"Day of the Octopus" character stats

Posted by apercher 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"Day of the Octopus" character stats
April 15, 2006 12:35PM
Does anyone have the stats for Spiderman, Thing, Captain America and Captain Marvel that were published with "Day of the Octopus"?

I'm starting a play by post game and I'd love to use the "official" stats for this adventure.

Also, if you want to play, the game isbeing run on MySpace at [groups.myspace.com]

Thank you,

Andrew
Re: "Day of the Octopus" character stats
April 15, 2006 06:16PM
Hi Andrew,
On this site, classicmarvel.com, you'll see a navigation bar (toward the top). Under Other_Stuff, go to Downloads, then to Basic Game and Modules.
Webmaster Aunt Petunia has Day of The Octopus there for free to download.

Mark

P.S. Oh, and Mazel Tov on the baby!

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2006 06:17PM by Mark.
April 15, 2006 08:38PM
Mark,

Thank you for responding. That is where I got the adventure, but was surprised to learn that none of the PDFs include the character cards that come with the basic set. Thus the hero's original character stats are not there. :-(

Thank you for the mazel tov. (I guess that means you visited the game site on Myspace and saw the photo of me and Selene.)

Andrew
April 16, 2006 02:54PM
Couldn't find Spider-Man's stats, but in the basic rules, just use the ones on this site, only push his Intuition back up to Amazing level. His spider-sense is ranked at Amazing. If something happens which surprises the heroes, Spider-Man is allowed (before he rolls) to spend Karma to allow him to auto-react if he wants. Otherwise, he could just roll and hope he reacts in time. Like both Caps, Spider-Man's identity is secret, which makes it easier or harder for him in Campaign mode depending on situation. Peter Parker is a freelance photographer, which means his Resources is at Poor rank, if I remember.

As for stats I do have...

THE THING
Profession: Adventurer

Fighting: INCREDIBLE (40)
Agility: GOOD (10)
Strength: MONSTROUS (75)
Endurance: MONSTROUS (75)
Reason: GOOD (10)
Intuition: GOOD (10)
Psyche: REMARKABLE (30)
Health: 200
Popularity: 80
Resources: REMARKABLE 30/1000

Powers
THICK SKIN/BODY ARMOR. Ben's orange rocky hide serves as Incredible (40) Body Armor against all physical attacks.

Talents
Ben is a pilot. He can fly any airplane or spacecraft of terrestrial design. He can figure out the workings of any alien craft if he makes a successful Reason FEAT roll (his Reason is Incredible for this roll).

Background
etc etc you already know

CAPTAIN AMERICA
Profession: Illustrator

Fighting: AMAZING (50)
Agility: INCREDIBLE (40)
Strength: EXCELLENT (20)
Endurance: REMARKABLE (30)
Reason: GOOD (10)
Intuition: INCREDIBLE (40)
Psyche: GOOD (10)
Health: 140
Popularity: 100
Resources: EXCELLENT 20/500

Unique Weapon
SHIELD. Captain America carries a circular, red, white, and blue shield made of a special mixture of Adamantium and Vibranium. The shield is a Class 1000 material that cannot be damaged by any force except psionics. It absorbs up to 90 points of damage each round. While Cap uses the shield to protect himself, he cannot attack. Even when he uses his shield, Cap is subject to Slams and Stuns. Cap can throw his shield with Monstrous Agility and cause Remarkable damage (30 points) to whatever it hits.

Talents
Steve Rogers is a talented freelance illustrator.

Background
etc etc you already know

CAPTAIN MARVEL
Profession: Adventurer

Fighting: GOOD (10)
Agility: GOOD (10)
Strength: TYPICAL (6)
Endurance: REMARKABLE (30)
Reason: TYPICAL (6)
Intuition: GOOD (10)
Psyche: TYPICAL (6)
Health: 56
Popularity: 20
Resources: EXCELLENT 20/500

Powers
ENERGY FORMS: Captain Marvel can convert her body into any form of electromagnetic energy, including radio waves, gamma rays, cosmic rays, and visible light. She can also move along electric circuitry. She moves with Unearthly speed (up to the speed of light) in these forms. In energy form, her Agility is Unearthly for dodging, but not for accuracy. She can only be harmed in her energy forms by other energy in the same form, and by energy-muting fields such as converters, force fields, and the Darkforce. In energy form, she can pass through any substance that energy can pass through.
ENERGY BOLTS: Captain Marvel can project energy bolts from her hands at anything she sees, causing Monstrous damage (75 points).

Talents
Monica was a member of the New Orleans Harbor Patrol. She is an experienced law enforcement officer and navigator. Her Agility shifts UP ONE when she uses firearms.

Background
etc etc you already know

Have fun!
April 16, 2006 04:22PM
Hrm, looks like the Concrete Jungle book and Secret Wars II book has his stats about the same as I remember them from the Day of the Octopus. I'll write them out in the same way.

SPIDER-MAN
Profession: Freelance Photographer

Fighting: REMARKABLE (30)
Agility: AMAZING (50)
Strength: INCREDIBLE (40)
Endurance: INCREDIBLE (40)
Reason: EXCELLENT (20)
Intuition: AMAZING (50)
Psyche: INCREDIBLE (40)
Health: 160
Popularity: 30
Resources: POOR (not sure of numerical stat)

Powers and Weaponry
WALL CRAWLING. Spider-Man sticks to all normal surfaces automatically and can walk on walls and ceilings with Amazing agility at normal speed.
SPIDER SENSE. Parker's spider-sense warns him of potential danger. If placed in immediate danger, a successful Intuition FEAT roll will allow him to react in time to save himself (dodging a bullet for example). Failing the FEAT roll indicates that he did not react in time to avoid the danger. No Karma may be added to these rolls. Potential dangerous persons and situations also cause his spider-sense to react. Potential dangers are estimated in damage. An Unearthly danger will spark more of a reaction than a merely Good danger. The spider-sense is omni-directional and does not require any conscious will to operate. If deprived of his spider-sense, Spider-Man's Intuition drops to Good and his Agility to Incredible.
WEB-SHOOTERS. Spider-Man carries a web-shooter on each wrist, each firing Monstrous-strength webbing up to two areas away. The webbing has Incredible material Strength in the round it is fired, and hardens to Monstrous strength the round following. Spider-Man uses this webbing to restrain foes, to make swinglines (moving up to 3 areas per round in city areas), as missiles inflicting up to Excellent damage, and as Monstrous strength shields. The adhesive webbing lasts for an hour, then dissolves.
SPIDER TRACERS. Parker owns several small, spider-shaped homing devices, each cued in on a frequency detectable by his spider-sense. The range of the signal is about one mile.

Talents
Peter Parker has some science skills which don't add anything to his stats, so ignore

Background
etc etc you already know
April 18, 2006 07:01PM
Thank you Serafita!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.