SKYCUTTER write ups on ROBOCOP and GODZILLA.

Posted by Alucard 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
X
Re: Godzilla
May 05, 2007 11:57PM
Ok, I will say this, size does not matter in fighting! But pure brute berserking force does! For example Doomsday or a Wolverine!
But Godzilla is like a storm, unstoppable, and uncontrollable. I like to say he is more like the write up the Cutter did, A true unstoppable Nuclear weapon! When a Nuclear Bomb goes off how do you stop it or contain it? The answer is you cannot! Just kiss your @#$%& good bye Brother, It is all over. That is what GODZILLA is all about Starr...
May 06, 2007 12:08AM
Eh he's a big lizard to me. A very famous big lizard but a big lizard nonetheless. King Kong's just as famous but no one's pouring over why he deserves cosmic level stats. You didn't speak to most of my points though. It doesn't seem like many of you are really capable of looking at Godzilla objectively. All I'm hearing over and over again is "he is what he is because he's Godzilla, and there shouldn't be any other reason why... after all, he's Godzilla". I've been guilty of being a fanboy... heck, there's nothing wrong with it. It's a title I hold proudly. :) However, in this case I think it's blinding you to the possibility that Godzilla may not be the absolute best at everything.

May 06, 2007 12:15AM
Godzilla really isn't an Unearthly class fighter, almost all of his fighting is against stationary targets or other slow-moving monsters. Even Amazing fighting is Generous, and Unearthly for his Strength is generous, as for his size much of his muscle goes into moving his own body around. I believe there's even a rule for characters with certain kinds of growth where lifting strength isn't considered to increase and instead lifting is checked against his growth ranks.

Considering Godzilla at Shift Z growth when it came time to lift something base it off his Shift Z growth, but actual physical combat only inflicting Unearthly damage from his actual strength.
May 06, 2007 12:34AM
I see your point here Punstarr, but I do not agree with you. I like King Kong myself, I believe he is about 24-40 Feet tall. In his origin just like a dino, a very large creature, but Godzilla is a Mutation from Nuclear Fission, 80 Meters Tall (260 Ft). I try to think of him as a unstoppable force of nature. If you have a problem with his fighting make it Monstrous, but I agree with X, I would drop it know lower then that. As for the rule on Growth. What ever your Growth power rank is you can use for strength, Damage included!! I also agree with the SKYCUTTER write up on GODZILLA. And as for your point on King Kong should have a Shift-Z strength also, No way, Unearthly at the best period (NO BETTER). Even though I'm a fan of the big Ape, GODZILLA would rip him apart, No questions about it!!
May 06, 2007 12:44AM
But that isn't what happened in the movie Godzilla vs King Kong... 8-)

In it, Godzilla was around the same size as King Kong. That's my point. You can't base any stats off the movies when the movies can't even agree on the size of these monsters from picture to picture!

Here we see Wiki quotes of some of these inconsistencies.

"Godzilla has displayed varied levels of physical strength."

"The extent of Godzilla's intelligence varies throughout the character's history"

"In King Kong vs. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla, he is shown to be vulnerable to electricity, shying away from even the smallest source; however, this is inconsistent with the resilience to electricity he displayed in the original Godzilla. This weakness is apparantly retconned and later films in the Showa series would portray Godzilla as being immune to electricity, or even drawing power from it. In The Return of Godzilla, Godzilla was shown to be vulnerable to cadmium. Anti-nuclear bacteria has had an effect on him, though Godzilla's immune system was eventually able to overcome it. Later on, Godzilla is revealed to have a second brain in his spine, and Mechagodzilla was able to kill him by destroying it; however, he was revived by Rodan and further films seem to ignore this Achilles heel."

X
May 06, 2007 01:06AM
You wrote that:

All I'm hearing over and over again is "he is what he is because he's Godzilla, and there shouldn't be any other reason why... after all, he's Godzilla".

Your missing the point here, we are talking about pure unstoppable force here!

Then you wrote:

I've been guilty of being a fanboy... heck, there's nothing wrong with it. It's a title I hold proudly. smiling smiley However, in this case I think it's blinding you to the possibility that Godzilla may not be the absolute best at everything.

We are not talking about him being the best at one thing or another. What we are saying is, he is a unstoppable nuclear brute! He walks up to Nuclear Reactors and eats them for Lunch! And physically he is unmatched in size and strength, on land, or in the sea. Your just looking at the movies, a guy in a rubber suit jumping around like a joke. But if you look at what he is able to do as a character, you could see his true power!!

