Revamped Exiles Mimic Sheet

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Revamped Exiles Mimic Sheet
September 25, 2007 10:35AM
Just doing a bit of a revamp of my submission for the Exiles version of Mimic, after carefully rereading every Exiles issue containing him and trying to incorporate every bit possible. This should cover pretty much everything, although if I've missed something do let me know.

Super-Hero ID: Mimic

Name: Calvin Rankin

Power Category-Random Mutant

Fighting: Excellent (20)

Agility: Excellent (20)

Strength: Good (10)/Amazing (50)

Endurance: Excellent (20)/Amazing (50)

Reason: Typical (6)

Intuition: Typical (6)

Psyche: Typical (6)

Note: Physical stats already incorporate mimicked enhancements; reduce fighting, strength, and endurance to Typical if Wolverine's abilities are replaced/lost, reduce Agility to Typical if Northstar's powers are replaced/lost.

Health 70/140

Karma 18

Resources Pr (4)

Popularity 15

Powers

Power Duplication: Mimic has the Unearthly ability to copy up to 5 people's power sets at once. This allows him to use their powers at will and at the same time, but at half efficiency. Should he wish to duplicate another's powers he must choose an existing set to abandon. When copying powers Mimic does not copy limitations at the same time, as such the most obvious benefit of this is he does not require a ruby quartz visor in order to control the optic blasts he's mimicked off of Cyclops. This process requires roughly an hour to be fully complete although he may copy powers 'on the fly' if a situation is desperate enough, but they will fade within minutes and leave him with an empty slot.

Current Powers Include:

-From Colossus: Armored Form, granting remarkable Body Armor and strength and endurance boost to Amazing while transformed.

-From Northstar: Excellent Agility and Shift Z flight speed (although cannot fly while in armored form).

-From Cyclops: Remarkable strength optic blasts.

-From Wolverine: Enhanced Senses (hearing, smell) Remarkable. Resistance to toxins, disease, aging Amazing. Retractable Bone Claws Excellent material strength and edged attack damage, raised to Remarkable when in armored form. Tracking Remarkable. Regeneration and Recovery Amazing. Fighting: Excellent. Strength: Good. Endurance: Excellent.

-From Deadpool: Regeneration and Recovery: Unearthly. Fighting: Excellent. Strength: Good. Endurance: Good. On a power feat he can regain an area of lost tissue the size of his hand with two rounds of concentration. Due to the unique nature of Deadpool's power it is currently impossible for Mimic to cleanse it from his power templates, as it resists his efforts to remove it. Also much like Deadpool it has a physical manifestation of long ropey scars covering him from head to toe.

-Telepathy: Typical. Mimic has residual telepathy from when he mimicked the Jean Grey of his own timeline. It appears unaffected by swapping out power templates and lingers indefinitely.

Power Detection: As a component of his ability to copy powers Mimic may analyze anyone he's attempting to copy with Unearthly ability at a range of up to ten feet. This allows him to automatically know what powers he's getting from a target, how powerful they are and gives him insights into how durable whoever he copies might be. This power will also alert him when he's in the presence of someone with a powerful superhuman ability (he once made such a comment to Deadpool that he'd been able to sense his power the moment he walked into the room).

Note: Because both the Wolverine and Deadpool power templates carry regenerative abilities he effectively has Shift X rank Regeneration and Recovery. Considering both Wolverine and Deadpool have survived levels of physical damage thought to be lethal even to them and recovered it's possible his apparent death due to being burned out by the parasite Proteus is not permanent and he may eventually regenerate and revive.

LIMITATIONS

Mimic is unable to copy power templates of individuals with similar or identical powers to a template he already possesses as his body sees it as redundant. In the most obvious example of this he was unable to swap out the Beast's agility to copy that of Sabertooth in order to benefit from his regenerative powers due to his already having similar powers in Wolverine's power template. As listed previously he may copy the powers of only 5 beings at a time.

TALENTS

Leadership; History (Superhero/villain-related);

CONTACTS

Exiles (Thunderbird, Nocturne, Magnus, Blink, Sunfire); X-men (those of his reality only);

ENEMIES

Anyone he's forced to oppose to set a timeline right.

PERSONALITY

Having overcome a harsh life and a brief stint into villainy early on in his life Mimic has fully embraced the ideals of Professor X's dreams of human and mutant co-existence and the heroic ideal and proven one of the greatest forces in guiding his world to one of the best when it comes to human/mutant relations. He seems to have a preference for powers that are simple in nature, either always operating (Wolverine's healing factor and enhanced senses) or simply on/off in nature (Colossus's armored form) rather than those requiring practice like Magneto's magnetic powers, Blink's teleportation powers, or Sunfire's fire-related abilities.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Well Done
September 25, 2007 02:23PM
Have always liked this character. Nice job.

