Requesting stats for Spawn et al.

Posted by Zyklonous 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Requesting stats for Spawn et al.
June 14, 2007 02:42PM
I am looking to find any write up or stats for MSH
Re: Requesting stats for Spawn et al.
June 14, 2007 03:53PM
Zyklonous, I have been working on stats for Spawn, as a request from another forum member. I will be posting them this weekend. B!)-

The Skycutter

June 14, 2007 04:23PM
Ya know this site has Spawn stats as well. Check em out. [www.classicmarvel.com]

Not that Cutter's version won't be any good, but you did say you wanted any writeups. :)

June 16, 2007 12:01PM
The SPAWN write-up is finished! I have asked RAGNARoK and Nightmask to look it over. If they agree, it will be posted later tonight... B!)-

The Skycutter

Re: Spawn stats.
June 17, 2007 04:10PM
Zyklonous, here are your stats on SPAWN! B!)-

[download.yousendit.com]

The Skycutter

June 17, 2007 04:21PM
Hmmm, the connection timed out for me.

June 17, 2007 05:02PM
These stats on Spawn are Awesome, Cutter! :D
X
June 17, 2007 05:50PM
Amazing write up on Spawn, Cutter! The artwork is excellent, really great job!! :.D
June 18, 2007 11:30AM
I haven't read Spawn in a long time and I can't believe how the Spawnverse has turned out. I can only ask 'why?'
June 18, 2007 01:46PM
Likely because of a slowly growing trend created by the in-your-face fanatical christians that give the good majority a bad image to deconstruct Christianity, in particular their embodiment of deity and his/her/its polar opposite.

With Spawn you see a look at the religion as driven by fanatics on both sides who can't see the forest for the trees, with the one at top and supposedly supreme good doesn't seem to do anything but allow evil to occur. Heck he even gave his rebellious minion an entire kingdom of his own to rule over, and the souls of anyone he didn't want along with any angels that decided they wanted some freedom as well. So in comes a third party that doesn't care for either side and is tired of being victimized by it and arranges to turn an agent of one side into their agent in order to end the endless misery generated by the conflict.
June 18, 2007 03:42PM
Ahh... The Love. :D

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically
June 18, 2007 04:34PM
Another reason to dislike fanaticism. Writers get inspired by what they do and sink the quality of arcs. I liked it better when there was just God and the demon rulers of Hell.
June 18, 2007 05:05PM
Well it isn't always a bad thing, it can inspire some actual eye-opening stuff to refute what's so fanatically driving some people and keep them from gaining more converts, or at least get people thinking who had closed their minds previously. Generally though it's just a good example of the concept that when you focus on just one truth you make it a lie because of all the others you ignore blindly.

This was shown in an episode of the Friday the 13th TV series, where a demon-hunter's blind devotion to his 'truth' meant he never saw that his own daughter was and had been a willing convert to evil since she was a child, using him to unwittingly eliminate threats and gain access to the Vault at the curio shop in order to unleash Hell on earth. In the end he dies finding what a miserable lie he'd been living and evils he'd committed that surely had damned his soul in his blindness.
June 18, 2007 06:58PM
It was bad with Spawn. God and Satan are turned into squabbling children. Instead of being uber sideliners, their pathetic imitations of what they were. I'm not monotheistic, nor is a monotheism setting something I find particularly entertaining, but I liked it with Spawn. With bringing in what's its name, who is more powerful than either of them, it makes me think of Marvel, where there are increasingly more and more powerful entities beyond what we have already seen.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.