House of M - The Scarlet Witch [may contain spoilers, but #8 is already out...]

Posted by capocastillo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
House of M - The Scarlet Witch [may contain spoilers, but #8 is already out...]
November 12, 2005 07:26PM
No More Mutants...

So Wanda pulled off some pretty crazy effects. Anyone care to give a write up of the Avengers Disassembled/House of M Scarlet Witch and her powers?
Re: House of M - The Scarlet Witch [may contain spoilers, but #8 is already out...]
November 13, 2005 05:37AM
Take the stats from here, and replace her Mn/75 Probability Field Alteration and all her magic spells with C5000 Reality Alteration, stating that it's her Mutant power to manipulate magical energies.
Re: House of M - The Scarlet Witch [may contain spoilers, but #8 is already out...]
November 13, 2005 08:05AM
Someone care to give a quick blurb on just what happened?

Skarlett da Curious Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
November 13, 2005 03:57PM
Wanda went insane, and they retconned it so her Mutant power really is the ability to affect magical energies, not simple probability fields. Everytime she used heer power, her mind fractured a bit, b/c she'd never had any training in using her powers like a true mage would (despite all the lessons she got from Harkness). She remembered her sons, went insane from losing them (despite this bit already being resolved... twice). She went insane, tried to kill the Avengers (b/c, as an Avenger, her life had been nothing but pain), but Dr. Strange popped in and lobotomized her. Magneto came and took her body back to Genosha, where he & Xavier hoped to cure her, but they couldn't. Realizing this, the Avengers (and Spider-Man) wentto Genosha to go kill her, just as Quicksilver was telling Wanda to use her powers to make everyone happy by giving everyone their wishes. She did, and that's where the <i>House of M</i> thing starts. Heroes eventually regain their memories of how things should be (thanks to a lil' girl who has the Mutant power to make people remember/see alternate realities -- possibly a fragment of Xavier's mind), and went to stop her. Wanda freaks, screams "No More Mutants!," and world is engulfed in white (again). Things are then back to normal 616 goodness... except now less than 200 Mutants retain their powers. Wolverine and Nightcralwer still have theirs, but Iceman and Magneto have lost there. Wanda's no where to be seen, and Xavier's still MIA.
November 14, 2005 10:13AM
Dr Archeville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Things are then back
> to normal 616 goodness... except now less than 200
> Mutants retain their powers. Wolverine and
> Nightcralwer still have theirs, but Iceman and
> Magneto have lost there. Wanda's no where to be
> seen, and Xavier's still MIA.

that's pretty much it, except this part which is actually wrong! There are a lot more than 198 mutants left, the 198 title will introduce 198 NEW characters which should become the next wave of uber-popular characters (what a great idea 8-) ) anyway, if a MU character isn't a mutant, there won't be any changes, but if he/she is a mutant, they might get radical transformation...

the following characters have been depowered after HoM (the are no longer mutants... spoiler!) (highlight to see)

Iceman, Blob, Jubilee,
Jonothan Starksmore and possibly more

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
November 14, 2005 01:26PM

that's pretty much it, except this part which is actually wrong! There are a lot more than 198 mutants left, the 198 title will introduce 198 NEW characters which should become the next wave of uber-popular characters
Buh? I flipped through HoM #8, they were looking at Cerebro, seeing how few 'blips' there were (Beast said there had been tens of thousands, Cyke said a million). This is the first I've heard of the "198" referring to the number of all-new characters being introduced, and not the number of Mutants who're still... Mutant-y. Where'd you hear that?
November 14, 2005 06:16PM
[comics.ign.com]

an interview with David Hyne who will write the 198...

he said:

IGN Comics: What's the concept behind 198 and how important will it be to the future of the X-franchises?

Hine: Most of the mutants are gone. The ones who are left are A-list character... and the 198.

My plan is to make the 198 the new A-list.

from that I deduced that 198 isn't the number of mutants left, but more like a book that will feature the 198 other mutants that aren't A-list... and that are either new or little known.

-Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it.
November 14, 2005 06:57PM
Hrrrmmm....
November 15, 2005 05:37PM
There's also a Claremont written by Claremont, called House of M aftermath or something. You can see in various panels those who lost their powers. House of M # 8 shows one of them as well.
FOOM
November 17, 2005 05:53AM
So is House of M going to be another Heroes Reborn/Return or a separate and distinct universe like the Ultimates?
November 17, 2005 11:21AM
FOOM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So is House of M going to be another Heroes
> Reborn/Return or a separate and distinct universe
> like the Ultimates?

From what I've read and understand, House of M will in fact be THE original, everyday, 616 universe we've all been reading since the beginning. House of M will make drastic, permanent(?) changes to the universe we know.

Again, it will not be an alternate/side universe, but the actual 616 universe that we know.

Skarlett da Explanatory Spyder

________________________________________________________________________________
"All who wander are not lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

"History and experience have taught us that the oldest among our kind invariably prove the most formidable." Sage, X-Treme X-Men #43

"You leap like a hyena in heat!!" Conan to Wolverine, What If...? #16

"Useless, all useless...I was once a MAN!!" Cobra Commander, G.I. Joe the Movie
FOOM
November 17, 2005 12:50PM
Thanks.
November 17, 2005 02:19PM
I have serious doubts Marvel intends to have Magneto depowered permanently. Ditto on Iceman. And even if they intend to... get it a couple years... or until the next batch of writers... they'll be back (especially Magneto).
November 17, 2005 08:27PM
please!

in the next 2 years, all the depowered characters will be back with their full powers if not more... and it will go back as if HoM had never existed!

If they only depowered the likes of Stacy X, it would be great if they never were seen ever again, but with the likes of Mags, Iceman, Jubes, Blob and Chamber being a few of the depowered people, it is extremely likely that they WILL get their powers back... Some of these characters (Mags and Iceman) have been around since the X-Men debuted and are extremely popular and beloved, and quite a few others have a long history and are also well known... eventually some writer will want to use one of these characters and they will find a way to give them back their powers... or they will give them all new powers if their original powers were too lame... (Blob...)

They'll hold them depowered for a few months and then they just won't care what happens.

November 19, 2005 05:16PM
It's interesting how the House of M storyline has affected various people other than mutants. Spider-man would be a prime example, having been given a life with Gwen, her father and his father, and now back to normal again. During the HoM storyline, after realising the truth, he swore to Logan that he would very likely kill Magneto and his children if he ever ran into them again. ::!o

Probably the funnest part of the Spider-Man arc in the HoM series was that Rhino was a bodyguard, and a buddy. :D
FOOM
November 20, 2005 03:36PM
I am going to have to buy the tradepaper back collection of these issues. Thanks for the extra detailt in the storyline. My wallet ain't happy , but is it ever?

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.