TLD
Joe
Re: Revamped Exiles Mimic Sheet
September 25, 2007 08:51PM
I thought Mimic was limited to a max of Unearthly? How can he have Shift X - Shift Z powers?
September 25, 2007 09:44PM
His actual upper limit has on several occasions been considered to be higher than Unearthly. Not only does he comment that he's got half of Northstar's near light speed in flight but in his encounter with Phoenix he's able to copy half her power (albeit briefly since he didn't have time to make it permanent) and given she operates around the CL1000 level of power he definitely wasn't down at the Unearthly level for his replication of her powers.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

September 26, 2007 12:09PM
I have to agree, very well done. I may have to use him in the home game. Thanks for the work you put in on it.
September 26, 2007 01:08PM
I like it very similar to a build i did.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
September 26, 2007 01:33PM
Glad you like the work on him, even with the original apparently dead still plenty of counterparts around I'm sure (the earth where nearly all the X-men died battling Phoenix for example was one diverging off of the heroic Mimic's timeline or a variant of it and not from the Earth-616 timeline since Wolverine recognized Mimic and saw him as a friend which the 616 version wouldn't). Then again how could you not enjoy a character that can copy the powers of multiple other characters, even if at half level? :) Of course he'd end up pretty scary copying some of my postings, after all Seraphim and Nightstalker alone would give him the powers of nearly a dozen X-men, and give him overlap with Wolverine's powers and Cyclops's.

-- Peter David

September 26, 2007 01:39PM
Thanks, nice to see others find it a good representation of his powers and abilities. I still can't believe he felt keeping half of Beast's agility was better than keeping Angel's wings during that battle with Phoenix. Would have been a lot better to have copied any of the heroes he dealt with on the Skrull-occupied earth, just imagine how much better half of Spider-man's powers would have been instead of Beast agility.

-- Peter David

Re: Well Done
September 26, 2007 01:40PM
Thanks, always liked him and others like him and glad others like him too.

-- Peter David

Joe
September 26, 2007 03:41PM
I agree. I always liked characters like Mimic, Rogue, Super-Adaptiod...etc. Good job. :)
Joe
September 26, 2007 03:44PM
That is were stacking comes in handy. Copy Madcap, and any other regenerator, and you are good to go. Half of Juggernauts powers would be great also. Combine then with Quicksilver, and he would be really dangerous.

How about this combo...?

Madcap,
Juggernaut,
Quicksilver,
Longshot, and
Taskmaster!

:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2007 03:46PM by Joe.
September 26, 2007 03:47PM
Can he copy magic based powers?

September 26, 2007 06:01PM
Well I doubt he could copy someone who's got magic-based powers, but the rest would be interesting, and at least Madcap's far greater regenerative capacity wouldn't have the difficulties of Deadpool's powers (which it would seem Madcap must be fairly unique in the multiverse if he was absent from the Crystal Palace database, and of course you'd get his mind-altering power to boot).

Makkari would be a better speed choice though (gets half his Eternal powers after all, although could be he couldn't copy more than one of them since they all share the same basic power pool and only training and intent determines the rest), and someone like the Leader or Smart-alek with a superpower-based intelligence boost to get his intelligence up.

-- Peter David

Joe
I was wondering...
September 29, 2007 08:27AM
I was wondering, what do you think the best combination of people Mimic could copy, in order to be the best hand to hand combatant, with the best odds of winning?

I was thinking

1) Taskmaster,

2) Spider-man,

3) Nightcrawler,

4) Wolverine,

5) Longshot.

What do you think?
Re: I was wondering...
September 29, 2007 08:35AM
the problem is that 3 of them are not mutants and he would end up having problems with their powers.

on top of which Taskmaster is ,himself, a mimic himself and it may be close enough to Mimic's own powers that he may not be able to dupe it.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
Joe
September 29, 2007 08:56AM
I thought Longshot was considered a mutant, from back in the 80's or 90's? If it has to be mutants, then I would just switch out Spiderman, and take Spidergirl. Mimic duplicates powers, and Taskmaster has Photographic reflexes, which is very different, in my book. Does the 616 Mimic have the limitation of mutants only? If Longshot is out, then I could just put in Domino in his place.
September 29, 2007 09:04AM
Longshot is indeed a mutant, but the thing with his luck power is that it won't work unless his intentions are pure. If Mimic's got any selfish intentions at all, his luck would turn into bad luck.

Joe
September 29, 2007 09:10AM
In that case, lets switch him for Domino. The same effect, with out the draw backs. :)
September 29, 2007 09:48AM
So've I, one reason I worked up the sheet on him, as well as created some nice composite characters for everyone to enjoy here. Namely Seraphim, Nightstalker, and Black Velvet.

-- Peter David

September 29, 2007 09:53AM
Hmmm, well Mimic doesn't require a target be a Random Mutant like himself, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to copy Deadpool's vast regenerative capability. While a genetically engineered alien Longshot's still organic and his powers aren't magical in nature so I think he could be copied too. Ironically enough I'd also mentioned the thought of him copying Taskmaster at some point, but then you have to wonder what copying half of his potential would mean.

-- Peter David

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.