Fastest Marvel Man

Posted by C William Russette 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fastest Marvel Man
February 07, 2006 08:55AM
I'm curious bout something.

I believe the fastest RUNNING Marvel Character is Quicksilver at a landspeed of 175 mph.

Second is who? Speed Demon at 160 mph? Who are the others?

Northstar and Aurora fly so they don't count. There was a Whizzer in Squadren Supreme. DC has so many, that would smoke Marvel's. I can't even think of any more Marvel runners. No gods like Hermes or Hermod either.

Why doesn't Marvel dig on the fleet footed?
Re: Fastest Marvel Man
February 07, 2006 08:57AM
I see the deceased Thunderbolt could run at a sorry 85 mph.
February 07, 2006 09:01AM
Crimson Commando's buddy Super Sabre but I can't find a speed for him. And he was old.
February 07, 2006 09:18AM
Triathalon, Thunderbird - 35 mph, Whizzer (1) 100 mph, Whizzer (2) ... hmm, this is interesting, he can match Quicksilver at 175 mph. Kudos to him. Big Q can keep it up for four times as long though, mutant endurance?

That seems weak to me. Sup, Marvel?!
G.A.W.
February 07, 2006 09:45AM
The answer is: MAKKARI the Eternal. Like all eternals his life force is augmented by cosmic energy and has the powers of the standard eternal but has focused this on speed. He can run at the speed of MACH 3 ( 1550 miles per hour-roughly )
He can run on water, create water turbulence producing very large waves.
He can also fly at those speeds and shoot beams out of his eyes but other eternals can do that too.
I'm sure there is someone else in the MU that is faster but Makkari is like Marvels version of the Flash ( character wise its really quicksilver ) power wise anyway.
February 07, 2006 09:58AM
Damn! Having never read a single Eternal comic that's how I missed him. He is far and away the lead. But also a flyer. Why run when you can fly though?
February 07, 2006 10:03AM
What about the runner? I believe he can acheive class 3000 speed.
February 07, 2006 10:06AM
There's someone called The Runner? He an immortal or something? Rings a bell.
February 07, 2006 11:01AM

Both Northstar and Aurora are capable of moving at superhuman speeds whether on land or in the air. I'm not sure that their ground speed has ever been timed, but I'd say it at least rivals Quicksilvers.

Of course, neither Northstar or Aurora have superhuman reflexes so running would be a tad bit more dangerous than flying for them. Very short distances, or highly reduced speeds over longer distances.

You should check out the Asgardian Hermod (Her = war, mod = mood; War/riorheart) or the Olympian Hermes (?!? its Greek to me), they should have some decent ground speeds.
February 07, 2006 11:43AM

I just did a search for Hermod and Hermes.

All it says for Hermod (Marvel Directory) is that he can move consdierably faster than your average Asgardian.

The search for Hermes was much more profitable, as he had an entry in the Official Marvel's Handbook Master's Ed.. It states that Hermes can run at "Supersonic" speeds, and defines supersonic as a speed between Mach 2 and Mach 4.6

The Master's Ed. also has Aurora ranked at the speed of sound, while Northstar is ranked as "subsonic" or 250 - 500 mph, along with Quicksilver, Speed Demon, Whizzer (haha, his name cracks me up! (:!D ), and Super Sabre.

The Shi'ar Gladiator is listed as having super-sonic speed. One would imagine that Hyperion also has super-sonic speed, but it entirely leaves ground speed out of his entry. He does have superhuman reflexes and is another Superman-based Marvel character.

Ikaris (the Eternal) and Nefarious both have "superhuman" speed, which is defined as 111 - 115 mph.

The Runner is ranked as having "orbital velocity" (!!) which is defined as Mach 18.7 to Mach 23.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taarna
February 07, 2006 11:44AM
The Lizard could run up to 45 miles per hour. I beleive the Beast could also sprint on all fours.
February 07, 2006 05:14PM
Taarna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Lizard could run up to 45 miles per hour. I
> beleive the Beast could also sprint on all fours.

Wow, really? I didn't know that. Lizard rocks.
February 07, 2006 05:24PM
What about the ladies?

Spitfire's sh-X land speed (450 mph) should give her a place in this thread and
Bluestreak's sh-Z land speed (750 mph) should also give her a comfortable position in this thread...

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2006 05:26PM by destiny.
February 07, 2006 05:32PM
C William Russette Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No gods like
> Hermes or Hermod either.

I can't believe I missed this the first time around. Ooops! Ah well, if you're going to include the Runner ...

Colossus can do something like 45 mph. I betcha Cap. has one helluva sprint too, to say nothing of all of those various animal based characters, eg. Rhino, Puma, Cat-man, etc.
Jack151
February 07, 2006 06:21PM
In MSH terms the Flash has lightning speed at a rank of Cl3000. I think some of the Marvel speedsters might move as fast in the comics, but were toned down so they didn't unbalance the game.
February 07, 2006 07:25PM

I would think not. The first series of Official Handbooks of the Marvel Universe, and all subsequent incarnations, have consistenly ranked the speedsters at levels comparable to the ranks they are given in the rpg. These Handbooks were probably a greater source for determining the stats of established characters than going to the actual panels in the great haystack of Marvel comics. And if nothing else, its doubtful that the Handbooks scaled their info. back to accomodate the game. :)
Jak151
February 07, 2006 07:46PM
Then maybe the Speedforce should be considered alongside the power cosmic I guess?
February 07, 2006 08:42PM
IIRC, Super Sabre was credited with the "4 mile minute" in the comics. That would put him at a speed of 240 miles per hour at a minimum, but the powers that be seem hesitant to grant him a SH*Z(by UPB reckoning) landspeed. It seems that disparate sources have the same characters with different speeds in the MU.
February 07, 2006 10:00PM
First, I should say I agree with your comment on The Wizzer. I've always shook my head when I've seen that name. If Spiderman came up against him, I could just imagine his flip remark: "Don't tell me your power...let me guess; you're going to pee on my leg, right?"
Anywaaay...
I think The Runner is one of those "elders of the universe" (or some name like that) who are immortal, pick some activity and then obsess on it to keep from getting bored to death: Champion is the galaxy's greatest pro wrestler, The Collector has a big ship where he collects bugs, plates and the occasional super-hero. Guess what The Runner does...
MARK

PS You may, with your interest in the fleet of foot, be interested to know that said Runner, I believe, once held a contest to see who was the fasted person in the Marvel universe. Maybe someone can tell you more about that -- I think it'd be the perfect Marvel issue for you, if I've got my facts straight. I do mean well. A little help here?
MARK

"My parents went to The Secret Wars Battleworld and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2006 10:02PM by Mark.
February 10, 2006 08:56AM
Hasn't Quicksilver's speed changed though over the years? Isotope E thing or something like that?

Ultimate Quicksilver's speed is apparently stated somewhere that he can cross USA in a matter of minutes...

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.