Duke's of Hazzard

Posted by Saint Xanatos 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Duke's of Hazzard
June 30, 2005 04:36PM
Due to the upcoming movie, and also due to the fact that I have never seen the Dukes of Hazzard, I was wondering if somebody could stat these guys for me. All I knows about them is the fact that they have an orange car (The General Lee) and something about dynamite arrows?

Anyway, this would really help me out.

I HAVE COME TO REAP THE SOULS OF THE LIVING!!!!!
And perhaps, order a burger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2005 04:37PM by Saint Xanatos.
Re: Duke's of Hazzard
June 30, 2005 06:43PM
Hmm...

Bo and Luke Duke (Same Stats)

F: Gd
A: Gd
S: Ty
E: Ty
R: Pr
I: Pr
P: Ty

Powers
Holding Car together: Amazing
They have the ability to make their car survive insane jumps repeatedly using a "roll bar" or something...

talents:
Stunt Driving

THe Duke brothers are a pair of country boys who like to make trouble for the local law who have made a small monarchy out of the local area. While not bright, educated, or particularly talented at much they are good at causing trouble and driving cars.
June 30, 2005 07:22PM
Any more? Talents, Equipment, anything?

I HAVE COME TO REAP THE SOULS OF THE LIVING!!!!!
And perhaps, order a burger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2005 07:22PM by Saint Xanatos.
June 30, 2005 09:24PM
General Lee

Control: Good
Speed: Incredible/Amazing
Body: Amazing
Protection: Good

I'd also think about giving Archery to Luke, and Bo seems to be a bit 'o' a ladies man, maybe a whisker of seduction???. They can both repair the lee but Cooter is much better (and faster). Also both are able horseman. Hmm maybe even Detective as they are pretty good at spotting a con, know what rosco is going to do and lastly seem to pick up the small clues to whatever misadventure they end up in.

Uncle Jesse would have to have some l33t skillz including sleight of hand, detective, moon-shinin', Actor, Animal training, local trivia, Forgery, Disguise, Law,

Daisy has got to have a bit o seduction, bar tending and stunt driving also a bit of sleight of hand

OK, that's it my brain is going to have an 80's trivia meltdown..

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
July 04, 2005 06:38AM
I think the theme song sums it up pretty good

"Just two good old boys, never meanin' no harm....
Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born.

Straightenin' the curves, flattenin' the hills....
Someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will.

Makin' their way, the only way they know how...
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

Just two good ol' boys, wouldn't change if they could,
Fightin' the system like two modern-day Robin Hoods..."

oh tand the General Lee is a Dodge Charger RT (though sometimes they used a Challengersince they look so similar)
July 04, 2005 01:23PM
while your at it give us stats for the A-Team!
Ah Pity da foo' who doesn't like the A-team, he is just a dirty mudsucka :D
July 05, 2005 10:14PM
Sorry dude but there was no 68' Challenger and the Challenger and the Charger did not look alike. The Challenger is a pony car and the Charger was not. Sorry im a big MOPAR fan.

Thanks,
Sid

Live Fast, Live Hard and Play it Loud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2005 10:16PM by Sidious.
July 08, 2005 04:17PM
yes, so am I
and you can look it up
they looked similar enough that they were able to use some Challengers in the jumps
almost every jump destroyed the car

Sidious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry dude but there was no 68' Challenger and the
> Challenger and the Charger did not look alike. The
> Challenger is a pony car and the Charger was not.
> Sorry im a big MOPAR fan.

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
A third less filling, Green Lantern Lite!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2005 04:18PM by swirler.
July 08, 2005 09:15PM
Well even though I already knew I did look it up. Heres a link [www.allpar.com] and the text from that page.

The Challenger project was first started in about 1965 as Dodge's answer to the pony car. Carl Cameron refined the car for some time, and, by 1968, they were building 1970 Challenger prototypes. Finally, in the fall of 1969, Dodge finally introduced the E bodies. With a choice of nine engines, from a slant-six Coupe (and, starting in February, a Deputy) to an R/T Hemi, and eighteen colors, the Challenger offered a lot of choice.

The E-body tag reflected current Chrysler Corp. body styles: the compacts were As, mid-size to large were B, and C and D were reserved for oversized Chrysler models. The E was built off a shortened B platform.

Tom Murden mentioned that the Plymouth 'Cuda was an inch too short for Can-Am - the Challenger, being an inch longer, was raced in Can-Am, and the 'Cuda remained in Trans Am.

[Dan Harling:] By 1970, the list of E-bodies included an R/T, SE, and T/A, a variety of engines including the Hemi.

Here's another article. [www.chicagolandmopar.com] and its text stating the Challenger was only produced from 70 - 74.

HISTORY
To compete in the Ponycar and muscle car market, Chrysler designed the Dodge Challenger. It was designed to compete against the Mustangs, GTOs and the Camaros but other manufacturers had a three-year head start. To make things worse, by the time the Dodge Challenger program was approved, the Ponycar was into it's second generation.

