
Another power set?
September 29, 2007 06:08PM
How about this grouping for Mimic...

1) Colossus

2) Madison Jeffries

3) Magneto

4) Scalphunter

5) Archangel (Death) with metal wings.
Re: Another power set?
September 29, 2007 07:45PM
I'm not sure what mutant power Scalphunter has, although I'm fairly sure those techno-organic wings of Archangel wouldn't copy. Besides Jeffries powers would let him take available metal and use it as shards for attack anyway. Always fun to consider possible combinations, how about this:

1: Graviton

2: Magneto

3: Wolverine

4: Diamond Lil

5: Colossus

-- Peter David

Joe
September 29, 2007 09:13PM
I could always switch out Wolverine for Archangel. I like your combination, good work.
Re: Scalphunter
September 29, 2007 09:32PM
I believe Scalphunter's powers involve Self-Revival and the ability to technoform weapons out of the gear he carries on his costume..

Quack, damn you...
Joe
Re: Revamped Exiles Mimic Sheet
September 29, 2007 09:51PM
Here is a question for you. If Mimic was to copy Radioative Man's powers, then tried to copy the Hulk's powers, would RM's Invulnerability to Radiation protect Mimic from the gamma radiation from the Hulk?
Joe
September 29, 2007 09:55PM
I was just thinking, what about replacing Magneto with Hyperstorm? You would get more bang for your buck.
Joe
Question about similar power sets?
September 29, 2007 10:03PM
I know that Mimic can have a problem with copying people with similar powers, but what about the following. Human Torch, Sunfire, Firestar, and Magma. Do you think he would have a problem, and if not how good would these powers work together?

P.S. Maybe we should throw in Firelord for good measure. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2007 10:05PM by Joe.
Re: Question about similar power sets?
September 30, 2007 01:05AM
You think he could really copy the power cosmic?

September 30, 2007 02:15AM
I don't think those power sets are close enough to be a problem really, since Firestar's abilities are based on microwave radiation, Magma's on tapping into the earth's magma layer, and Sunfire more on nuclear plasma relative to the Human Torch, and Firelord's based on the Power Cosmic and only emulates fire.

-- Peter David

September 30, 2007 02:16AM
I don't see why he couldn't, considering he could copy a cosmic entity like the Phoenix.

-- Peter David

Re: Revamped Exiles Mimic Sheet
September 30, 2007 02:17AM
Hmmmm, I suppose if he had copied anyone's powers that granted protection/immunity to radiation he'd have been safe from radiation poisoning from proximity to the Hulk, and might have even allowed him to copy the Hulk safely.

-- Peter David

September 30, 2007 02:19AM
Thanks, although it's hard to find something that'd replace Wolverine's power set, given the longevity and regeneration it brings. It ranks over Archangel's powers in most cases.

-- Peter David

September 30, 2007 02:21AM
He seems too canny to fall for that though (look at how he even outmaneuvered Dr. Doom), unlike Graviton and Magneto.

-- Peter David

September 30, 2007 11:12AM
I would think Galactus would be instantly aware of it though, and could choose to not allow it to be copied if he wished. I'm not sure if he'd care or not, though.

September 30, 2007 12:27PM
I doubt Galactus is that aware of what's going on with his heralds, otherwise they wouldn't have to notify him when they found a suitable planet for him to feed upon, he'd just know. Now an attempt to copy HIM he'd notice and block just like Dark Phoenix realized Mimic was copying her and eventually cut him off. I do wonder though which powers would block or allow one to block being copied; Resistance to Vampirism, broad spectrum or specialized into Power Vampirism would seem to apply, not sure if Power Manipulation would qualify though, but what others might or would protect against his power to copy you?

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.