WWHulk?

Posted by Joe 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Joe
WWHulk?
June 22, 2007 10:02AM
I came up with what I think might be slightly better stats for the current Hulk, let me know what you think?

World War Hulk

F: Mn (75)
A: Ex (20)
S: SY (200)
E: SX (150)
R: Rm (30)
I: Ex (20)
P: In (40)

H: 395
K: 90

• Invulnerability: Class 1000 resistance to Cold, Heat, Corrosives, Radiation, Toxins, and Disease.
• True Invulnerability: Monstrous
• Regeneration: Shift-Y (200)
• Hyper-Leaping: Class 5000
• Astral Detection: Unearthly
• Adrenaline Surge: The listed abilities and Health scores are for the Hulk under "normal" circumstances. The Hulk's Fighting and Strength may be raised +1CS to a maximum of Shift-Z to hit and damage. This requires the hulk has to make a successful Psyche FEAT roll to increase and only if he was hurt that round. If the opponent or opponents are defeated, the Hulks abilities and Health scores return to normal in the next round. The Hulk's regeneration also increases +1CS to a maximum of Shift-Y each round until he is no longer taking damage (making the Hulk virtually unstoppable).
Because of the events of Planet Hulk, the Hulks is at the above level for the foreseeable future. His Fighting and Strength can still be raised if the Hulk needed or if he makes a green Psyche FEAT roll (he only has to think about what was taken from him to stay in this state).
• Special Detection: For some unknown reason, the Hulk is able to locate the place he was "born", Desert Base, New Mexico with Class 3000 ability

Talents
Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Medicine, Physics, Trivia (Earth Heroes),

I am stuck on what new fighting/weapon talents to give the Hulk. I have not read the comics and am going by what I read online.
Re: WWHulk?
June 22, 2007 10:15AM
Monstrous is still way too high for the Hulk's Fighting. There's just no way he's suddenly more skilled than Cap, Batman or Wolverine. I've said it before and I'll say it again. To justify Monstrous or higher Fighting, one needs to have been fighting for at least many hundreds of years, if not thousands. I think he's fine at Incredible... MAYBE Amazing but I still just don't see it. His Strength is Monstrous as before, but I'd say he's in a perpetual +2CS Rage nowadays (ie, he starts at Shift X Strength and the equivalent of Monstrous Fighting because he's already pissed, but he doesn't get the extra health).

Good writeup, and dead on in some areas.

Oh, and it should be added that the Hulk no longer needs to breathe. (Stupid but true... it's listed in Marvel.com and everything)

June 22, 2007 10:57AM
give him a special move that knockes off Ironmans head repeatedly and you have the perfect build.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
June 22, 2007 11:44AM
I agree fighting is way too high. Just having read Planet Hulk, I'd say his fighting is Incredible at best. He also doesn't seem to have any special weapon skills, he just used them, not with any great amount of skill.

The Green Scar's most valuable asset, as always, is his strength.

June 22, 2007 11:53AM
I disagree that the hulks str. is monstrous hulk has always had a minimum of unearthly and rages up to shift z. Hulks fighting also raises with his rage not his endurance. so starting him at inc. seems fine to me. Also in all the early marvel handbooks and the early tsr stuff the hulks hit points did go up with his adrenilene rage and I agree with that. I feel that hulks base stats are as follows.
F: 40
A: 10
s: 100
E: 100
R: 6
I: 50
P: 10
June 22, 2007 01:10PM
those stats don't reflect what he's been shown to be able to do for the past year leading up to the world war hulk storyline, which is what this whole thread is about.

June 22, 2007 01:23PM
capocastillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> those stats don't reflect what he's been shown to
> be able to do for the past year leading up to the
> world war hulk storyline, which is what this whole
> thread is about.

So...Hulk got...Weaker?

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically
June 22, 2007 01:29PM
When he's calm, yes.

June 22, 2007 01:51PM
I read all these issues and have no idea what your talking about? The hulk did not get weaker just a bunch of people wanted him to be weaker so they gave him weaker stats. The hulk is and always has bee { except for joe fixit} a force of nature the most raw powered non cosmic being in marvel. I don't know why people always want to weaken him but people can do whatever they want in there own campaigns.
June 22, 2007 01:55PM
Naw dude, calm he's weaker. Last time I saw evidence of this was when Juggernaut tapped him on the back of the head and knocked him cold... way back when Banner was in full control. Could be that this weakness only applies to Banner Hulk though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 01:55PM by Punstarr.
June 22, 2007 02:09PM

F: 40 A: 10 s: 100 E: 100 R: 6 I: 50 P: 10

These stats do not adequately reflect the most current incarnation of the hulk. They are simply too low.

