Most Powerful Team You could make

Posted by junderway 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Most Powerful Team You could make
February 21, 2006 10:09PM
If you could pick 5 guys for a new superteam what five guys would you choose? So that everyone does not say Thor, silver surfer, and other omega level guys lets say limit the team to one omega level hero.
Epyon
Re: Most Powerful Team You could make
February 22, 2006 09:14AM
I'm confused here. If you're trying to create the most powerful team, why limit yourself to just one Omega type?

Anyway, if I had to choose just one Omega type, I would be torn between Thor and Iron Man. I would normally go with Thor--the definition of Omega, but Iron Man is almost as powerful, and he gives you a lot of other things (versatility, genius intellect, and the ability to increase his already vast power by tapping into external energy sources).
February 22, 2006 10:14AM
I limited it to one omega because power is not always found in raw power but in a diverse team. So to keep us trying to be a bit more crative. Otherwise, we would all be picking many of the same heroes, Thor, surfer, strange, hulk ect.

Also not to digrese is Iron Man Omega level? Do we really put him in the same catagory as Surfer, Thor, Superman? I always put him just one tier below.
Epyon
February 22, 2006 12:16PM
If you mean the most effective or best all-around team, I understand your point. That's a whole different ball of wax, IMHO. You'd want a resident genius type with a ton of different weapons systems (Iron Man), one "muscle" guy (Thor or the Surfer), a psionic (Jean Grey or Psylocke), a tactical/leadership guy (Captain America or Cyclops), and one "wild card" whose powers can affect just about anyone (Scarlet Witch or Monica Rambeau).

As for Iron Man being an Omega class character, it really depends on which suit of armor you're talking about.

The SKIN armor was almost as durable as adamantium, so you'd figure that would put Iron Man in the Omega class (check out Auntie's stats for this uber-armor on this site--he could DEFINITELY tangle with the likes of Thor and the Surfer in those duds!!!).

The Hulkbuster armor enabled Iron Man to lift (press) 175 tons, so that would put him in the Omega class as well.

The Thorbuster armor enabled Iron Man to go one on one with an Odin-powered Thor--that would put him above and beyond the Omega class. Of course, that armor was powered by an Asgardian power gem.

But even in his standard, less powerful armor, Iron Man has defeated several foes with Class 100 strength (such as the Hulk, Goliath and Hercules). That would seem to put him in the Omega class.
Joe
February 22, 2006 01:47PM
Super-Adaptoid
Mimic (616)
Absorbing Man
Gideon
Taskmaster
Epyon
February 22, 2006 02:10PM
Taskmaster would have no chance against an Omega type character.

Wasn't Gideon beaten by Night Thrasher?!?
Joe
February 22, 2006 02:15PM
Taskmaster would be part of a team. Plus it is not what they could do alone, but what they could do as a team. I think there is great potential in this group.
February 22, 2006 03:18PM
Joe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Super-Adaptoid
> Mimic (616)
> Absorbing Man
> Gideon
> Taskmaster
>

I like that grouping. Its got a lot of potentional as a team. Here is mine

Multiple Man ( This guy to me is amazing, seems like his stats need to be redone, i might start a thread on it)
Dr. strange ( this would me my omega, I choose him for his diversity)
Strong guy (everone needs a strong hero, and i've seen this guy go toe to toe with hulk, for melee he is a great poor mans hulk)
Invisible Woman (Often underrated but her shields bar none are awsome team support)
Crystal (her diverse control of elements makes her the big offensive gun)
magickal
February 23, 2006 02:51AM
Reed Richards-Good leader and Tech wiz
Silver surfer would be my resident omega-can add muscle, detection, healing, etc.
Emma frost-powerful telepath & leadership skills
Forge-magician and imagine how he and Reed could compliment each other
She-hulk-good team player, not quite and omega character but can mix it up with the big boys

February 23, 2006 08:07AM
Epyon Wrote:
> Wasn't Gideon beaten by Night Thrasher?!?

