stats

Posted by viking101372 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
viking101372
stats
March 05, 2005 04:27PM
hey anybody know where i can get stats for Solar man of the atom, Dr. Manhatten, and the new Hyperion.
Re: stats
March 05, 2005 04:41PM
for the new Hyperion just use stats for Superman. Yeah i know it would be cheesey but really lets face it that's who he's supposed to be. Also this site has the stats for the original and criminal Squadron Supreme and Squadron Sinister versions.

Solar, Man of the Atom
Phil Seleski
F: Rm/30
A: Am/50
S: Rm/30
E: Un/100
R: Rm/30
I: In/40
P: Rm/30
Health: 210
Resources: Excellent
Popularity: 0
Powers:
Energy Generation & Control: Shift-X, Solar can generate and control various forms of energy including: Light, Heat, Gravity, Electricity, Fire, Cold, Kinetic, Magnetism, Radio Waves
* Energy Blasts of Shift-X intensity
* Gateways to other places and dimensions at Un/100 ability
* By making a red feat roll he may create a Black Hole capable of swallowing whole solar systems

Matter Manipulation: Shift-X, Solar may alter matter to suit his will on a planetary scale

Energy Body - Quantum Matter: Shift-X, Solar's body is now composed of quantum energy
* Life Support: CL 1000
* Invulnerability: Un/100
* Duplication: Un/100, at times of great inner conflict Solar may create duplicate of himself that embody both sides of the conflict

Flight: CL 1000, he may travel at the speed of light

Talents: Leadership, Nuclear Physics, Quantum Physics

Contacts: Most of the Valiant Heroes

sorry i never got around to doing conversions of the Watchmen.
viking101372
March 05, 2005 04:49PM
The new Capt. Marvel, in the green kree uniform, the insane one.
March 05, 2005 06:28PM
My stats for Solar. I probably just converted a DC Heroes writeup to get these.

SOLAR
F- RM (30)
A- AM (50)
S- RM (30)
E- AM (50)
R- RM (30)
I- RM (30)
P- MN (75)
H- 160
K- 135
R- N/A
P- 0

Powers: Energy Blast UN (100)
Flight CL. 3000
Body Resistance MN (75)
Molecular Conversion UN (100)
Sealed Systems SH-Y
Solar Sustenance MN (75)
Teleportation EX (8,000 miles)
Duplication UN (100)

Talents: Leadership, Nuclear Physics, Quantum Physics.
Contacts: Hero Community- Valiant Earth.

Background and Role-Playing Notes (by Barry Reese):
Solar was the childhood hero of Dr. Phil Seleski, who thrilled to the green-skinned hero's exploits in comic books. Seleski grew up to became a nuclear physicist who was exposed to a massive amount of radiation during a terrible accident. Seleski was reborn as a God, able to create whole worlds with his power. Seleski created the Valiant Earth, home to great heroes and villains. Here he adopted the guise of his childhood hero and fought to safeguard this world. Solar took part in the event known as Unity when Erica Pierce, who had survived the same accident that created Solar, sought to unify the timelines. Solar is constantly trying to balance his humanity with his God-like nature and is frequently kept sane by the love of Gayle Rogers, his co-worker and on-again, off-again girlfriend. Solar has the ability to split himself into alternate selves and has done this on several occasions, usually as the result of tremendous stress : one of his selves, Solar the Destroyer, went off into deep space in search of the Spider-Aliens; another one of his selves met with Void of the W.I.L.D.Cats and helped spark the "Deathmate" crossover between Image and Valiant.

Solar is far too powerful for more roleplayers to handle and he works best as an NPC. Story ideas include having to stop Solar from having another breakdown with disastrous results; being summoned by Solar to take part in some important mission or even having Solar save the day if the PCs botch things totally.

MSH Classic RPG System
[rivendell.fortunecity.com]
March 06, 2005 11:31AM
Dr. Manhattan -- you mean the blue-skinned plot device in DC's Watchmen?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
March 06, 2005 10:41PM
I think he does. Just let Doc do what he wants. No non-entity should be able to change his course of action. Manhattan is a Cosmic Cube type entity. If he was in a courtroom, a jury of his peers would have to consist of The Watchers, the High Evolutionary, the Stranger, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life
March 09, 2005 01:47PM
See I have just read the watchmen tpb for the fifth time and i can't see why anyone is putting him on par with people like galactus and other cosmic baddies, he really doesn't do anything to warrant it. i was thinking surfer type level character myself.
Yes he can see everyting as it happens in the past and the future, but he himself says he can't do anything about it because to him it is happening at that moment, so knowing whats going to happen and being unable to do anything about it aint that impressive. creating that castle on mars, well i think that could be done with un. 100 ability and you wouldn't need a class ranking or even a shift rank for that matter.
The only battle he has is against normal humans and Rorshack. they show him in one scene shoot a tank with a bolt of energy and he melts the top turret of it but that is less than an Un.100 feat. his one big display of power is teleporting to mars, and it never says he does that in one jump.
His FASERIP, is another thing i don't see being as badass as every one thinks. He is a scientist with no real hand to hand training, and the same could be said for agility. There is one scene in his lab where he lifts a big machine but aint nothing i haven't scene rogue or the thing lift and he could have been using his power to help out. Endurance on the other hand he was beyond the need for food air or rest. I would give him a high reason but not godlike. Intuition i would say is high except he seems distracted by his own power all the time. Psyche i really couldn't gaige but having the will power to reassemble yourself on an molecular level would be pretty damn good.
He always desplayed a wekness to takyon, and admitted that high level radiation would cloud his ability to see other times. And Ozymandius blasted him back to molecules with the same energy that was used to create him, witch me his resistance to it at least would be low if any, and yes I know he just put himself back together, but the point is i don't see anything that would give him any ind of resistance or invulnerability, with the exception to heat cold and aging.
Let me know what you all think.
Thumb through the book and see though he really doesn't do anything all that badass.
Keep in mind to everyone else in the story saying he is like a god and all, He is the only superpowered being on the planet, so yeah he would be like a god to them.

