Magic

Posted by Punstarr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Magic
May 09, 2007 07:21PM
not necessarily...most of the factors i've mentioned are used in both AD&D and Marvel RPG (Realms Of Magic).
May 09, 2007 07:34PM
It's still a heck of a lot more complex than anything else in the game save perhaps resources and inventing.

May 10, 2007 08:00AM
Just treat magic like any other power, except you use psyche to hit, and use magic as the base power for purposes of power rank, and have spell effects be power stunts.

Just like telepathy, telekinesis, and other mental powers.

May 18, 2007 08:54PM
Well... if i remember right, doesn't a sorcerer supreme have a CS bonus to all his spells in his 'home turf'? I wasn't sure if that was a house rule somewhere but if that were the case that'd make him much more deadly on earth (or in the 'main universe' proper).

And explain why extradimensional folks usually give him more guff - especially on THEIR own home turf... hmm... now i have to look that up...
January 15, 2008 12:26AM
I'm bumping this because I think it is an important topic and we have so many new people around here right now. I'm with capocastillo on how mages should progress. One thing that I add is that the characters physical form can be anything at all, but I do not allow a hero to use magic unless the Player has either the Mystic Origin talent, or a Power in the Magic Power Category of the Ultimate Powers Book.

Any new opinions are welcome.

The Last Duskblade
Q-Class Forever!!!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.