New Spider-Man Stats

Posted by BenRiely 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Spider-Man Stats
January 25, 2006 07:03PM
Hello Fellow Marvellites!

As everyone knows, "The Other" Arc in the Spider-Man titles has ended. Some hated it, others liked it. I wrote up some stats and was wonder if I could get some feedback. Thanks

Ben.

Spider-Man

Peter Parker

F) Rm30
A) Am50
S) Am50
E) Am50
R) Ex20
I) Gd10
P) Am50

Health: 180 Karma: 80
Resources: Ty Pop: 30

Known Powers:
Spider-Sense: Mn Buzzing, cannot be blindsided and may make defensive actions if he make a successful power FEAT. Intuition remains same in battle. If sense is nulified, Int. is as listed and all Agility FEATs are at -1cs.
Wall-Crawling: Am, Spider-Man can now adhere objects (ex. person, briefcase) onto his back.
Leaping: Am, up to 3 areas
Balance: Spider-Man's balance allows him to walk a tightrope automatically and a slack with an Agility FEAT. His sense of balance helps him fall up to 3 stories (30 feet) without receiving damage, provided he lands on his feet (Agility FEAT). He can prevent damage from a longer fall by grabbing and swinging off protrusions in the fall's path every 3 stories (flagpole, lampposts, etc.) or using his Web-Shooters, as long as he keeps making Agility FEATs
Web-Shooters: Spider-Man now has organic Web-Shooters, they shoot up to 7 areas, In material strength in round it was fired. Mn in next round. Used for transportation (3 areas/round) and restraining. The following can made with his web:
-Web Shield: Mn
-Web Parachute
-Web Hand-Glider: Ty airspeed
-Web Missile: Ex blunt attack at 3 areas
-Web Slingshot: Able to launch himself over great distances. 1 round to make the slingshot and "prep himself for launch", launch himself up to 10 areas the next round.
-Web Vibrations: Spider-Man's Webbing is able to pick up vibrabations, much like a spider can feel something in its webs, with Am ability. He is able to sense the presence of other and objects the web is attached that were somehow of importance to him.
Insect Communication: Am
Stingers: In material, can inflict up to Rm Edge
Night Vision: Am, Spider-Man suffers no penalties in darkness

Equipment:
Spider-Light: Gd illumination
Spider-Tracer: Am Tracking up to 1 mile

Talents: Photography, Chemistry, Physics, Computers

Contacts: Mary Jane Watson-Parker, Aunt May, Daily Bugle, Midtown High School, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Daredevil/Matt Murdock, The New Avengers
Re: New Spider-Man Stats
January 25, 2006 08:26PM
First IM also a fan of your site, you have done a lot of work and it is appreciated, but as far 50 strength and 50 endurance both are to high Spidey can top out at like 15 tons. Although that's considered a 50 intensity lift (more than 10 tons) I don't think he should have 50 strength or endurance that's a bit high. But I would bump his reason up to 30. Thanks for all the hard work you do (both Auntie P and Big Ben) to help provide us with the best possible stats.
X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(
January 25, 2006 09:10PM
Have you read the latest Spidey issues though? He was seen lifting up large amounts of debris from a building, not like he used to lift, but a whole side of a building. Also, he was seen running through walls by holding his arms out. It has been determined that his Strength, Speed and Agility was enhanced.

Ben
January 26, 2006 04:57AM
Is he still missing an eye?

And, yeah, that's one of the problems with the MSH RPG, especially Strength -- there is at times too broad a gap between benchmarks. Spidey was at the 10 ton mark -- In/40 Str -- but now he can press 15 tons. And if you can press 15 tons, 20 tons, 25 tons, 30 tons, 35 tons, 40 tons, or 45 tons, that's all Am/50 Str.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2006 04:59AM by Dr Archeville.
January 26, 2006 06:59AM
Actually, every scar he had was heal. Even his tonsils returned.
January 26, 2006 01:18PM
..... buh? When'd he get that good a level of regeneration?

And why isn't it listed up in the stats you posted? ;)
January 26, 2006 04:09PM
This was after he emerged from a coccoon, showing his rebirth. It's not so much a power that has been seen yet.
January 27, 2006 05:22PM
Pretty nice stats. =) I'm still surprised that no stats have ever tried to cover his talking ability which the enemy would probably have to roll a psyche feat if their intelligence was below a certain level and if they failed, their fighting ability drops by one temporarily... otherwise, most intelligent villains are immune to Spidey banter UNLESS they have a history with him. :D

It's good that you haven't given Spidey any combat advantages in using his new stingers, as he is still inexperienced with using them, as opposed to Wolverine and his claws (who gains between +1 to +2CS to Fighting depending on which stats you're using).
January 27, 2006 07:52PM
Now, Spidey has shown that he's got faster reaction time to his Spider-Sense. I boosted his Spider-Sense rank up a notch, but I was wondering whether or not I should give him Lightning Speed in some way. Any ideas?
January 28, 2006 08:10AM
Look here ;)
January 28, 2006 09:25AM
I know I posted that. :D What I meant was that since I boosted his Spider-Sense rank give him quicker reactions. I'm holding off until I find out how quick he actually is.

Ben
January 28, 2006 09:33AM
His reaction time is quick because of his Spider Sense. to give him a power that does what Spider Sense is essentially there for is overkill. Plus he's already got AM agility. He's pretty much covered.

Skarlett da "Spider Sense"-itive Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
Manny
January 29, 2006 12:22AM
To All,

Ok as all other characters in the Marvel Universe have advanced and grown it seems that Spidey has stayed in a status of limbo.As I see it here are Spideys stats when fully grown and matured. You can think of it as spidey 2.0.

Spidey 2.0

Fighting: Incredible(experince has pushed him to this level)
Agility: Amazing(as fast as he can get)
Strength: Incredible(goes from lifting 10 tons to 15 tons)
Endurance: Incredible( although tougher, Amazing is a bit of a reach)
Reason: Remarkable(he gets his Ph.D in Chemistry finally)
Intuition:Excellent
Psyche:Amazing(indomintable willpower developed after all these of turmoil and crime-fighting)

Health:170 Karma: 100 Resources: Good to Excellent as research chemist

January 29, 2006 08:04AM
I've seen both the 15 times faster (on the back of a comic card) and 40 times faster (I think from Lex's Marvelite's page before it left and part resurfaced at the wayback machine -- I think his site was approved by marvel) Lex's site also mentioned his whole metabolism changed, which could include not spider sense speed increase, but I can't remember any comic, but his spider sense getting negated screws him over.
February 15, 2006 10:49AM
Hey!!
Don't hate me for this...but...u guys already think about the stats for Spidey in Stark's uniform? With tentacles...
February 15, 2006 06:18PM
Actually, I've got parts of the costume written out... I haven't put them up, because we're not sure what its capable of yet.

Ben
February 16, 2006 06:09PM
Ok, I'll wait. Thx!!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.