The Dodge Challenger was not an original design from scratch, Chrysler management would not allow the new development costs. The first step for PERFORMANCE reasons was to allow all of the Chrysler engines to be put in the Challenger. In order to accomplish this, Chrysler borrowed the K member support from the "B" body Charger and put it in the Challenger. With this support, they could now put the big block 440 and the 426 HEMI in the Challenger. The intent was to use the "A" body Barracuda frame but it wouldn't allow the K member to fit, so some redesigning was done that widened the frame. Along with this came the idea to redesign the outer body for a sleek long look to complement the widened stance. Its stance was 5 inches wider than the Ford Mustang. The final wheelbase was 110" on the Challenger, and 191 inches in length, 2 inches longer than any other Ponycar. It was in production for only 4 years, 1970 - 1974.

Once again sorry but the Challenger was not introduced until 1970. A 68 Dodge Charger, or even a 69 Dodge Charger look nothing like a 70 Challenger.

By the way, I also work at one of the largest auto parts stores in the country so I have a lot of research behind me.

Sid

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2005 09:21PM by Sidious.
July 09, 2005 05:30AM
the "General" was supposed to be a 69, though 70's were often used. To the casual onlooker, ie. people watching tv, the challenger and the charger can look similar. Especially if painted to look the same. When they are jumping and wrecking a car, do you HONESTLY think they cared about the engine or anything else.
Are the cars exactly alike? no
do they look similar? YES
the Challenger is a lil more rounded, but from a distance they look close enough
thats what I'm talking about the jumps, the wreck, that kind of stuff
they kept good working 69's to drive around and do closeups, but they used some 70's and Challengers to fill in the graves

July 09, 2005 11:52AM
Sorry but I dont think that they look anything close and have never heard of this either. Though I will do some research today on this to see if I can find anything about them using Challengers as doubles. I couldnt imagine the crew thinking that a car that does not look anything like the other could fool anyone. Dude its not just a little more rounded but a lot shorter and the deck is way smaller.

July 09, 2005 11:54AM
Dude I don't know a whole lotta jack about cars myself, some might call that a typical chica thing. But as a 'casual observer' and looking at what your both talking about...those cars look NOTHING alike. Obviously some of us have different vision as we do opinions however. So this is my 2 cent vis/opi. It could be another one of those uber Hollywood bloopers and if it is they had a pretty ignorant crew insulting their audience.

July 09, 2005 03:28PM
I read it on an info site a couple years back
maybe the site was wrong
*shrugs*
I've always liked both, always thought they looked similar IMO
and another thing to consider, near the end run of the show the production value went way down due to spending cuts in their budget and they even tried to use models for some of the jumps
maybe they didnt care by then
*shrugs*

July 09, 2005 04:45PM
I found several sites that mention the both 68 and 70 Chargers were used throughout shooting. They apparently went through a TON of chargers (close to 300) in the making of the series.

[home.earthlink.net]
[www.classictv.info]
[www.juiceenewsdaily.com]
[www.crazyabouttv.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2005 04:47PM by Tormain.
re: Duke's cleverer than that
January 20, 2006 11:14PM
HERE'S THE ORIGINAL POST

>Re: Duke's of Hazzard
>Posted by: Tormain (IP Logged)
>Date: June 30, 2005 05:43PM

>Hmm...

>Bo and Luke Duke (Same Stats)

>F: Gd
>A: Gd
>S: Ty
>E: Ty
>R: Pr
>I: Pr
>P: Ty

>Powers
>Holding Car together: Amazing
>They have the ability to make their car survive insane jumps repeatedly using a "roll bar" or something...

>talents:
>Stunt Driving

>THe Duke brothers are a pair of country boys who like to make trouble for the local law who have made a small monarchy out of the >local area. While not bright, educated, or particularly talented at much they are good at causing trouble and driving cars.

OK, now here's my thoughts. This is Mark. I have to disagree a little bit here. Now remember, this is just one player's oppinion. I'll let the "same stats" thing stand. But those stats for these "local heroes" should be higher. I'll be conservative, though.
First, these strapping young country boys would be Good either on strength or endurance, maybe both. I guess I'd easily say bump endurance up one to Good. If they were main characters, I don't know, maybe I'd go for F:Good A:Good S:Good E:Ex.
As for Reason, they may not be book smart, but they probably have Typ reasoning, not Poor, especially mechanically and getting stuff to work around the farm. But most importantly, I'd bump the Duke Boys up from Poor to Good in Intuition. They may not be geniuses, but they can smell a rat. They know when something fishy is going on. They're perseptive and observant. Pretty goood about following clues. And they can outthink the local police (though that's not saying much). These guys always come out on top; and it's more than luck, I reckon.
Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2006 11:15PM by Mark.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.