Converting MSH to SWRPG:: Help Please

Posted by Malice 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Converting MSH to SWRPG:: Help Please
October 27, 2004 07:18PM
Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way or had done so already, in terms of converting Marvel Superheroes stats over to the Star Wars RPG.

I know that the game and stats themselves differ a lot for the SW RPG, as compared to MSH. But if anyone could help me figure out a way to convert MSH stats over to SW - I would be totally greatful.

My Husband (Sidious, Sid) is probably one of the most outstanding GM's, especially when it comes to stats. But even this conversion has stumped him. So again, mucho grande thanx to anyone who might be able to help on this one.

~ Thanx

Life's a razor, it's only a matter of time before you get cut
Re: Converting MSH to SWRPG:: Help Please
October 28, 2004 07:11AM
I aint all that great. This is pretty tuff though. The Star Wars RPG is way different than Marvel.

Sid

Live Fast, Live Hard and Play it Loud
October 28, 2004 12:03PM
which Star Wars? West End games or D20?
October 28, 2004 01:30PM
D20

Life's a razor, it's only a matter of time before you get cut
October 28, 2004 07:20PM
I think if you search these forums specifically for D20 you'll have some luck. I know I've seen threads concerning the D20 system in general. Google might turn up some stuff too.

I think that if you do a straight conversion versus a modified one you'll quickly discover yet another proof that superhero RPGs are way over the top of other genres. IOW, someone like the Thing or She-Hulk will have a Strength score in the Epic ancient dragon level. You can see where that is heading. OTOH, if you modify it too much you'll wind up with a game that really doesn't reflect, have the same "flavor", as what you originally started out with. It would be less of a conversion and more of a translation, the kind where something is lost. YMMV, but I'd prefer to try and contruct NPCs modeled after comic characters and see if they have the same personalities as the originals. If they do, simply run with it and you'll wind up with a permutation of the MSHRPG world that works. If they do not, then maybe it simply can't be done in a satisfying way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm the rest of his life

TSR is a registered trademark owned by TSR Inc. TSR inc. is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a division of Hasbro, Inc. Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission.

Names(s) of character(s) and the distinctive likeness(es) thereof are Trademarks and © of DC Comics and are used without permission. This site is not intended to make money. It provides resources to players of a game no longer being produced.