June 22, 2007 02:13PM
Look a couple of poor lapses in writing doesn't make for depowering. In the past hulk would have trouble with the rhino and then the next issues he would go toe to toe with thor. Squirel girl beat doom, Spiderman punched out firelord. So should we lower dooms stats and intelligence or depower a herald of galactus do to some dufus's poor writing. No we should stick to an average we see in the comics.
June 22, 2007 02:19PM
Punstarr Wrote:
> When he's calm, yes.

Well obviously when he's calm he's weaker, are we speak Banner Calm or Hulk Calm? Which the idea of a Hulk Calm in it's self is an oxymoron, Hulk is Hulk because he isn't calm, so which weaker are we speaking of? And I totally need to see that comic of Juggy tapping Hulks head to knock him out, lol. Plus I heard that Juggy has a better grasp of the magic within the Cyttorak Ruby. I recall seeing him in a Spidey Comic being able to summon his costume out of no where and claimed that Black Tom Cassidy helped him get a better understanding of his power. Perhaps Juggy needs an upgrade in the strength department and not Hulk. lol

And *muthal the cursed*, Just to help you out. I'm looking at the Gamers Handbooks Of The Marvel Universe and Hulks Base Stats read.

F:Rm30

A:Gd10

S:Un100

E:Mn75

R:Fe2

I:Ty6

P:Rm30

And reference to Adrenaline Surge: The listed abilities are for the Hulk under *normal* circumstances. Hulk's Fighting ability and Strength may be raised by +1CS, to a maximum of Shift-Z to hit and damage under special circumstances. Every round Hulk is in combat with the same opponent or group of opponents, he receives this shift. If the opponent or opponents are defeated, Hulks abilities return to normal in the next round.

Some will view this as outdated perhaps so don't be shocked of nay sayer's. Characters change. That's the natural order of things on this site and others like it. Which isn't a bad thing, I've seen much improvements on certain characters since joining this site.

Of course the WW-Hulk could be completely different from those stats I just listed above, which is very likely and if his Base Strength is now Mn75... He is physically weaker in the Strength department than originally.

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically
June 22, 2007 02:20PM
Those are the example stats of his pre planet hulk stats. I would up his intelligence, strength, fighting and endurance, give him some small immunity to mind control powers and the like do to rage. his strength might even be up to shift y right now.
June 22, 2007 02:32PM
muthal the cursed Wrote:
> Those are the example stats of his pre planet hulk
> stats. I would up his intelligence, strength,
> fighting and endurance, give him some small
> immunity to mind control powers and the like do to
> rage. his strength might even be up to shift y
> right now.

Like I said, most likely viewed as outdated and that Hulk most likely is. You all should check out SKYCUTTERS Hulk. It's pretty kick @$$. Hell, I even offered SKYCUTTER power stunts for his version of Hulk.

flam-ing.
-noun

-verb (used with object)

-Verb phrase

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 02:33PM by RAGNARoK.
June 22, 2007 03:08PM
Rag, the Hulk vs Juggernaut fight happened in Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #402. Juggy beat Banner down while in his civvies.

Here's my take on Planet Hulk Hulk... it's not that he's suddenly inherently stronger, it's that he's CONSTANTLY pissed off to an extent, which gives the illusion of having more inherent raw power. In game terms, he's already pissed off to the point of having the +2CS to Fighting and Strength, due to his raw hatred for Earth at the moment.

June 22, 2007 03:31PM
I never did like the idea that someone becomes a better fighter the angrier they get. In my knowledge and experience, anger makes one predictable, saps one's energy, and makes one an easy kill for a skilled veteran with a cool head.

I prefer to see column shifts to endurance instead of fighting. Or to fighting but only for purposes of making multiple attacks. An adreniline shift to psyche would also be cool, to reflect the increasingly greater difficulty in dominating an increasingly enraged Hulk.

Anyway, I don't think that Hulk's fighting needs to be increased. And I think that his T.I. is way too high. I'd wouldn't place it above Rm/In... which is still enough to reduce a Shift Z attack into mere Rm/Ex damage.

And as for his regenreation; wouldn't the shifting stats, and consequent additions to health, reflect this?

Other than that, present Hulk is bad-@$$, taking out both Black Bolt and then IM-Hulkbuster without much trouble, and without much rest time in between.

I don't know what Earthlings I'd send agaisnt him. Obviously, the Sentry, but other than him, all I can think of is... *everyone* else... *all at once*.

------------------------------------------------
Powersurge (history, pics) [www.classicmarvel.com]

Morningstar (campaign journal) [www.classicmarvel.com]

"You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1
Joe
June 22, 2007 04:41PM
I was thinking Super-Adaptoid and maybe Empath.
June 22, 2007 05:42PM
I think they're going to take this opportunity to show the Sentry off as it were. Watch the Hulk be unable to harm him.

June 22, 2007 05:42PM
Isn't Empath dead? And wouldn't he just take one look at a rampaging Hulk, crap himself and faint?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 05:43PM by Punstarr.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.