Spider-Man and Missed Powers

Posted by BenRiely 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Spider-Man and Missed Powers
December 11, 2005 07:48PM
So, I was looking over some official stats and I noticed that the Beast has powers Balence and Lightning Speed. Don't you suppose that Spider-Man would have something similar to that? I just curious what you guys think.

Ben Riely
Re: Spider-Man and Missed Powers
December 12, 2005 04:17AM
Well, i personnaly think thats the stats are often unbalanced.

As for the Beast, i really don't see him with an hyperspeed better than good. Remarkable seems a bit overrated to me.

To answer your question, if a "balance" power is given to the beast, i would also give it to Spidey, yes. Perhaps a bit lessened, as the webcrawler relies more on his webs than on feline acrobatics.

For the lightning speed power (which, by the way, should be Hyper-running, and not speed) i would not give it to spiderman, as i don't remember having seen him go much faster than a normal man, except for his aerial stunts.

On the other hand, i would definitely give spidey hyper leaping if the beast has it (at amazing! boys! must be kidding! it's a 7 areas range with a red feat! totally out of league for the beast if you ask me. His strength is more than enough to picture his leaping abilities). But as i don't give it to Beast, spidey won't have either, as his strength is enough to leap, with a red feat, 40 feet+one area (that's 44 yards if i recall)> quite an impressive distance.

On on more global scale, i think many stats demand corrections, for the sake of consistency. Not everyone has the same vision of a specific character (see the thread about Cap!), but at least, it would be better to keep a balance bewtween our heroes and villains.

Katares.

------

'Colossus, Fastball special ! I want to see how well these creeps take their own medicine !'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2005 04:20AM by Katares.
December 12, 2005 06:46AM
This comes from the Marvel Handbook, but this was when Beast was in X-Factor and contracted a disease that made him stronger. Lightning Speed was shown as such. Thanks for the feedback!

Ben
December 12, 2005 03:16PM
You all must remember that Lightning Speed and Hyper Speed are two different powers. Hyper Speed allows one to accelerate (instantly I believe) to their max ground speed, and stop as well. Hyper Speed allows one to complete an action faster, or gain extra actions (depending on how one plays it).

Beast has proven to have Lightning Speed, being able to move quickly from one place to another overland when using all fours. So to answer your question, I would give neither to Spider-Man, and would only give Beast Lightning Speed (or Hyper Running as Katares pointed out). I use the same reasoning as Katares for my answers.

Skarlett da Lightnin' Fast Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2005 03:20PM by Skarlett Spyder.
December 12, 2005 04:27PM
Alright, the speed thing I understand, but did you mean the balance as well?

Ben
December 23, 2005 07:26AM
I read up about Spider-Main from the OHTTMU 2005 book for him, and it stated his strength levels have increased from his 'devolution and evolution' to roughly 15 ton-strength. Also, don't forget the whole spider-talking thing too... :D
Joe
December 26, 2005 10:05AM
I had a question about Spiderman strength and Venom. In the official write ups, Venom can lift slightly under 11 tons. This is only 700 lbs more than Spiderman can lift, but Venom is given Am (50) strength, while Spiderman only has In (40) strength. That never made sense to me. Also if Spiderman can now lift 15 tons, does that mean his strength will be raised to Am (50)?
Ryan Briggans-Jones
December 27, 2005 11:20AM
When he fought Tremor Spidey could catch 10 tons of ruble in a web, with one hand. So his strength would be hightened to Am(50) of some difficulty. However just because he has some trouble lifting 10 tons in normal circumstances with one hand doesn't mean that he has trouble lifting buildings under more extreme circumstances. It also depends on endurance. In his first battles he could be knocked unconscious by strong blows to he base of the head, but in the battle against Ezeckiel he held out longer. He fought for 12 hours of intense fighting in his first fight against Morlun.
January 06, 2006 12:16AM
Looks like Spider-Man needs to have "Used to have powers" section containing his one-time shed skin/resurrection/heal ability as well now. :D

His "power up" scene when he lets the spider loose looks like it's out of an anime or manga scene, but even so, it may be enough for a write up. :D

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.