Speedball's Resistance Rank

Posted by Mark 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Speedball's Resistance Rank
March 07, 2006 09:09PM
All of the data I've seen talks about how impervious to physical harm he is. But what does that translate to in game stats? Unearthly? Class 1000?
I though I once saw his protection listed as an actual rank, but I've never found that site again. If it ever existed.
So -- how much damage can Robbie actually get hit with and not be injured?
MARK

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
Re: Speedball's Resistance Rank
March 07, 2006 09:36PM
TOTAL INVULNERABILITY. . .when rebounding off objects. Body Resistance of Remarkable v. direct attack.
Now, how YOU as game judge rule in YOUR universe determines what that means:

Does it mean that he resists 30 points of damage per direct attack or does he get to roll a Red power FEAT (Rm) to TOTALLY avoid damage?

If you are a New Warriors reader,then you should know what to do.
March 07, 2006 10:01PM
I've seen Speedball get harmed, but rarely from a blunt physical attack. So I usually just let him bounce if he gets hit from blunt trauma. Every other attack form acts under that body resistance jam
March 08, 2006 07:53AM
I would give him UN resistance to blunt attacks when bouncing and automatically be subject to any slam results.
March 08, 2006 08:14AM
It's listed on this site. Speedball. He has RM rank Body Armor when the Speedball Effect is working.

I checked the GHotMU 1989 update and he's listed there but without a protection rank. Personally I like the UN rank protection from blunt and make him start bouncing. I think if I use him I'll set it to that since it's funny. (:!D

Regarding the respect he gets as a hero:

Slap Stick: "Who are you, the Bouncing Blue Bubble Head?"
Speed Ball: "I'm Speed Ball."
Slap Stick: "Speed Bump?"
Speed Ball: "Speed Ball!"

<later>

Captain America: "Please leave this to the professional heroes."
Slap Stick: "Oh, like Nerf Ball there?"
Speed Ball: <in the distance> "It's SPEED BALL!"
doc xaos
March 08, 2006 07:13PM
What about when he gets hit by an extreme force? Does his movement rank and agility increase? I know his attack damage increases. Also,what about edged weapons? Oh yeah,and those cool bubble force fields and kinetic manipulation power stunts. Ever since The New Warriors fought Terrax in Long Island City Iseen Speedball as a power stunt heavy character. Not quite as up there wi the Flash but alot none the less.
March 08, 2006 08:53PM
Secret Defender, CapoCastillo, Mic_Rulz and Doc Xaos,
Thanks for the input, the link, and the thought you put into solving this question for me; all helpful and well thought out.
MARK

PS I think I heard of Speedball once stepping in front of Japan's famous Bullet Train. Must take some courage to try THAT the first time around; I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that would do more than Typ (6) damage... ::!o

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2006 08:54PM by Mark.
March 09, 2006 06:18AM
Didn't Spider-Man knock Speedball out with one punch when he was under the influence of the Jackel's programming? This was even when Speedball was doing his bouncing thing to try to confuse Spidey as well...
doc xaos
March 09, 2006 09:34AM
actually it was the express from Connecticut to New York. He jumped in front of it to travel a great distance in a short time.
March 09, 2006 08:04PM
Serafita Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didn't Spider-Man knock Speedball out with one
> punch ... even when
> Speedball was doing his bouncing thing

I didn't see that, but it would fit with what people have been posting about him having Rem. Physical Resistance to direct physical attacks.
MARK

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.