I agree with the write up the SKYCUTTER did here, the stats you posted do not even come close to what Godzilla is! And for the commit you made about the the Fantastic Four not being able to deal with a creature with a Shift-Z strength, Namor's Giganto (Monster Sea Creature) had a Shift-Z Strength!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2007 01:11AM by X.
May 06, 2007 01:09AM
I really don't see where the amped stats really are appropriate for Godzilla either, since most of those monster movie characters vary considerably over the decades as new movies come out, and Godzilla's only an unstoppable force when she's fighting a worse badguy. When trashing Tokyo as a solo villainess they always find some way to stop her or turn her away somehow.
X
May 06, 2007 01:22AM
His stats are not amped up! The easiest way to some this up is facts. If you look at the original first movie, you learn he is a giant, created from atomic weapons, a mutation based on nuclear weapons being used. He is able to feed off from Nuclear Reactors, He has Atomic Breathe. Look at his over all Size and Weight (260 Ft tall)! What he is, is a true Nuclear Weapon, and should be judged as such period.
May 06, 2007 01:33AM
Well you can feel that way all you want, but I shall judge how I feel about things, and I just don't judge him that powerful. Simple as that.
May 06, 2007 02:20AM
Nuke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Godzilla that you are thinking of is one that
> fought the Avengers, that was just some cheap
> version of a Godzilla rip off by Marvel! It is not
> the TOHO productions GODZILLA from Japan that the
> Cutter just did the write up on here Starr. It is
> all about the Fact Homie... I would expect better
> coming from you Homie, Now if it was Ragnaroll, I
> could see it!! Peace Out Homies...

Hey "Puke", lets get something straight. I've "NEVER" knocked SKYCUTTER'S work for one simple reason. He does a brilliant job at character creations, just like TAG, and if you haven't noticed, just like myself... And you think you're so perseptive and yet you can't see it...

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2007 02:21AM by RAGNARoK.
May 06, 2007 05:27AM
Punstarr Wrote:
> Those stats seem way too insanely high for the big
> lizard... especially Fighting. He wasn't -that-
> powerful. Here's what I'd set his for his basic
> stats:
>
> Fighting: Incredible
> Agility: Remarkable
> Strength: Unearthly
> Endurance: Unearthly
> Reason: Typical
> Intuition: Excellent
> Psyche: Incredible
>
> Health: 270
> Karma: 66
>
> Powers:
> Armored Skin: Unearthly
> Invulnerabilities: Fire/Heat, Cold, Radiation
> Claws: Monstrous Material Strength
> Atomic Death Breath: Unearthly energy damage
>
> Other stats may vary. I've never heard of him
> being able to regenerate, but it doesn't seem far
> fetched.

>>I disagree. Godzilla is what 160 feet tall and 50,000 tons in weight? He should be able to lift well over 100 tons logically. I'd put his strength range at least Shift Y, or Shift Z.

I'd also up his fighting, but decrease his agility.
May 06, 2007 09:36AM
Nightmask made a really good point about his strength... a lot of that strength would be occupied just moving all of his weight around. It's a fact that the bigger the creature, the more of it's strength is required just to support it's own weight. It's why Pym can only grow so big. Any bigger and his muscles wouldn't even be able to let him move... and that's comic book canon.

As for the fighting, if you really want him to have Monstrous Fighting, I'd say it only applies when he's fighting other giant monsters. Against smaller targets he has a -much- tougher time hitting.

May 06, 2007 09:42AM
"Because he's an atomic powered true nuclear weapon"... that's your reasoning? Jeez, I'd hate to get you and a hardcore Batman fan in the same thread arguing about who would win, Batman or Godzilla. Both your arguments would likely be "Because he's Godzilla" and "Because he's Batman"...

If all it takes to have cosmic stats is being an atomic powered nuclear weapon, Radioactive Man should likewise be a god, right?

Bah. Nevermind. I've said my piece and it's obvious minds aren't going to be changed here. There's no bad blood here so no worries. It's just something we're going to have to agree to disagree on.

X
May 06, 2007 12:17PM
I agree with you Taarna! To be fair, I see Punstarr point, but I do not agree with him in this case! And as for Nightmask cheap shot earlier in the thread, we are all friends here, what you do is your opinion! But I still do not agree with Punstarr on the Height and Weight subject!?! If I put Andre the Giant in a contest with Punstarr lifting or Punching a object, Andre wins, just more mass, and power. Simple physics here, just that an nothing more Starr! I end this on a good note, we all agree to disagree, and I hope we are all still friends here! I also hope SKYCUTTER knows that he did a Amazing job on this write up of GODZILLA! I also do not know if anyone looked at the Robocop write up, but WOW!! Thanks Cutter...
May 06, 2007 12:29PM
RAGNARoK Wrote:

Hey "Puke" lets get something straight. I've "NEVER" knocked SKYCUTTER'S work for one simple reason. He does a brilliant job at character creations, just like TAG, and if you haven't noticed, just like myself... And you think you're so perseptive and yet you can't see it...

