Stat increases for Thing, Namor, others

Posted by Nightmask 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Stat increases for Thing, Namor, others
July 27, 2007 05:24PM
Depending on the official accuracy of the site (which I'm assuming is accurate), several characters require upgrading their physical strength to the Unearthly rank, including Prince Namor while Wet, the Thing, and the Super-Skrull.

[www.marveldatabase.com]

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread
Re: Stat increases for Thing, Namor, others
July 27, 2007 05:31PM
Super Skrull? Seriously?!

July 27, 2007 05:37PM
That's what it says, although I have serious reservations about that. He was copied from the FF, including the Thing, when they were much weaker, and I've seen nothing in continuity to justify his strength having gone from the Remarkable level all the way to Unearthly for him. Just because he's always going on about how he's got superior powers to the FF doesn't mean he'd somehow have a sliding scale to always remain equal or greater then them. I think some writers have fallen into that mistake, upgrading him just because he's started equal to them and they just keep him there without justification.

"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."

-- Peter David

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmask Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Paragon Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Complete list of my characters various forum URLs, over 30 to enjoy!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Godiva Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Seraphim Character Sheet

[www.furaffinity.net] Art by Marvel Comic's artist Rusty Haller!

[www.furaffinity.net] Artist/writer/Creator of The Extinctioners Independent super-hero comic!

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Sappho Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Cornucopia Character Sheet

[www.classicmarvel.com] - Nightmares of Futures Past Ongoing Story

[www.classicmarvel.com] - There is no such thing as too powerful Forum Thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 05:39PM by Nightmask.
August 01, 2007 05:23PM
I disagree. Show me a stat in a sourcebook/guidebook to the MSH that declares how much the character's can lift, then you'll have your answer.
August 02, 2007 09:12AM
Well that's the thing SD, even the handbooks and such can't keep up with the feats that characters are capable of. I hear though that Namor is part of the new handbook update, so maybe they deal with his strength in there.

My thing is, that even underwater, to throw a submarine with enough velocity that it would crash into and most likely destroy another sub would require even more than UN strength. It makes me wonder if Namor has UN base strength and SH X underwater.

August 02, 2007 09:48AM
You can always use Skycutter's weight scale instead... problems dealing with types like Namor and Sasquatch are solved.

August 02, 2007 12:56PM
I prefer to keep my house rules light. When you start tinkering with the mechanics too much, it becomes a slippery slope.

August 02, 2007 04:48PM
As do I, but I think that particular chance is a really good one. 100 tons is really not that much weight.

August 02, 2007 05:39PM
Some scientist must know by how much one cuts the affect of gravity when an object is suspended in the water.

Having never run an underwater campaign nor had Submariner, Marina, or any of those other water-based heroes in a campaign, I have never needed to deal with this issue.
August 02, 2007 07:21PM
Bah. That should read "I think that particular change is a really good one"...

August 02, 2007 07:23PM
The drag of the water would more than counter the reduced gravity effect, if Namor threw the sub underwater... if he threw it above water, the water doesn't factor in at all unless he was still wet at the time.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.