Jaimie Maddrox the multiple man new stats?

Posted by junderway 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Jaimie Maddrox the multiple man new stats?
February 22, 2006 03:50PM
Has anyone been reading the new X-factor? I used to love this guy from in x-factor 71 and on. He always seemed to be made a little underrated. In the new x-factor he is team leader and is taking more of a front role. The new issues talk a lot about his duplicates being out in society doing things, learning things, and then getting reabsorbed. When he reabsorbs them he gains the knowledge the clone. For instance he seems to have passed the legal bar exam. Now perhaps it is a bit soon for this but dont you think his stats should reflect multiple experiences of his clones. Either through a vast increase of talents more reason, fighting, perhaps strength and agility? I think we shall see more of this in the new x-factors. What does everyone think? Oh and we won a million dollars on Who wants to be a millionaire so resources to go up. Phone a friend, which was himself. God I love this guy.

Current

Fighting Good
Agility Good
Strength Typical
Endurance Excellent
Reason Good
Intuition Typical
Psyche Good

Health 46
Karma 26
Resources Poor
Popularity 0

Student, Genetics, Martial Arts C

Id like to see

Fighting Excellent
Agility Excellent
Strength Excellent
Endurance Excellent
Reason Excellent
Intuition Typical
Psyche Good

Health 80
Karma 26
Resources Excellent
Popularity 0

Student, Genetics, All Martial Arts, Artist, Leadership, Law, Acrobatics
Re: Jaimie Maddrox the multiple man new stats?
February 22, 2006 04:24PM
I see no evidence for Excellent Strength, or indeed Excellent Reason.

Most of his skills he only has a year of training in, two or three at the most. I'd give him Acrobatics, Genetics, Law, Leaping and Tumbling, Martial Arts A and C, Multilingual (a whole bunch, including Russian and Hawaiian), and Thrown Weapons (I could have sworn that playing card trick was Bullseye only).

-Wal
February 22, 2006 04:56PM
Reason is define as two things raw intellect and accumalation of knowledge. One year of training multiple by a few hundred times. Also if someone can pass a bar exam they are probably no joke intellect wise. Like wise if he has multiples weightlifting alot and reabsorbs them you have to assume that increases strength. If he has multiples learning martial arts all over the place that has to increase fighting. Like i said this may be a bit too soon. But I think of the course of the next few months we are going to see he is far more skilled then we give him credit for. I mean the experience of a 100 lives in 1 years time is 100 years of experiencend training. 2 years 200 years. In 10 years he will have acquired 1,000 years of life time experience. That is Thor like experience.
magickal
February 23, 2006 02:56AM
Sounds like a great self-duplication power stunt he pulled off. Each of his duplicates though might in game terms have to earn the karma and spend all the time learning these talents.
February 23, 2006 06:06AM
magickal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like a great self-duplication power stunt
> he pulled off. Each of his duplicates though might
> in game terms have to earn the karma and spend all
> the time learning these talents.

Ya, I agree that seems to be exactly how it would be in game terms. All of his multiples going out living their own lives gaining karma. THen when he reabsorbs them he gains all their karma. Pretty cool I think.
February 23, 2006 07:16AM
It's possible that in game terms the multiple's out learning and then being reabsorbed could just be the explanation for gaining new talents. Normally the character has to go to classes or something. In this way he can have his character doing normal things while his dupes are off learning. If it were merely a power stunt it would be too powerful to allow. But if he is spending the karma as normal and this is the explanation for why he's advancing it is a great role-playing move.
February 23, 2006 08:38AM

It also seems a potnetially dangerous power. Afterall, people are shaped by their experiences. So what if if some of those clones start having some negative experiences, and then each of them introduce that negativity back into the real Maddrox? Dark Maddrox?!

Anyway, this guys gotta throw down against Flashback. Hehehehehe ....
February 23, 2006 08:51AM
Powersurge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > It also seems a potnetially dangerous power.
> Afterall, people are shaped by their experiences.
> So what if if some of those clones start having
> some negative experiences, and then each of them
> introduce that negativity back into the real
> Maddrox? Dark Maddrox?!
>
> Anyway, this guys gotta throw down against
> Flashback. Hehehehehe ....

Its seems this may be what is happening. One of his clones, the x-factor clone, diobeyed him and pushed rictor off a building instead of saving him like he was supposed to. His powers seem to be very unclear as to the multiple personalities. They are all separate people and the same person all at the same time. Even Madrox seems to get confused. In the last issue he says he doesnt know if he ever had sex before, but his multiples had.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.