Lets get one thing straight here Ragnajerk, I do not care if you knock SKYCUTTER, TAG, or your girlfriend Ponystarr!! That is what you can do with your perspective Homie, kiss it where the sun don't shine!! LOL Peace
May 06, 2007 12:48PM
Those size physics you speak of only work to a certain mass. Past that and gravity severely starts working against you. Physics vary depending on the size of an object. It's why were you actually the size of an ant and fell a great distance, you would be unlikely to get very hurt.

This is also why in real life, no land creature has ever grown to a height of more than 50 feet (Brachiosaurus) and from 30-50 tons, and no sea creature has ever been larger than around 120 tons (Blue Whale). Physics just doesn't allow such massive creatures. I realize that in comic books and other fiction, physics generally takes a back seat, but at least Marvel comics attempts to explain things within the limits of real life physics.

Godzilla and physics
May 06, 2007 01:01PM
Stupid site won't let me edit my last post, so here's an addition...

Here's a quote from a site which discusses animal size limitation:

"Another problem that giant sauropods such as Argentinosaurus would have had to deal with would be that of support. As length or height are increased linearly the volume and therefore mass of an organism increases cubically. This means that an animal twice as long in each direction as a cat would weigh about eight times as much as the cat. Therefore the force being placed on the leg bones of an animal goes up at an increasing rate with regards to its length. As energy must be expended in the production and maintenance of support for the body there must be a point at which it is inefficient to be any larger. In addition to this, when the forces involved are very large, bones can be broken. If there is an especially large animal attempting to be supported by a broken bone the forces involved will be too great to allow the bone to heal on its own. Therefore, if an animal is too large a fracture of a supporting limb is very much a lethal event. In the end, large sauropods died out probably due to their high degree of specialization, and their inability to cope with change."

That's just for animals as large as dinosaurs. My point here is that if you're going to argue these really high stats for Godzilla, don't start bringing physics into the argument, because as it stands, physics don't allow for a creature as large as Godzilla to even exist.

May 06, 2007 03:39PM
I care if you knock the Master, Dog!! You have been warned Nuke, the Master has chosen to use other names in this Forum: SKYCUTTER,
RAGNARoK, ThatArtGuy, etc., The Master is under my Protection, This is your last Warning infidel!!
May 06, 2007 04:40PM
YOU!! I know you just did not call me a Dog and a Infidel you idiot! I really hate you stupid Ninja pain in the A#s... But you did say something I find interesting fool. So SKYCUTTER, RAGNARoK, and TAG is the same person using multi-names in this Forum! Thank you for that info you @#%$ing little s#@t! Now I finally now the Truth!!
May 07, 2007 08:06AM
Nuke Wrote:
> YOU!! I know you just did not call me a Dog and a
> Infidel you idiot! I really hate you stupid Ninja
> pain in the A#s... But you did say something I
> find interesting fool. So SKYCUTTER, RAGNARoK, and
> TAG is the same person using multi-names in this
> Forum! Thank you for that info you @#%$ing little
> s#@t! Now I finally now the Truth!!

He just did call you a Dog and an Infidel, if ya scroll up you can see it above your post as plain as day. Oh and I'm not SKYCUTTER or TAG... yeah. And if ya got some beef with me, I'd like to know what it is? You been doing some name calling and acting as if I harshly assaulted you or something, which believe me ya don't need my help, but last I checked, you started the name calling with "Punnystarr and Fragglerock" for no real reason or rhyme. When you insult me, you insult a few others.... I remember getting compliments in the past from you, which were a delight and honor, but now you've changed to a dark demeanor towards my work and I have no real knowledge to why... Hell I didn't even post in this very thread until you insulted me without malice or cause.

So in reply to your kiss it where the sun doesn't shine... Pick an acre and shave it.

If I wanted any lip from you, I'd unzip my pants.

Oh, excellent work on Godzilla SKYCUTTER. very nice. I couldn't have done it better myself *:::cough:::*. :D

flam-ing.
-noun

1. Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post.
-verb (used without object)

2. Computer Slang. to send an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message.
-verb (used with object)

3. Computer Slang. to insult or criticize angrily in an electronic message.
-Verb phrase

4. *Flaming, flamer* and *flamboyant* are potentially pejorative adjectives for a gay man or LGBT person whose behavior is reflected in a stereotypical flamboyancy, manner or style (see also gay culture and camp) but also refers to anyone seen as showy, outrageous, eccentric or unique stylistically

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2007 08:06AM by RAGNARoK.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.