I am the master of past and present, my coming was fortold!
re:stats
March 09, 2005 01:47PM
From what i can tell anyway would put at best on par with surfer and that is being generous

Post Edited (03-09-05 13:00)

March 09, 2005 01:49PM
sorry bout so many posts in a row but had some tech problems, it kept telling me it couldn't find site everytime i clicked post but it posted them anyway.

Post Edited (03-09-05 13:02)

March 09, 2005 01:49PM
Wasn't someone doing the watchmen stats a while back?

Post Edited (03-09-05 13:03)

March 10, 2005 08:46AM
Here are his DC Heroes stats.

Dexterity: 15 Strength: 20 Body: 18
Intelligence: 30 Will: 20 Mind: 30
Influence: 4 Aura: 15 Spirit: 10
Initiative: 49 Hero Points: 200

Powers
Growth: 20 Invulnerability: 35 Matter Manipulation: 35 Sealed Systems: 50
Telekinesis: 25 Teleportation: 50

Skills
Gadgetry: 30 Scientist: 30

Advantages
Connection (U.S. Government: high) Genius
Scholar: Physics

Drawbacks
Catastrophic Irrational Attraction: Knowledge Public Identity

MSH Classic RPG System
March 14, 2005 07:18AM
Now if someone could convert these or tell me where I can get the conversion system?:)

March 14, 2005 08:00AM
Taken from Stormangel's website, from a long time ago.

MSH Classic RPG System
March 14, 2005 08:28AM
Yeah but he does nothing to deserve or warrant these stats. Is someone could show me one example of where he demenstrates any class 5000 ability at all then I could understand it but I haven't seen one example in the entire Watchman boook with maybe the exception of his resistance to heat and cold.
I am currently having this debate with a friend about Manhatten and Solar and there power levels, and he too can't show me where the good Doctor desplays this kind of power.
Can anyone please show me one example of him using cl.5000 power, cause I just don't see it.

March 14, 2005 01:11PM
Teleporting from Earth to Mars?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
March 14, 2005 03:34PM
OK from the above stats provided here's my take on a conversion. Remember we are trying to convert the ridiculous DC level stats to the Marvel playing field.

Dr Manhatten
Jonathon Osterman

Fighting: Remarkable
Agility: Amazing
Strength: Unearthly
Endurance: Unearthly
Reason: Unearthly
Intuition: Monstrous
Psyche: Unearthly

Powers
Growth: Unearthly
True Invulnerability: Unearthly
Molecular Conversion: Unearthly
Elemental Conversion: Unearthly
Transmutation: Unearthly
Self Sustenance: Class 1000
Telekinesis: Unearthly
Teleportation: Class 1000
Serial Immortality: Dr Manhatten can reassemble himself on a molecular level
Precognition: Unearthly

Limitation:
* Jon has no free will per se. He sees everything through time and knows what he must and will do. He displays no surface emotion, but he does feel however.
* A concentrated burt of takyon aimed at him will cloud nullify his precognitive abilities for 1-10 rounds.
* Dr Manhatten has no resistance to Takyon energy bypassing his invulnerability

Skills
Engineering, Repair/Tinker, Science- All

Contacts:
U.S. Government

This makes him ridiculously powerful in the Marvelrpg still but brings him to a level consistance other powerhouses..

As for those Class 5000 powers i think this is a direct translation of his power into marvel formate from DC. It doesn't really take into account the marvel rpg system and how that relationship is maintained in character writeups. EG: Herc dragging a city, Hulk lift mountains etc, superman doing this thang.. When adapting a character i compare the powerhouse. (Thor and Superman). They should be roughly equal in power for game balance. Sure it might not be 100% accurate but it does keep the character in balance.

CheerZ

P.

'Fer the love of my sweet Aunt Petunia' - Ben Grimm
March 15, 2005 04:00AM
First he could of done that in leaps and it could have been another power such as gateway. or he could have just broke down there molecules and moved them at high speed to simulate tp.

March 15, 2005 04:03AM
Now this right up seems more consistant with the book than one full of undeserving class 5000 rankings.

March 15, 2005 08:07AM
>>>first he could of done that in leaps<<<

except there's no evidence at all of him doing it that way. He, and what's-her-face, were simply there on earth one moment, the next they're on Mars. One jump, not several small ones.

>>>and it could have been another power such as gateway<<<

No, it couldn't, since Gateway creates a gate. That's not what Manhattan does.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
March 18, 2005 10:19AM
I still don't think he deserves all the power everyone heaps on him, And I think Aunt P has the best And most acurrate stats I have seen so far. Even DC stats don't give him that kind of power it seems to me.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.