Gideon had his @#$%& handed to him by the Thrash-Man, simply because Gideon is a wimp without his duplicating abilities, and Thrash has no powers to duplicate.

I always loved that issue of New Warriors :D

Skarlett da Night Thrashin' Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
February 23, 2006 08:22AM
Here my most powerful/capable group of .... Canadians?!

Wolverine - leadership, infiltration/stealth, HTH combat
Persuasion (aka Purple Girl) - psionic mind controller
Jeffries-Box - hvy. muscle, versatility, keen techno.intuition, uber-kitbasher
Graviton - Master of Gravity. Nuff said.
Talisman (aka Mike Twoyoungmen, aka Shaman) - mystic en pare with Dr. Strange.
February 23, 2006 09:24AM
Want a powerful team without using the ol' standby's everyone else does? I've got one for you:

Black Panther - Ruler of a nation (resources), great leader, in the upper echeleon of skilled fighters.

Sage - Not the most powerful telepath, but she's proven it's not the power, but how you use it (She's constantly bested Emma Frost and Lady Mastermind). Top that with an excellent tactical (computer) mind, a storehouse of techincal knowledge and designs, the ability to alter powers, and the lady's a scrapper to boot. :D

Sersi - An Eternal with the ability to transmute matter, teleport, fly, cast illusions, and a bunch of other crap. She's gone toe-to-toe with some of the best (including Exodus, now THAT was a fight).

Colossus - Resident brick and all-round lovable fellow. He also brings to the table years of experience, and being able to call upon the X-men is a major plus.

Sentry - Super strength, speed, intellect, light manipulation; the team powerhouse.

My Femme Fatale 5:

Sage - same reasons as above.

She Hulk- Super strong, wise crackin' vixen she is.

Nova - Former herald of Galactus. She would be the resident omega.

Black Widow - stealth, skill, leadership, melee combat, she brings all and more to the table.

Mystique - My wild card, my ace in the hole.

More to come...

Skarlett da Team-Buildin' Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

February 23, 2006 10:35AM
Skarlett Spyder Wrote:
> Want a powerful team without using the ol'
> standby's everyone else does? I've got one for
> you:
>
> Black Panther - Ruler of a nation (resources),
> great leader, in the upper echeleon of skilled
> fighters.
>
> Sage - Not the most powerful telepath, but she's
> proven it's not the power, but how you use it
> (She's constantly bested Emma Frost and Lady
> Mastermind). Top that with an excellent tactical
> (computer) mind, a storehouse of techincal
> knowledge and designs, the ability to alter
> powers, and the lady's a scrapper to boot.
>
> Sersi - An Eternal with the ability to transmute
> matter, teleport, fly, cast illusions, and a bunch
> of other crap. She's gone toe-to-toe with some of
> the best (including Exodus, now THAT was a
> fight).
>
> Colossus - Resident brick and all-round lovable
> fellow. He also brings to the table years of
> experience, and being able to call upon the X-men
> is a major plus.
>
> Sentry - Super strength, speed, intellect, light
> manipulation; the team powerhouse.
>
>
GREAT TEAM BUT I WOULD SAY SENTRY AND SERSI ARE BOTH OMEGA CLASS.

My Femme Fatale 5:
>
> Sage - same reasons as above.
>
> She Hulk- Super strong, wise crackin' vixen she
> is.
>
> Nova - Former herald of Galactus. She would be the
> resident omega.
>
> Black Widow - stealth, skill, leadership, melee
> combat, she brings all and more to the table.
>
> Mystique - My wild card, my ace in the hole.
>
>
> More to come...
>
>
>
> Skarlett da Team-Buildin' Spyder
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> --------
>
> It never hurts to help!! ~ Eek the Cat

Ajax
February 23, 2006 11:21AM
For this list a time machine would be needed but...

