X-Men: Deadly Genesis

Posted by capocastillo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
X-Men: Deadly Genesis
March 03, 2006 04:10PM
Has anyone gotten around to modelling the team that Xavier sent to Krakoa featured in the X-Men: Deadly Genesis limited series?
Re: X-Men: Deadly Genesis
March 04, 2006 01:56AM
umm... forgive me i haven't read this one, but wouldn't that be the original new X-men from giant sized X-men #1? and if not, how does it differ?

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 04, 2006 02:17AM
It's Xavier's best-kept secret. In between the originals and the All-New, All-Different team there was another team, including the third Summers brother. They all died, except apparently Kid Vulcan (the Summers brother in question) survived.

I haven't been bothering to read it.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
March 04, 2006 02:26AM
"kid vulcan"????

ok that sinches that i will never read this thing.

"No where to hide. No place to run. Your village will BURN like the heart of the SUN!" - Richard, Head warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the 13 Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance.
March 04, 2006 01:38PM
You guys are always so negative about anything that's come out of marvel in the last 15 years...

it's actually a very interesting story by Ed Brubaker.
March 04, 2006 05:48PM
i wouldn't say 15... mor like 10 maybe a bit longer....

but yeah most of it's been crap. not saying there aren't a few true gems but i just can't/wont attempt to wrap my head around this one.

March 04, 2006 08:20PM
Kid Vulcan?

I though Adam-X the X-Treme was to be the 3rd Summer Brother? Or is Kid Vulcan a fourth sibling?
March 04, 2006 08:40PM
yeah i know. hence my not even going to read this damn thing.

enough is enough realy now.

it's called Continuity people! something Marvel USED to pride themselves on.

March 04, 2006 08:45PM
you know to be fair it does sound like an intriguing premsis but the whole "Summers brother" and some more crap.... just turns me off.

March 04, 2006 09:14PM
Adam X is not the 3rd Summers Brother. Nor was it ever concretely proven that he was. But there is a 3rd Summers brother and he's in reality, this character from Deadly Genesis [which is supposed to be from before Giant Sized # 1 which is during Marvel's Silver Age so Kid Vulcan isn't as cheesy as it could have been].

And Adam X was a crappy plot device this is better. I don't understand how people can just shoot things down and never even read a panel of the book...
March 04, 2006 11:22PM
well for your information i have gone and looked at it and still found it wanting.

the fact that Scott met his brother and Xavier erased his memory was contrived, the whole "oh wait i was raised among the Shi-ar as a slave, then escaped one night and magically wound up on earth was appalling. Not to mention where did an alien (i presume) get a book on greek mythology?

and if he wasn't created by D'ken and raised by the Shi-ar then how come Cosair doesn't even mention him in 20 years?

Or what about this? Sinister creates him in a lab... yeah and then proceeds to loose him to Xavier??? no that doesn't work either.

all i can say is this is not being considered by me to be cannon in the least.

again while the idea of Xavier forming a group to rescue the originals and they fail is fine and he hides it, having the long lost summers bro be in it is just to far fetched.

his whole dream training them while plausible (he once taught Illayna english while she slept remember) ultimatly the body wont respond as well as it could had the training actually been done in real time. I believe this is why for the "new" X-men, he chose characters that were at least somewhat experianced (wolverine, sunfire, Banshee) to pick up the slack from the novices (colossus, nightcrawler, Thunderbird).

and he would have much to answer for should that secret ever come out.

again my problem is with execution... not intent.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.