Fastest Marvel Man

Posted by C William Russette 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re:CAUTION: ultimate xmen spoiler in my post
February 10, 2006 09:15PM
CAUTION: MY PART OF THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILER ON ONE OF THE FIRST 12 "ULTIMATE XMEN" ISSUES
Serafita Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hasn't Quicksilver's speed changed though over the
> years? Isotope E thing or something like that?
>
> Ultimate Quicksilver's speed is apparently stated
> somewhere that he can cross USA in a matter of
> minutes...

That's a good point. I'm re-reading the ULTIMATE X-Men issue where Cyclops is in the Savage Land when Magneto heads off with his Sentinals to the USA (although naughty, that was a GREAT evil idea, that reprograming them to kill everyone without the mutant gene...)
Anyhow, Scott wants to fly the SR-71 (or whatever it is) Blackbird back to the USA, Washington, to help out. Quicksilver says, "Even at full speed, you'll never make it. You're just not fast enough!" and Cyclops says something like, "No, but you are..."

OK, isn't the Blackbird capable of breaking the sound barrier? Maybe Mach II or something? To say Quicksilver is considerably faster is really saying something!
MARK

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2006 09:16PM by Mark.
Re: Fastest Marvel Man
February 11, 2006 10:18AM
what about pulsar, isn't she pretty fast?
February 15, 2006 01:32AM
Pulsar flies though, which doesn't count. I think this thread was about running speed. :)
February 15, 2006 01:01PM
What about the chicks? Fastest female runner that isn't godlike or cosmic?
February 15, 2006 02:29PM
I always thought she could run fast too
February 15, 2006 04:15PM
destiny Wrote:
> What about the ladies?
>
> Spitfire's sh-X land speed (450 mph) should give
> her a place in this thread and
> Bluestreak's sh-Z land speed (750 mph) should also
> give her a comfortable position in this thread...

those are the 2 quickest ladies I know of. Bluestreak is from the MC2 world, so she might not count in 616 universe... she is/was/might be Quicksilver's daughter (Luna?)

Otherwise, the fastest woman on foot seems to be Spitfire... although there might be others. Female speedsters are not that common.

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
February 16, 2006 08:39AM
I've not heard of Spitfire. The Bluestreak that I know is the blue skater that was killed by Scourge. Guess I'm out of the loop.
February 16, 2006 03:48PM
C William Russette Wrote:
> I've not heard of Spitfire. The Bluestreak that I
> know is the blue skater that was killed by
> Scourge. Guess I'm out of the loop.

Bluestreak's bio can be found here... don't know if she's the same as the one you're talking about, but she's definitively blue.
[www.classicmarvel.com]

Spitfire is actually a pretty old character, she was an Invader alongside Namor back in the days... She's not on classicmarvel, but her bio's at Ben Riely's...
[www.angelfire.com]

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2006 03:49PM by destiny.
February 16, 2006 06:00PM
C William Russette Wrote:
> I've not heard of Spitfire. The Bluestreak that I
> know is the blue skater that was killed by
> Scourge. Guess I'm out of the loop.

See Destiny's post for Spitfire, who is trailed by a harmless trail of fire when she runs.

As for Blue Streak, your not too far out of the loop, William, becasue this Blue Streak is a girl, and she's from MC2 or some such thing.

The skater-dude who fought Cap, escaped then ran out of fuel and hitchhiked a ride from a trucker (who just HAPPENED to be Scourge... oooh, bad luck!) was a High Tech agent style bad guy/merc. The new girl has actual powers; I don't think she is Luna, as someone suggested, because she doesn't have a giant oversized head. But she is from a slightly different continuim. Continuum. Continueum. Dimension.
Mark

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."
March 05, 2006 07:24PM
The Fastest Men in Marvel are The Runner (Elder of the Universe),Northstar,Makkari (Eternal),and Hermes (Greek God).
ironhand
March 22, 2006 09:53AM
Hello how are you? The fastest marvel runner is a being named the RUNNER. He is a member of the Elders of the universe, a group of immortals who were one of the first races born after the destuction of the old universe. They also hate Galactus because he is the only survivor of the old universe. Thanks for your time.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.