hulk's strength

Posted by hammer of justice 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
hammer of justice
hulk's strength
November 14, 2004 02:05PM
i am sure that captain america and hulk have the same strength even though hulk increases in strength when he gets madder it would seem like hulk's strength would be higher or less than captain america's strength

hammer of justice

love,peace,and fun
Ben Riely
Re: hulk's strength
November 14, 2004 02:32PM
Um, no, they don't...While Captain America did possess some Super-Strength before in his life, I doubt it would have even rank close to the Hulk's strength. I'd say either In or Am if you're using the old Super-Strength Cap

Ben Riely
November 14, 2004 04:44PM
So i guess my question would be...

Where did you find Cap's strength noted as high as the Hulks.

Not on this site..i hope *runs to check it out, will be crushed if it is*

[img220.echo.cx]
November 14, 2004 08:55PM
I can't fathom how you came to this conclusion. The hulk is the quite possibly the strongest being on the planet, well cap is well below spidermans level

think? whatta you mean think? i dont think, i beat people up. now pay me
November 14, 2004 09:34PM
If memory serves, at his peak, when he did exhibit superhuman strength, Cap was at the Rm/30 range. For the most part, though, Cap exhibits peak human strength (Ex/20).

Hulk, on the other hand, has to my knowledge never shown anything less than Monstrous/75 Strength. And, ys, the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets, and he's shown no upper limit.

Hammer, where/how did you get the idea that they'd be evenly matched on strength?

Post Edited (11-14-04 20:36)

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
hammer of justice
November 15, 2004 08:46PM
dr.arche eville i'm not talking about when hulk has gotten madder but right when he turns into hulk he has unearthly strength and cap has amazing the only thing in between that is monstorous

hammer of justice

love,peace,and fun
November 15, 2004 10:23PM
Uhhh.... where has Cap ever had Amazing/50 Strength?

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
November 16, 2004 02:21AM
I think he's talking about Ultimates rather than MU616. Even so I wouldn't rate caps strength remotely close to Hulks.

Post Edited (11-17-04 12:10)
November 16, 2004 05:12AM
Maybe he mistook Strength for Fighting because thats the only Amazing [physical stat] that Cap has.

[img220.echo.cx]
November 16, 2004 08:32AM
Even Ultimates Cap'd only rank at Rm/30 Strength, I'd wager. I'm pretty sure he's not Spidey-Strong.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
November 16, 2004 08:54AM
the difference between amazing strength and unearthly is amazing is only half as strong as unearthly. And that is only if the amazing strength is pushed to its most upper limits in strength feats. I think you should read up on strength levels and hey maybe a comic or two.

think? whatta you mean think? i dont think, i beat people up. now pay me
November 19, 2004 12:46AM
For the greatest part, Cap has managed to press in the range off 650lbs, although in the Ultimates he has gotten into the Remarkable range or there abouts while Hulk averages, AVERAGES mind you, the Unearthly range. He was the example of Unearthly strength originally. Hulk goes WAAAAAAAYYYY up from there in the comics, at the least into the Shift Y range and into the Shift Z range with some of his feats (and with a few badly written ones he's in the Class 5000 to Beyond range... but those are instances of idiots writing him), although they are exceedingly few.

This makes him, on average, about 300 or so times Cap strength on average. The Emerald Goliath is Marvel's benchmark for strength, same as Cap is for human physical maximums.

Gerrod

If electricity comes from electrons; does that mean that morality comes from morons? G. Carlin
Sera
November 19, 2004 10:06AM
I remember in Ultimates, when Captain America briefly had to hold Spider-Man back (which was reluctantly aiding the Sinister 6) in a 'pushing match', you could clearly see the groves on the ground under Captain America's feet, indicating Spider-Man was clearly winning (even though they're not fighting)...
FOOM
November 19, 2004 03:30PM
That's what I like about characters such as Cap and Bats. They will stand toe to toe even with being who could squash them like flies.
Of course, when confronting other heroes, they rely upon either the stupidity (Hulk) or sense of responsibility (Spidey, Superman) that their opponents posess.
hammer of justice
November 19, 2004 09:52PM
this does'nt make sense!!!!someone posted that spiderman has more strength than cap when spiderman has only the strength of a spider and cap is suppose to be the PERFECT man

hammer of justice

love,peace,and fun
November 20, 2004 12:13AM
The proportional strength of a spider. Take a spider, make it the size of Peter Parker (say about 150lbs) and you've got a bug that can throw a motorcycle over a roof top or press the front end of abus, in short, a spider that can lift 10 tons (20,000 lbs). At least so says comic bookdom. The actual phsycis of the thing would make it impossible to do of course even if the physical strength existed.

Gerrod

If electricity comes from electrons; does that mean that morality comes from morons? G. Carlin
November 20, 2004 07:27AM
Hammer, look at the stats in any MSH gamebook. Spidey is most always listed as having Incredible/40 Strength, and can press about 10 tons. Heck, look at any of the Spider-Man cartoons or either of the recent movies, you'll see he's got superhuman strength (not so much seen in the first flick, but definitely seen in the second, when he's stopping the runaway trains & holding up the collapsing building near the end so it doesn't crush Mary Jane).

Captain America, on the other hand, possesses the peak/maximum physical abilities that a normal (non-Mutant) human could have. He's as strong as a human could ever be (like, say, Arnold Schwarzenegger, back when he was at the top of his Mr. Universe days), as agile as a human could ever be, etc.. There are lots of folks faster/stronger/etc. than him, though, but that's b/c they have various mutations.

---------------------
Be Ex/20 to one another!
November 20, 2004 08:44PM
Yeah... Spider-man with his Incredible strength rank can perform Amazing feats of Strength on Red Feats.
An Amazing strength feat supporting the Monstrous matrial strength rank of the Webbing... thus allowing the lattice of webbing (having the higher rank) to perform an action with Unearthly strength (Shift-X on a Red Feat for it).

Obviously he's gotta be using karma... so those Red feats are probably being made... Shift-X... in comic book terms at least would seem appropriate for slowly bring a runaway train to a grinding stop.

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.