Caps strength part 2

Posted by Fan of your site 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Caps strength part 2
August 28, 2005 03:39PM
Thank you all for responding so quickly, and I understand all of the points that you all make, also if I may I would like to make another personal view of it so maybe you all can see where IM going with this. You know in today's world they put in new stipulations, in professional sports and entertainment and of course the Olympics, about steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, now you all have seen or heard of various records that had been broken in professional sports and entertainment, now correct me if IM wrong but these individuals are considered to be the best athletes in their respective fields of the games. But those that use any performance enhancing drugs are bigger, stronger, and faster and in turn make them better, that's why in my opinion Cap would have Rm (30) strength as opposed to say Batman's Ex (20) Strenght. As it is always stated about Cap in description, his overall body is the pinnacle of human perfection and he possesses Strenght, agility, endurance, speed, and reflexes superior to any Olympic - level athlete, doesn't that sound like someone who can break records, do you think its because of the preformance enhancing drug called (Operation Rebirth AKA Super-Soldier Serum ) Now I know about how rules are described in marvel systems, I just saying about the most current published system by marvel is the new Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game (In 2003) and in that book again his strength is listed as 4 and in the book terms that's 1,000 to 2 tons of muscle power and in the same series books in comparison MURG Guide to the Hulk & the Avengers, we know that the Jack of Hearts has Rm (30) strength right, and he is listed as 4 and we also know that Songbird has Rm (30) strength and in the book she is also listed as 4. So again thank you all for letting me post with you guys Love your site, tell me what you think
doc xaos
Re: Caps strength part 2
August 28, 2005 04:33PM
ultimate Cap is as strong as Spidey.At least.
CrawlerFan99
September 07, 2005 01:15AM
Well, these benchmarks are a little old... maybe they just need to be updated. By now many other heroes can hit that 100+ Ton level that was at one point almost no man's land (anyone remember the series 1 marvel cards where they mentioned some character's peak lifting abilities?). Also, anyone seen the Saga rules system? I like it a lot because it allows for less limited gameplay as far as exact weight maximums in lifting (plus the stats are much newer than the original game). In any event, Cap has a 10 (peak human) in his physical stats and the conversion chart that is included in the game equates that to his (still unchanged) Strength of EX 20 and Agility of IN 40. Of course, in the comic world (as in the game world) character's are constantly improving (Spidey with his new web powers, for example), so no one will stop you from playing Cap and trying to raise his original abilities on your own. The problem here is that any Judge would probably need some sort of external cause for him reaching "superhuman" levels that he would be unable to attain doing push-ups and hitting weights (say another improved serium that somehow gets developed).
September 08, 2005 07:49AM
Ultimate Spidey is still stronger than Ultimate Cap... there was a part where Spidey was being blackmailed to help Green Goblin, and in a 'pushing' match against each other, Spider-Man was clearly winning with Cap struggling whilst talking to him.

In regards to the first part, Batman, though listed as Excellent strength, had problems lifting anywhere near 800lb as shown back in that Venom graphic novel...
Batlurker
September 08, 2005 03:02PM
Actually that's not entirely true. In the 1980's he held a 1,000-lb trap "floor" above his head with arms extended. It was a trap by Maxie Zeus designed to crush Batman. The idea was that eventually Batman would tire and get crushed by it.
CrawlerFan99
September 09, 2005 12:15AM
A red strength feat, right? Anyone see Cap or Batman ever lift in the 2-10 ton range? Apparently the scores are still valid.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.