She-Hulk Update

Posted by Wallace 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
She-Hulk Update
April 24, 2005 05:50PM
I've been extremely busy lately, mostly with exams and dissertation stuff. But the other day my girlfriend threw a couple of issues of She-Hulk my way, and I noticed some interesting changes.

Not sure if this is considered canon, but it looks to be that way.

First of all, there's a supervillain prison where they're all kept shrunk down with Pym Particles. This amuses me.

Second, She-Hulk herself. Beat the Champion of the Universe in a straight fight.

She's working for the Living Tribunal's intergalactic judiciary service. As part of that, she was sent to a planet where Might is Right to settle a court case involving the Champion of the Universe. They went into the boxing ring together, and he beat her to a pulp. They called a mistrial, and were given three months to prepare their case.

She-Hulk spent those three months doing two things: Pumping iron in human form, because her strength increases exponentially when she transforms, and training in hand-to-hand combat, specifically boxing. Under Gamora.

By the end of those three months she was able to throw in the legal argument that the Champion couldn't bring the Power Gem into the ring, and then beat him to a pulp.

So, at the very least Shulkie now merits Martial Arts B. Probably Unearthly Strength, and possibly at least one of Martial Arts A, Incredible Fighting, and Monstrous Endurance.

In human form, she probably now merits Good Fighting and Typical Strength.

Oh, and her Reason seems to remain the same in either form. She's been that way a long time - I think it was just a relic of the Savage She-Hulk days in any case.

-Wal

Surrender? What? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?
Re: She-Hulk Update
April 24, 2005 09:10PM
I'm don't think the current She-Hulk series is in the same univese as the mainstream comics. My main reason for thinking this is b/c she's been shown to be okay and doing all manner of things in there while in the Avengers: Disassembled story arc, she went berserk due to Wanda's hexes, and then got KO'd and was last seen comatosely floating in a Bacta Tank (or something like that). I'm not even sure if she's up and around yet in the 616 universe.

I do like the Pym Prison idea. I remember seeing an ish where several of the villains escaped, but were still action figure-sized. They tried taking on Shulkie, but got nowhere. She tossed Tiger Shark into a fish tank, and as he gloated about how the waters were rejuvenating him and increasing his strength, she dropped Electro in with him (frying both). Absorbing Man touched a ventilation gril and turned to solid steel... but b/c he was still action figure-sized, Shulkie was easily able to simply bend him in half (backwards, mind you). Vermin got caught in a rat trap, and Sandman got vacuumed up by the Mad Thinker's Awesome Android (who's apparently been working as a janitor at the Manhattan-based law firm Shulkie's been at).

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Ben Riely
April 25, 2005 08:30AM
She-Hulk is up and about in the Avengers Finale book. In it, she didn't change back into She-Hulk because she fealt horrible about the berserker incident. It looks like she will also appear in the House of M storyline too.

Ben
April 25, 2005 11:39AM
I believe most everyone's going to appear in that.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
Ben Riely
April 25, 2005 01:55PM
She was among the group in the preview from Wizard, where Professor X discusses what should happened to the Scarlet Witch among both the Avengers and the X-Men.

Ben
April 25, 2005 02:42PM
Well canon or not, it's stupid. If it is canon, then we need to reboot or get new canon. We can call it "howitzer" instead :) ! We'll define it as: "Just like 'canon', only not stupid."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life
April 25, 2005 06:07PM
Ummm... are you calling the mainstream MU (with the Avengers: Disassembled story arc & Grant Morrison's alterations to the X-Men) stupid, or the intentionally funny/zany She-Hulk comic stupid?

Post Edited (04-25-05 17:08)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.