Thomas Jefferson

Sylvia Plath

Jim Morrison

Rita Hayworth

Elvis

Both John Paul Jones's ( naval capt. & Led Zepplin bass player )
February 23, 2006 11:23AM
I that case, I would have to drop Sentry and add:

Scarlet Spider - Just cuz I can :) More versatile than the true Spiderman (IMHO), Mr. Reily would be more than enough for team wildcard.

Skarlett da Self-Pluggin' Spyder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2006 11:24AM by Skarlett Spyder.
Joe
February 24, 2006 03:50PM
Dr. Doom
Magneto
Black Panther
Nick Fury
Namor
Joe
February 24, 2006 04:47PM
I think the following would be a great team.

(1) Dr. Doom
(2) Warlock
(3) Forge
(4) Jeffries (Box)
(5) Super-Adaptoid

I think with the combined Intelligence of Doom, Forge, Warlock & Super-Adaptoid, there is nothing they cannot create. Having Super-Adaptoid, Warlock and Jeffries on the team, is like having a traveling high tech lab. They can make anything they need on the spot.
February 24, 2006 08:10PM
If we're going off of just heroes in the Marvel U, the team i would put together is -

Cyclops - Been training to be a leader since he was a teenager, and has been there/done that as far as types of foes he's faced. And his optic blasts are really no joke.

Captain Marvel [Gennis Vel] - He brings the Cosmic element to the team without being rediculously cosmic powered. I'd also take Cosmic Awareness as a substitute for not having blatant telepathy, not to mention the versatility Captain Marvel offers.

Quicksilver [Pre house of M] - One of the fastet men in the Marvel Earth. Most modern marvel writers recognize the threat this speedster pozes

Human Torch - Johnny's flame powers are unmatched on the Marvel Earth, and without going cosmic, Johnny is the most potent flame wielder you can get. He's a team player, good at playing the support role in tandem with anyone on the team. Did i mention the Nova Flame? he has a Nova Flame.

Marvel Girl/Phoenix [Rachel Summers-Grey] - This girl is the total package. She has the potential to weild the powers of the phoenix, but even when she isn't going all entity like, she's a top notch telepath and telekinetic. She's the Omega i pick for my team

February 25, 2006 08:48AM
capocastillo Wrote:
> If we're going off of just heroes in the Marvel U,
> the team i would put together is -
>
> Cyclops - Been training to be a leader since he
> was a teenager, and has been there/done that as
> far as types of foes he's faced. And his optic
> blasts are really no joke.
>
> Captain Marvel - He brings the Cosmic element to
> the team without being rediculously cosmic
> powered. I'd also take Cosmic Awareness as a
> substitute for not having blatant telepathy, not
> to mention the versatility Captain Marvel offers.
>
> Quicksilver - One of the fastet men in the Marvel
> Earth. Most modern marvel writers recognize the
> threat this speedster pozes
>
> Human Torch - Johnny's flame powers are unmatched
> on the Marvel Earth, and without going cosmic,
> Johnny is the most potent flame wielder you can
> get. He's a team player, good at playing the
> support role in tandem with anyone on the team.
> Did i mention the Nova Flame? he has a Nova
> Flame.
>
> Marvel Girl/Phoenix - This girl is the total
> package. She has the potential to weild the
> powers of the phoenix, but even when she isn't
> going all entity like, she's a top notch telepath
> and telekinetic. She's the Omega i pick for my
> team
>
>

Day to day she is not really Omega, but marvel is isnt he?
Joe
February 25, 2006 11:28AM
1. Superman (The ultimate tank, superspeed, heat vision, superbreath, flight, super senses & more)
2. Brainiac 5 (Makes Dr. Doom look like a special ed student)
3. Longshot (It never hurts to have the dice on your side)
4. Madrox (All the man power you need)
5. Mimic 616 (Has the powers of the original X-men. I would have him copy the powers of his new teammates. Mimic would have the power of Superman, the intelligence of Brainiac, the luck of Longshot, the telekinesis and telepathy of Marvel Girl and the ability to make up to 40 duplicates with all of the same powers and abilities.)

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.